Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Good Old Games
Donate to Codex
News Content Gallery About Donate Discord Contact
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

We Need A Space Under Our Avatars to Include Our Pronouns

Grauken

Blobbers forever
Patron
Since this is the thread for field requests I would appreciate a field stating your favorite meal and drink. As a French I care a lot about this stuff and if you happen to travel near my place I'd gladly invite you and it'd help me knowing what to cook.
one well done steak with ketchup please
Americans just kill everything food related. That's horrible and a crime against God.
Then we could autofill their religious affiliation field with satanic, makes it easier

Hag

Savant
While the fact that some people can enjoy non-rare steaks bemuses me, I'll still do it. Are you ok with double-fried Belgian-style fries as a side ?
you mean freedom fries?
I don't want petty cultural differences to bother my guests. It's no good for digestion. If you want them to be double fried freedom, so be it.

Peachcurl

Cipher
If you never see our local Marxists, you are not reading the threads they frequent. Healthy decision, but it leads to a biased view on the composition of Codexia.

Marxists are insane neckbeards, and most of the people you call "marxists" aren't even Marxists. The number of far right white supremecists and outright Nazis on this forum far outweighs any left wingers. And as I said, I'm the only normal center-left poster on this forum. Normal center-left posters are exactly the people we want to attract.
Eh, I'll still go with Marxists, because otherwise there are no Marxists in the whole world. Anyways.

Overall, there may be a bias towards the extreme right, sure. I don't think it is quite as bad as you describe it, but at the very least the extreme right is pretty prolific in terms of posting behavior.

But I very, very much doubt that you are the only "normal center-left" around here (for multiple reasons), although I'll grant that this is a malleable category. The following meme seems relevant here:
NLfZqbW.jpg

LJ40

Arbiter

Grauken

Blobbers forever
Patron
I want a field that clearly states whether you prefer Wizardry, Dungeon Master, Ultima, Goldbox or Rogue
Already accomplished via the field for a custom title. :smug:

Not everybody is as prestigious as us
This is a good idea, but I had to use my location field. How do I enter a custom title?

Is this an "equip the ring" situation?

I think it comes with being a patron of the arts

agris

Arcane
Patron
Correct_Carlo real question: if this is so important to you, why can't you just put it in your location, or your custom text under your username? we have fields for free form entry already, why do you a new, custom field just to do what can already be done?

Grauken

Blobbers forever
Patron
Correct_Carlo real question: if this is so important to you, why can't you just put it in your location, or your custom text under your username? we have fields for free form entry already, why do you a new, custom field just to do what can already be done?

I already asked this and his answer was

No. That's not good enough. I want a special location for them. Again, I'm saying, that if there is administrative buy-in to the idea of pronouns, it will send a specific message that Codex is welcome to all people, regardless of what specific users might say.

What he really wants though, is to shift the "population" dynamics of the forum toward a more progressive stance and this won't work the way he thinks it would. As we all know, the only left-leaning folks here are either just as crazy as the rightoids or smart enough not to get involved with politics. So the only way to shift anything here is to flood the forum with lots of leftoids, but then the only one who could function here are either crazy or not interested in talking politics too much. The outcome would never be what he wants it to be, except by buying the forum from DU and implementing his ideas top-down. Then nothing much will be left, so there's no way for him to succeed.

Hag

Savant
Stop trying to hijack the thread. We're talking about food here, that's important stuff.

Americans just kill everything food related. That's horrible and a crime against God.
Well Rusty may have modest taste, but there is nothing wrong with a steak with ketchup.

See, you take a noble flank steak you cook with some salt, pepper mix and thyme, use the juice to prepare its roast garlic sauce, add homemade ketchup made from fresh tomatoes next to a generous serving of golden FREEDOM fries, with a salad of mustard, cornsalad and rocket leaves, decorated with mallow and nasturtium flowers and its basic vinaigrette. Serve with a red Bourgogne wine.
Nothing to be ashamed about.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
What he really wants though, is to shift the "population" dynamics of the forum toward a more progressive stance and this won't work the way he thinks it would. As we all know, the only left-leaning folks here are either just as crazy as the rightoids or smart enough not to get involved with politics. So the only way to shift anything here is to flood the forum with lots of leftoids, but then the only one who could function here are either crazy or not interested in talking politics too much. The outcome would never be what he wants it to be, except by buying the forum from DU and implementing his ideas top-down. Then nothing much will be left, so there's no way for him to succeed.

It's doubly funny because the leftoids here don't last 5 seconds around the kind of retards that lurk in places like RE.

If they actually succeeded in attracting more RE types here the leftoid codexers would either be banned or get sick of the place and leave. They'd then presumably start the same cycle on other forums (not that there are many as free as the Codex left).

Exactly the same issue we see with immigrants trying to turn countries into the same shitholes they left and then bitching when they succeed.

mediocrepoet

En français: poètemédiocre!
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
You can also be left leaning in various ways and still think the pronoun thing is fucking ridiculous. One of the best features of the Codex is that it doesn't have this inane lunacy that's been taking over other areas.

I had a census taker ask my pronouns a few years back. I wanted to punch him. He sort of smirked, I think he must've noticed my expression.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
You can also be left leaning in various ways and still think the pronoun thing is fucking ridiculous. One of the best features of the Codex is that it doesn't have this inane lunacy that's been taking over other areas.

I had a census taker ask my pronouns a few years back. I wanted to punch him. He sort of smirked, I think he must've noticed my expression.

I think the big issue is a lot of the left leaning people that find things like pronouns dumb are still happy to enable the greater woke agenda out of some misguided desire for "greater good".

It's the same with "moderate muslims" who still give luke warm approval to groups like ISIS (and many other groups who are happy to be enablers).

mediocrepoet

En français: poètemédiocre!
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I think the big issue is a lot of the left leaning people that find things like pronouns dumb are still happy to enable the greater woke agenda out of some misguided desire for "greater good".

It's the same with "moderate muslims" who still give luke warm approval to groups like ISIS (and many other groups who are happy to be enablers).
Just like "right leaning" can mean several things, so can "left leaning". It's a really reductive way of looking at things.

Regardless, this idea is stupid and probably trolling.

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
I've bought a few Cameos from celebrities for friends saying they needs words of support for my friend coming out as gay. Those were for jokes but if I did it for Codex members it would likely be real.

agris

Arcane
Patron
It’s dead, Jim.

Too much corpse dancing is unsightly.

Viata

Arcane
The one thing I don't get pronouns is, that you never use them when you talk to someone directly, only when that person is absent. So that person would never know if you used the "wrong" pronouns if nobody tells on you. So it's a made-up problem, except maybe people who get talked about in articles or documentaries or such, but for normal people completely irrelevant.
It's because they are such an attention whore they assume you will be talking about them every time.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
There are many misconceptions about me here:

1. I'm 1/2 Slav & 1/2 German. I thought it was well known that I'm not latino. I only chose Juan_Carlo as a user name because it's such a common name that it's difficult to google (which is exactly the sort of name you want if you are posting on Codex)

2. I don't care about listing my pronouns. I just thought it'd be a cool and welcoming idea if we had a separate space for them that would send a message that not all of Codex is angry racists and homophobes.

mondblut

Arcane

Grimlorn

Arcane
Listing pronouns is just an insidious way to destroy the Codex long term. You're going to have conformists vs free thinkers. People who aren't beholden to Marxists like Wrong Carlo who want to control language and thought aren't going to want to refer to someone by their made up pronouns. This will lead to more reporting and work for the mods. Those mods will get sick of the shit and quit, and new mods that will enforce the pronoun rules and ban anyone who mis-genders someone. It will also of course attract the kind of lunatics like Wrong Carlo and trannies on platforms like Resetra that will see it as a signal they're welcome here and the site will be sanitized of all dissent against leftism which will lead to much more reporting of wrongthink in people's posts.

WrongCarlo should probably be banned for even suggesting something so evil and vile.

Top Bottom