Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter We need more buttons

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I think the ignore button is for cucks in general and should be removed.
yeah, real men cry for pages on end instead.

Lol, it's a moderator with an ignore list lecturing others about masculinity.

upload_2022-6-9_17-11-0.gif

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
At least you're laughing now.

Still, again:

Well, if you hate pixel art in general, why do you insist on reading my messages?

I don't mind you, I think you're generally ok. If you get upset over reading my contributions, why not simply ignore me?

P.S.: You forgot to rate my last message ''STOP posting''.
I don't care so much about your so called contributions as I do about your attitude and how you talk to other people on this forum. Like I said, I didn't mind your posts that much until they started getting really arrogant. I know in some of these cases you're being a dick to someone who was a dick to you first, but your style of banter is extremely obnoxious even for someone who isn't the target of it and you come off as a huge narcissist.

I don't put people on ignore because even the biggest retard might have a decent post once in a while and I think the ignore button is for cucks in general and should be removed.

Self-Ejected

Zizka

Self-Ejected
Takes up far too much space to say far too little.
Well, that’s fair but I’ve been tasked with making Fallout related with « citation needed ». What would you do? Because I don’t have any ideas.

Self-Ejected

Zizka

Self-Ejected
Yes, it could work. since you guys seem to have ideas: I was requested to make Fallout themed variations of the following:

Green: done
Yellow: in progress

Brofist
Yes / thumbs up / agree
No / thumbs down / disagree

Thanks
Citation Needed
Informative / Interesting / Makes you think
Cool Story Bro
WTF am I reading
Facepalm / Retarded

So if you have ideas for those, let me know. Providing Vault Boy references of what you mean would help as well. I’m sure some of you are more aware of what Vault Boy can represent throughout all games and various perks.

Peachcurl

Cipher
Yes, it could work. since you guys seem to have ideas: I was requested to make Fallout themed variations of the following:

Green: done
Yellow: in progress

Brofist
Yes / thumbs up / agree
No / thumbs down / disagree

Thanks
Citation Needed
Cool Story Bro
WTF am I reading
Facepalm / Retarded

So if you have ideas for those, let me know. Providing Vault Boy references of what you mean would help as well. I’m sure some of you are more aware of what Vault Boy can represent throughout all games and various perks.
Facepalm:
11543-0-1459487646.png
Retadred:
images.jpg

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Each of these are very similar, but just a few degrees different. And I think the original buttons for each of them weren't quite on-point with the buttons use and meaning.

Makes you Think is easy, just give him a big, pink brain. That or a cartoonishly oversized forehead.
Ref01.png
or
Retention.png
I know the emoji is popular, but I'm all for Fallout-ifying all of them. For animations, make the brain throb, have a vein pulsate, or maybe just animate electric sparks around it.

For Interesting, have him read a book. But for Informative, have him read a newspaper.
441-4416580-the-vault-fallout-wiki-fallout-intelligence-perks.jpg
download.gif
144-1442688-new-vegas-vault-boy-coloring-page-printable-fallout.jpg
vaultboy.gif
w-Th4-HQTm-400x400.jpg
To better distinguish the similar yet different uses of Interesting and Informative, some subtle distinctions need to be made. For Interesting, vault boy should be largely covered by the book with only part of his head and side visible, with a more involved or enraptured expression. For Informative, keep his torso more visible and keep his regular/neutral expression.

Self-Ejected

Zizka

Self-Ejected
You’ll need to discuss that with the staff, I’m just providing the art. It originated from a suggestion by rusty which was then approved by DU.

Ghulgothas Peachcurl Great references. My understanding (and I might be misunderstanding) is that elements separated by / would be merged as one button to reduce clutter. For instance “yes” and “agree” would be one button since their meaning is nearly identical.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Yeah, I just discovered this. I heard legends of poor codexers who only had 1 button, and I pitied them. Then came the day it happened to me... or so I thought. I was afraid to click that Brofist button with the regular buttons nested inside for fear that I'd give someone an underseved Brofist.

Peachcurl

Cipher
The bottom-right brofist definitely needs to be replaced with something, to better reflect the new nesting of buttons within.
But: consider that whatever button is placed there, it will be the fastest to use. Which is kinda nice for brofist. Although, I'm sure funny would also work, I suspect it is by far the most frequently used one?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom