Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Good Old Games
Donate to Codex
News Content Gallery About Donate Discord Contact
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

We Need A Space Under Our Avatars to Include Our Pronouns

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
the suggestion put forward by carlo is so mind-numbingly dumb, the best reply i can muster is this witty one, because this thread doesn't deserve a dignified response that has actual thought put into it:

my pronouns are fart/fart

Grauken

Blobbers forever
Patron
2. I don't care about listing my pronouns. I just thought it'd be a cool and welcoming idea if we had a separate space for them that would send a message that not all of Codex is angry racists and homophobes.

Most of it is though. You need some thick skin to ignore all that shit. Do you really want to make some poor unsuspecting sob suffer all this?

Humanophage

Arcane
-Codex is known on the internet as a right-wing haven for racists and homophobes, which regardless of your political positions, isn't a great thing for the long term viability of the website.
Why not? It's a great and growing niche as more and more people get annoyed by the increasing wokeness in the industry. Not swallowing bad developments in RPGs is probably correlated with not swallowing them elsewhere.

As for excessive fields in the profile, it can be an entertaining format but it would make everything look even more disorganised:
e8gkxPW.png

Last edited:

Alienman

Lord magnificent of the Red Wastes
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
if we had a separate space for them that would send a message that not all of Codex is angry racists and homophobes.

Still not sure how this is connected. Not liking the pronounce stuff don't make you a homophobe (lol, this word) nor a racist.

How about you simply include whatever pronoun you prefer to be referred to as in your own signature? Or in your existing profile details? It does ask for gender there, you know.

OH, WAIT! THERE ARE ONLY TWO OF THEM INCLUDED AND AN OPTION TO NOT SPECIFY! HOW CAN THIS BE?
we need the raptor option back. How else i will demonstrate my true sex.

Semiurge

Cipher
I don't care about listing my pronouns. I just thought it'd be a cool and welcoming idea if we had a separate space for them that would send a message that not all of Codex is angry racists and homophobes.

We've done fine without this pronoun shit until the 2010s, and the majority are still oblivious to them, happily so.

So, why is it that a certain subset of people can't seem to do without them? Have pronouns become the wheelchair ramps for these.... invalids? No wait, that's a poor analogy - the ramps serve an actual purpose instead of ego fellating the mentally unstable.

Last edited:

Alphard

Magister
You can also be left leaning in various ways and still think the pronoun thing is fucking ridiculous. One of the best features of the Codex is that it doesn't have this inane lunacy that's been taking over other areas.

I had a census taker ask my pronouns a few years back. I wanted to punch him. He sort of smirked, I think he must've noticed my expression.

We've done fine without this pronoun shit until the 2010s, and the majority are still oblivious to them, happily so.

So, why is it that a certain subset of people can't seem to do without them? Have pronouns become the wheelchair ramps for these.... invalids? No wait, that's a poor analogy - the ramps serve an actual purpose instead of ego fellation of the mentally unstable.
it's part of the globohomo agenda to further destroy minds and souls.

Semiurge

Cipher
You can also be left leaning in various ways and still think the pronoun thing is fucking ridiculous. One of the best features of the Codex is that it doesn't have this inane lunacy that's been taking over other areas.

I had a census taker ask my pronouns a few years back. I wanted to punch him. He sort of smirked, I think he must've noticed my expression.

So, why is it that a certain subset of people can't seem to do without them? Have pronouns become the wheelchair ramps for these.... invalids? No wait, that's a poor analogy - the ramps serve an actual purpose instead of ego fellation of the mentally unstable.

Identity politics is 1:1 to Marxism. That's all one needs to know. The seeds of western rot were planted for boomers by the east, but this new thing, "Woke", has a fresh ground-zero. Presumably the American west-coast colleges.

Alphard

Magister

Identity politics is 1:1 to Marxism. That's all one needs to know. The seeds of western rot were planted for boomers by the east, but this new thing, "Woke", has a fresh ground-zero. Presumably the American west-coast colleges.
Its root is the 60' liberalization of sexualization and other movement for absolute "freedom" . those seeds were planted and carefully watered through an ever increasing attack on traditional Cristian culture. today we reap the fruits: degeneration of all kind ( including homos and trans sex) , killing of infants and unborn, etc. the difference today is that "they" have instituzionalized hate and intolerance for dissent against the madness . so in several western nations you can go jail for wrongthink. and it hasnt stopped yet. the worst has yet to come ( including pedophilia acceptance)

mediocrepoet

En français: poètemédiocre!
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Holy smokes that's crazy. Do you actually believe any of that unhinged weirdness Alphard? :lol:

I've always been under the impression that this website was a "free speech zone,"
It is, which is why I can say your idea is retarded and you're yet another mentally ill attention whore spending time in a place he considers irrelevant and full of people who hate him. In a certain other forum, I'd be banned for a week for antagonizing another user.

mediocrepoet

Patron
Yeah, I'm not going to comment on a court case I don't know the details of presented by a tabloid rag in a different country from where the case was heard and that includes a lot of [] paraphrasing presented as a quote. Could it be true? Possibly. That source sucks ass though.

But sure, we're like 6 months away from wide acceptance of pedophilia and anyone who doesn't like it should go back to where they came from and return all land that has been misappropriated by the US government to the First Nations tribes.

Yeah, I'm not going to comment on a court case I don't know the details of presented by a tabloid rag in a different country from where the case was heard and that includes a lot of [] paraphrasing presented as a quote. Could it be true? Possibly. That source sucks ass though.
damn that's a lot of words to say "yea, I'm a retard"
But sure, we're like 6 months away from wide acceptance of pedophilia and anyone who doesn't like it should go back to where they came from and return all land that has been misappropriated by the US government to the First Nations tribes.
ac6d7a99a6103a704cc9618e2eff09deb217b1d2.png

mediocrepoet

Patron

Putting that American education to good work again, I see. You're unironically using the nypost as a reputable source. I pity you if you seriously don't see the issue with that.

Putting that American education to good work again, I see. You're unironically using the nypost as a reputable source. I pity you if you seriously don't see the issue with that.
"nooo you didn't post my leftist rag as a source nooooooooo!"
lmao kill yourself before you rape more children, faggot

mediocrepoet

Patron

They let people like you vote there? That's bananas. :lol:

They let people like you vote there? That's bananas. :lol:
"f-f-faggots don't rape children at a 5000% increased rate!! my government told me so and they'd never lie!!!!!!"
ok child-raping faggot

mediocrepoet

Patron
:avatard:

Why are you quoting me? Who are you talking to rusty_shackleford? Did you forget to take your meds?

Top Bottom