Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Weird West: Definitive Edition - top-down immersive sim action-RPG from Arkane founder Raf Colantonio

Ivan

Arcane
I'm more excited about after having played Seven: Days Long Gone. A more systemic driven title...fabulously optimistic

kangaxx

Arbiter
What's so bad about it being in UE4?
Shit performance on AMD devices and shit graphical quality (at least on AMD devices). Like, it looks and runs worse than even Unity, not to mention CryEngine.

It's a top down game... is it really going to be that technically demanding? I don't buy "graphics are worse in UE" given that it usually boils down to the art style and assets the studio makes themselves (outside of any game engine).

The modding thing is more annoying and I didn't know that was an issue with Unreal.

V_K

Arcane
I don't buy "graphics are worse in UE" given that it usually boils down to the art style and assets the studio makes themselves (outside of any game engine).
I dunno why but in every UE game I've played textures looked soapy as fuck, even on high settings. I remember reading somewhere that UE's anti-aliasing boils down to blurring everything to shit than applying sharpening filers. That would explained a lot, if true.

Is it just me or there is framedrops in the middle?
think it may be on purpose, like 'slow down tactical mode or something' --it appears to exactly match temporally with one of the skill buttons that lights up on the character HUD, and then goes away when the button is no longer lit, making me think it may be some skill...not sure though..

Spacer's Nugget

Learned
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
sMOsgCA.png

Oh, that? I was just playing around with my GLOO cannon...

Last edited by a moderator:

V_K

Arcane
I don't think TB gameplay was ever on the table when the game is billed as an immersive sim.
I think it has a lot more to do with it being developed by Colantonio, who IIRC has never made a TB game, than with immersive sims.
On an unrelated note, I'd love a TB immersive sim.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom