Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Well, it took me a decade, but I finally beat Dragon Age: Origins

Technomancer

Liturgist
Yep, but then you're not playing them as a traditional Warrior are you?
No point in playing traditional warrior. Install some bugfixes with removed broken speed stack and you can achieve insane levels of bullshit. Find some maces/axes all strength, dual wield + double striking and all the speed. Haste + Salve + Momentum + Blood Potion. In Awakening you can add 6 runes of speed and spirit warrior for extra attack speed buff. After that, you pretty much evolve into your final form - the lawnmower.
A dual wield warrior is, well, basically just a warrior who can't tank
You don't tank, everything dies.

Hassar

Scholar
You don't tank, everything dies.

This statement is more true to the Warrior archetype than the over-used and under-thought “tank” role. My least favorite part of most modern RPGs is taking a behavior or strategy and elevating it to a static “role.”

Silly Germans

I found normal Warriors actually pretty well implemented. Compare it to BG1/2 where they can do nothing but whack away.
Bioware also managed to find a pretty good level of required micromanagement in DA:O. BG1 for example is a touch to simplistic
while Pillars of Eternity ends up feeling like work due to all the active abilities on all classes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom