Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter We need more buttons

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Remove the donut button or at least make the damn thing smaller with a shorter text. Jesus wept. Who is the moron who made it and thought it's funny?

This looks like a typical DU thing. Sometimes I wonder if the Australian humor is even more "funny" than the British one.

Camel

Scholar
This looks like a typical DU thing. Sometimes I wonder if the Australian humor is even more "funny" than the British one.
Congrats with messing up his site and making it unreadable eyesore for everyone, I guess.
It just needs a bit more text, so that it covers 3 rows, not just 2.
25091.jpg

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
o0QqgDJ.jpg

░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░█░░█
░░░░░░░░░░░█░░█
░░░░░░░░░░█░░░█
░░░░░░░░░█░░░░█
███████▄▄█░░░░░██████▄
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░ Valve, ░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░Add This░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░Please!░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█████░░░░░░░░░█
██████▀░░░░▀▀██████▀

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Code:
  /* curb the worst excesses of the ratings */
  ul.dark_postrating_inputlist[style*="opacity: 0;"] {
    visibility: hidden;
  }

/* remove post rating descriptions being shown inline when <5 different ratings are applied */
  /* this change fucks with the layout pretty badly for some reason, but it's the only way to hide the content */
  ul.dark_postrating_outputlist > li {
    font-size: 0px;   
  }

/* using flex for the container groups the image with its count again */
  ul.dark_postrating_outputlist {
    display: flex;
  }

/* this float fixes the layout of the images */
  ul.dark_postrating_outputlist > li > img {
    float: left;
  }

/* since we're hiding the content of the list, and this includes the rating name and the x, we generate a CSS x before it */
  ul.dark_postrating_outputlist > li > strong::before {
    font-size: 11px;
    content: " x ";
    font-style: normal;
  }

/* return normal styling for the counter, which is only doable because that got put inside a <strong> tag */
  ul.dark_postrating_outputlist > li > strong {
    margin-left: 2px;
  }

/* return normal styling for the list button */
  ul.dark_postrating_outputlist > li:last-child {
    display: inline;
  }

I'll share this again, my CSS tweaks for ratings.
The first just makes it way faster, the rest makes it always look like it does when there's 5 or more unique ratings applied.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I'll share this again, my CSS tweaks for ratings.
The first just makes it way faster, the rest makes it always look like it does when there's 5 or more unique ratings applied.

That's cool. I just realized you can also:

CSS:
    .dark_postrating_outputlist > li > img[src="styles/dark/ratings/RetardedDancingDonut.gif"],
    .dark_postrating_inputlist  > li > a.Tooltip > img[src="styles/dark/ratings/RetardedDancingDonut.gif"] {
        width: 30px; height: 23.57px;
    }

Unwanted

†††

Patron
Guys, this donut thingy is not funny - can we at least shorten the text, it just fucks up the page whenever it appears.

Straight of a politician's rulebook. Create horrible new button, then horrible new text and people will beg to remove only the text while resigning themselves to the existence of the button. Fuck that, remove everything and DU as well, he stopped caring about the site long ago. Stop donating and stop rewarding the recent dumbfuckery. Between random bans, upcoming disaster of a redesign and now this, they're begging for it. And then they'll have the gall to cry about lack of funds. You deserve it guys.

Reever

Scholar
Patron
I honestly think it should be bigger for our codexer friends who's eyesight ain't what it used to be and have to zoom in to 120% to properly see the hole in it's full glory.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom