Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter We need more buttons

Skinwalker

*teleports within you*
Patron
It's matter of time...
A.
7F8Iurp.png

B.
fxcSaYo.png
Yes, it's a matter of time for you to stop being horrible.

Self-Ejected

Zizka

Self-Ejected
Zizka, can you do a button version of this?
Yes, I could.

Hoot:
Having to manage a height of 22 px is pretty limiting. I tried to do the owl from Link to the Past but I'm so cramped for space I decided to do a face instead.

A.
bKfy1xb.gif

Smaller versions:
jIxZTLu.png
60uGMyQ.png
b8usYzu.png
Scj4Di9.png
hc6EKhG.png

It's an hourglass in a skull. The pocketwatch I. looks best, but a flat hourglass with blood dripping in it would suit Codex.

I've tested a few designs with blood. I'll keep trying. Both bases of the hourglass take some of the 22 px so I'm stuck with barely any space for the hourglass itself and the blood inside. I haven't given up on it though.

Self-Ejected

Zizka

Self-Ejected
I can't even tell what this is.
Well, by your own account in the new website test thread, you’re blind in one eye and have a cataract in the other, so I’m putting this out there as hypothesis but the issue might be standing in front of your computer screen.

I have no mouth and I must scream?
I have no eyes and I must see.

(I admit it’s not my best set though).

Skinwalker

*teleports within you*
Patron
Well, by your own account in the new website test thread, you’re blind in one eye and have a cataract in the other, so I’m putting this out there as hypothesis but the issue might be standing in front of your computer screen.
The issue is that almost everything you've put out was hideous, unusable, and probably grounds for a restraining order.

Semiurge

Cipher
The issue is that almost everything you've put out was hideous, unusable, and probably grounds for a restraining order.

They're not hideous, in fact they show he's practiced in pixel art. The problem is that they are stylistically too different from the trolls and other buttons that we associate with codex. They're too fancy for this place and thus lack the codex spirit.

Morenatsu.

Liturgist

They're not hideous, in fact they show he's practiced in pixel art. The problem is that they are stylistically too different from the trolls and other buttons that we associate with codex. They're too fancy for this place and thus lack the codex spirit.
They're shit.

Self-Ejected

Zizka

Self-Ejected
I don’t read Maximus as he’s part of ignore list but I do read Semiurge and can only assume from context that Maximus is trying for a take down based on quality.

Now, let me take you down memory lane:

This laughing button
rating_lulz.gif
is total shit, and :lol: is even worse. I very much welcome Zizek's efforts to rapeplace it with a codexian troll, and hope he continues to improve the animation until it feels right. Btw, the monocle troll is already very good (but perhaps the monocle itself should be of a different color, to more easily differentiate it?)

Most of the other buttons I would leave alone, they're fine as they are. Maybe the crying one should be redrawn as well, but it's not as atrocious as the default laughing ones.

Is Maximus a reliable narrator?

When he posted the message quoted above, he had already seen a small sample of what I had done. If he thought that what I did was hideous, why would he hope and welcome new designs?

Here’s what happened (this can be verified by browsing his message history in this thread):

1. Maximus wants the LOL button changed but not the other ones. He is supportive and encouraging. He says he wants the other buttons left alone (quoted in yellow).

2. He tells me once he doesn’t want me to provide different designs for the other ones.

3. He repeats the same requests two more times. I tell him I disagree and will design whatever I feel like designing.

4. Frustrated, he starts rating everything as “shit” (he does the same thing in the abortion debate, anything which matches his beliefs is a bro fist and everything he disagrees with is rated as “shit”, look it up).

5. Seeing as that doesn’t work, he starts pretending that the issue is a quality one… (see #1 for I inherent don’t contradiction).

In short, if I had only remade the LOL button a thousand times, I would’ve been lauded by him as the greatest pixel artist of all time. No doubt he’ll somehow try to backpedal or rationalise this but I think the facts speak for themselves.

Skinwalker

*teleports within you*
Patron
Is Maximus a reliable narrator?
Yes, I gave you a benefit of the doubt at first, but after seeing each new batch of monstrous hideousness get worse rather than better, and also involve numerous buttons that are in no need of replacement, I concluded that you're a butthurt hack.

Self-Ejected

Zizka

Self-Ejected
It took a while tweaking around the blood hourglass but I think the animation is decent now:
ltuMREV.gif

Previous attempts at animation:
rzkNnDx.gif
dgMAqqu.gif
Various attempts at the Give me the Money want (I mean it's technically dollars but oh well):

A.
WEMy20Z.gif

(it's not 22 px high but I can modify it, it's more about showing the design)

B. Rupees (Zelda)
qfLdOL2.png
cz6hM6q.png
TKCWO6W.png

C. Money Bag and cash:
PLuL4PP.png

D. Cash:
pO66jpV.png

E. Cash 2:
H0eoD6J.png

Faarbaute

Arbiter

This is your best work so far which is funny because it completely fails its intended purpose. It conveys something entirely different then the current Hoo, but it conveys it well.

Perhaps if you worked within the limits in a similar fashion, your future attempts may be similarly fruitful, in addition to also conveying the right message.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom