Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter We need more buttons

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
This one just occurred to me, but I think would be useful.

652.jpg

Something like that.

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
SINCE NOBODY ASKED, PLEASE FIND BELOW THE 2022 COMPLETE REVIEW OF BUTTONS.

THE 2022 COMPLETE REVIEW OF BUTTONS :
And when I say complete, I sure mean superficial. But my time, will and public subventions did not allow me for more. With all sociology papers, the author tries to prove a point by talking a lot, putting his prey to sleep before drawing the conclusion he wants. Here I'll be honest with you dear reader and go straight to the point : there are too many negative ratings.
Also I know there are more buttons than the set I've used, but as said before my resources and political connections are limited and I don't have access to all of them, so deal with it.

PROOOF :

Fully positive buttons, used to agree, thank or compliment the post or the poster talent, appeal or fresh breath :

buttons yeah.png

I count 23 of them.

Fully negative buttons, that could be easily weaponized for ad hominem attacks. Not saying anyone does. But could be. Anyway :

buttons nay.png

I count 20 of them.

Well now we're coming to the exciting part : realizing I was wrong.
SO MY CONCLUSION IS NOW THAT THIS POST MAY BE USELESS, BUT SINCE I WASTED SOME SOLID TIME COLORING THAT SHIT THERE IS NO REASON I CAN'T WASTE YOURS.
CHEERS.

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
I use the "creative" and "fabulous optimistic" buttons most often than not as negative. "Sheeple", "Acknowledge this User's agenda" and "WTF am I reading" as well, among others. It depends on the context, it can be attributed to the poster or the content of the post.
Agreed, but in the same way "slam dunk", "salute" or "balanced" can be used positively. "Facepalm" is also often used to describe content so maybe it was unfair to count it as negative, oh well. I was under the impression there were too many ways to be unpleasant to each other, turns out it is not the case.

It proves that the codex is a place of love and acceptance.
Well we're doing quite well on acceptance, as for love... It's not that bad when you look away from the heavy background noise from the usual "I want attention" crowd.

Caim

Arcane
SINCE NOBODY ASKED, PLEASE FIND BELOW THE 2022 COMPLETE REVIEW OF BUTTONS.

THE 2022 COMPLETE REVIEW OF BUTTONS :
And when I say complete, I sure mean superficial. But my time, will and public subventions did not allow me for more. With all sociology papers, the author tries to prove a point by talking a lot, putting his prey to sleep before drawing the conclusion he wants. Here I'll be honest with you dear reader and go straight to the point : there are too many negative ratings.
Also I know there are more buttons than the set I've used, but as said before my resources and political connections are limited and I don't have access to all of them, so deal with it.

PROOOF :

Fully positive buttons, used to agree, thank or compliment the post or the poster talent, appeal or fresh breath :

View attachment 26910
I count 23 of them.

Fully negative buttons, that could be easily weaponized for ad hominem attacks. Not saying anyone does. But could be. Anyway :

View attachment 26911
I count 20 of them.

Well now we're coming to the exciting part : realizing I was wrong.
SO MY CONCLUSION IS NOW THAT THIS POST MAY BE USELESS, BUT SINCE I WASTED SOME SOLID TIME COLORING THAT SHIT THERE IS NO REASON I CAN'T WASTE YOURS.
CHEERS.
There's a bigger problem, these are the F2P buttons with the P2W ones crossed out:

8kd0a4r.png

Fix that first, then we'll talk about ratios.

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
ADDENDUM TO THE 2022 COMPLETE REVIEW OF BUTTONS.

It has come to my attention that some of my esteemed colleagues had disagreements with my perfect methodology. I would have usually dismissed them based on the fact that I'm always right, however the conclusion I drew in the 2022 COMPLETE REVIEW OF BUTTONS above shows that I am not. Talk about self-sabotage. This is why I decided to amend the review, taking into account their august opinions.

ADDENDUM 1

As per HeroMarine remark, "slam dunk" has been added to the positive ratings, while to maintain balance "sheeple" has been added to the negative ones. My apologies to our ovine userbase.

ADDENDUM 2

As per Caim remark, rating count has been split between F2P and P2W.

AMENDED RESULTS OF THE 2022 COMPLETE REVIEW OF BUTTONS

Positive F2P buttons : 13 (if I may allow myself to disagree with my esteemed colleague count)
Negative F2P buttons : 10

Added P2W positivity : 11
Added P2W negativity : 11

The conclusion is therefore straightforward : the F2P playerbase has more possibilities to express its gratitude in belonging to our great community of enlighten spirits than to be a sarcastic little shit toward the other retards. HOWEVER, when paying for the DLC, an equal quantity in both positivity and negativity is added to its rating pool, dramatically changing the positivity on negativity ratio from 1.3 to 1.1, a serious drop of almost 13%, that becomes 15% when I disregard some fractional part and 27% when I put the number I want in hope nobody else double-checks. It is indeed outrageous. Is that a true reward for those who spend their hard-earned money to keep the boat afloat ? If this how the pillars of a community should be thanked ?

IN CONCLUSION we need more positive ratings for paying users.

Peachcurl

Cipher
Here's your turtle button in glorious pixel art. Only need to scale it down.

████████████████
█████
███████████
████
███████████
███
██████████
███
████████████
███████████████
███
█████████████
███
█████████████
████████████████

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron

View attachment 26910
I count 23 of them.
artistic.png
is the inferior version of the creative button, used to indicate something that attempts to be artistic but fails, with connotations more negative than positive.
quality_shit.png
is literally a combination of a negative rating with a positive rating.
slurp.png
similarly is mixed at best.

"Slam dunk" and "salute" are clearly positive. "Balanced" is by definition neutral.
slamdunk.png
has an association with Feargus Urquhart insisting an Obsidian game will be a "slam dunk" and can therefore be used to indicate shilling, though as with most buttons it contains multiple possible meanings, and it could simply be used to indicate a sports post.

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
slamdunk.png
has an association with Feargus Urquhart insisting an Obsidian game will be a "slam dunk" and can therefore be used to indicate shilling, though as with most buttons it contains multiple possible meanings, and it could simply be used to indicate a sports post.
I thought slam dunk was supposed to signify someone drove their point across and humiliated some other user or similar.
:updatedmytxt:

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
slamdunk.png
I thought slam dunk was supposed to signify someone drove their point across and humiliated some other user or similar.
I use it more like a stronger version of yes or agree

Caim

Arcane
slamdunk.png
The truth is hidden among the smilies.

:slamdunk:

Modron

Arcane
To me slam dunk is when something is designed and expected to be a success, funnier of course when it doesn't turn out so. That said I mostly use it for rating SlamDunk.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom