Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Werewolf CRPG(s)?

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by DefJam101, Aug 19, 2008.

1. DefJam101 Arcane

DefJam101
    Are there any werewolf-related CRPGs?

Not interested in pen & paper stuff at the moment, and so far my searching is turning up jack shit besides a Morrowind expansion and some shitty browser game.

^ Top  
  2. Andyman Messiah Mr. Ed-ucated

Andyman Messiah
    I suppose you're talking about rpgs were you can play as a werewolf. I dunno. I think pirates are cooler. Any rpgs were you play a pirate in search for booty?

Werewolf-related games, however, include just at the top of my head: NWN2 and Bloodlines, both in which you fight and hopefully kill werewolves.

^ Top  
  3. HiddenX The Elder Spy Patron

HiddenX
    Divinity: Original Sin Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    ^ Top  
  4. Brother None inXile Entertainment Developer

Brother None
    Loup-Garou

No man, I think Bloodmoon is it. Hell, from the top of my head is Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness, and I don't think that was officially a werewolf in there, nor is it an RPG

^ Top  
  5. Crichton Prophet

Crichton
    Those Shining Force games have like one werewolf character, as does Secret of Mana 2. All can be played on emulators.

^ Top  
  6. FrancoTAU Cipher

FrancoTAU
    There is a werewolf in Shining Force 1, but it's mostly a strategic combat game like Ogre Battle/FFT. You don't actually roleplay a werewolf at all.

^ Top  
  7. Shannow Waster of Time

Shannow
    Baldur's Gate 2 plus add-on. You can play werewolf-druids.

But you're right, I like a real werewolf game too.

^ Top  
  8. WholesaleGenocide Liturgist

WholesaleGenocide
    I bet you guys like werewolves because you read Twilight. amirite?

^ Top  
  9. Andyman Messiah Mr. Ed-ucated

Andyman Messiah
    I bet you guys like werewolves because there aren't any cool pirate rpgs.

^ Top  
  10. WholesaleGenocide Liturgist

WholesaleGenocide
    There are no pirates in Twilight. Get with the times. Pirates are way not romantic enough, unlike vampires and werewolves.

^ Top  
  11. sportforredneck Cipher

sportforredneck
    My sister is making me read that piece of trash. Even though when I started reading it, it was because I was attracted to her and was hoping it would get me somewhere. Now that she's my sister, it's just a hassle to read. Complete retardation, I swear. Why would any female expect a male to like a book a chick literature. I'd rather get my brains blown out than read all 4 books or so...

^ Top  
  12. Jasede Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron Sad Loser

Jasede
    You were attracted to your sisters? Didn't you grow up together? When brother and sister grow up together they develop a natural sexual antiphathy.

There's werewolves in Veil of Darkness; but that's an action-adventure. Which is the closest genre to RPG, maybe.

Why werewolves anyway? Furry.

^ Top  
  13. WholesaleGenocide Liturgist

WholesaleGenocide
    Sounds like their relation was a result of marriage or something.

My girlfriend has read Twilight multiple times, I think she probably touches herself to the very idea of a girl FALLING IN LOVE WITH A LONELY DARK VAMPIRE POET AND A WEREWOLF (caps warranted). I don't think she's alone.

^ Top  
  14. sportforredneck Cipher

sportforredneck
    She's not my blood sister. She was actually my friend for some time, and I was attracted to her. But later I figured out after being rejected 10,000 times, that we actually act like brother and sister. So we decided to become brother and sister, since she is an only child, and my real sister is a rotten whore.

Exactly, if you want similar themes, just read The Hulk. He's not a furry.

Oh my God yes. My sister is obsessed with FALLING IN LOVE WITH A DARK VAMPIRE POET. She hates the werewolf (who happens to share the same first name as me...). But she just gushes about that fictional vampire all the time. She's never dated anyone, so of course she's still in that belief of "oh the most wonderful guy, tra la la la la." Which is cute in it's own way, but I worry for her.

^ Top  
  15. WholesaleGenocide Liturgist

WholesaleGenocide
    She's going to date an emo instead, that's as close as you can get to a vampire.

^ Top  
  16. sportforredneck Cipher

sportforredneck
    I know, but I've told her that I will have to meet any guy she wants to date. And most likely I'll kick his ass and try to keep him away.

^ Top  
  17. St. Toxic Arcane

St. Toxic
    Or, you could get a bat to bite you in the throat, and become the Dark Prince. Also, pix plz.

^ Top  
  18. Binary Liturgist

Binary
    Didn't Daggerfall involve a potential transformation to werewolf form?

And then there's Diablo 2. Join the Codex nights! :lol:

^ Top  
  19. Kz3r0 Arcane Sad Loser

Kz3r0
    My exact line, the best game werewolf related I can think is Altered Beast by SEGA, and it isn't a RPG for sure.

Give her the biography of Vlad Tepes, the hystorical figure upon which Dracula is based, choose one the most graphical it's possible, so she will see how the real deal is.

^ Top  
  20. DraQ Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

DraQ
    Yes.

Morrowind with Bloodmoon and Daggerfall.

^ Top  
  21. sportforredneck Cipher

sportforredneck
    Sorry, I'm not emo, so any pix would fail for you. Although I could come my hair to get the emo look, I prefer my hair being parted to the left.

^ Top  
  22. Lord Rocket Erudite

Lord Rocket
    ^ Top  
  23. St. Toxic Arcane

St. Toxic
    Lycanthropy is overrated, and doesn't really deserve a whole game built upon the concept; we're talking at best a bonus transformation in some platformer or other, maybe. Clinical lycanthropy or zoanthropy could be pretty dope for a disillusioning crpg, however, if borrowing a bit of the feel from Sanitarium -- make the player unsure of what is real and what isn't.

One could market the game as the ultimate tool for reversing furries, or something. Just think of all the desperate parents who would throw money at you, in hopes of curing their demonically posessed kiddies. Maybe I should e-mail Beth about it, I heard they like dirty money.

That's why you should let a bat bite you. Some ancient cults believe it carries the emo curse in its' fangs, and we all trust in the wisdom of ancient cults don't we? The transformation from normal to emo should be swift, from what I've read, and you'll notice the emotional and visual differences immediately. And then pix.

^ Top  
  24. J1M Arcane

J1M
    White wolf has enough lore that you can definately build a whole game on lycanthropes. Now, as far as I know there is nothing as compelling as Cain and the origin myth in Vampire: The Masquerade, but there's enough there for gaia fags.

^ Top  
  25. Solohk Scholar

Solohk
    I remember being so excited to become a werewolf when I installed Bloodmoon. Then I finally became one and was far weaker in that form than in human form. :x

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.