Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Werewolf: The Apocalypse – Earthblood - action-RPG adaptation from Cyanide

Ogg

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
https://werewolf-videogame.com

https://af.gog.com/game/werewolf_the_apocalypse_earthblood?as=1649904300
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/werewolf-the-apocalypse-earthblood/home

Not sure if I should be excited or worried, but Cyanide will develop the next WoD PC game. Of course, it won't be a Vampire game. Paradox needs to test the water. But WereWolf seems to be quite the good choice for I think it's the second most well known franchise of the WoD universe.

Last edited by a moderator:

Morkar Left

Werewolf is more interesting for me and Cyanide seems to be cabable on a technical level. Let's hope they do some good quests and don't make the game too linear.

Jarmaro

Liturgist
Will it be RPG? Anyway, that would compete with Vampyr.
But imagine it! Games about werewolfes like Vampires:The Masquarade, many clans to choose and present graphics!

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If you didn't copy-paste it, you haven't posted it:

White Wolf partners with Focus Home Interactive for a video game adaptation of the World of Darkness Storyteller game, Werewolf: The Apocalypse.

White Wolf is pleased to announce its partnership with Paris-based video game publisher Focus Home Interactive for a licensed PC and console game set in the World of Darkness.

The partnership between Focus Home Interactive and White Wolf Publishing concerns the adaptation of a video game based on the acclaimed Werewolf: The Apocalypse. The game will be developed by the game development studio Cyanide (Styx: Master of Shadows, Blood Bowl, Call of Cthulhu…). In the game you will become a Garou, a rage-fuelled Werewolf warrior opposed to urban civilization and the destruction it brings. The Garou are born to fight the corruption of The Wyrm, a powerful supernatural force leading us towards an inevitable Apocalypse.

“The world is dying. When will you Rage? The core question of Werewolf: The Apocalypse is more relevant today than ever before and the cooperation with Focus and Cyanide will finally give gamers the opportunity to revel in the raw power and primal spirituality of the Garou. What is the price of saving the world with fang and claw? Find out for yourself as we explore the darkest corners of a dying planet.”, says Martin Ericsson, Lead Story Teller of White Wolf.

“We are pleased to partner with White Wolf to bring Werewolf: The Apocalypse to life in a video game for consoles and PC. We are excited to work on the World of Darkness universe, as this is formidable playground to tell the players a great story. We are also happy to partner with Cyanide Studio in this adventure – they are behind the original wish to adapt this universe, and we are faithful in their ability to create a game that will please both fans of World of Darkness and newcomers”, says Cédric Lagarrigue, President of Focus Home Interactive

“The World of Darkness universe has always attracted creatives with a strong passion for telling dark and immersive stories. So to work closely with the great talent at Focus Home and Cyanide exploring the Werewolves of this universe is an absolutely fantastic experience for us at White Wolf and we are more than excited to see this great IP realised in a video game”, says Tobias Sjögren, CEO of White Wolf.

More information about this adaptation will come at this year’s Focus Home Interactive event, “le What’s Next de Focus”, taking place in Paris on February 1st and 2nd.

Sounds popamole.

Aenra

Werewolves fighting wyrms! Rage-fuelled werewolves that oppose destruction(??)! Made in 2017! PC and console game!

uh huh

Jarmaro

Liturgist
In the game you will become a Garou, a rage-fuelled Werewolf warrior opposed to urban civilization and the destruction it brings. The Garou are born to fight the corruption of The Wyrm, a powerful supernatural force leading us towards an inevitable Apocalypse.

the cooperation with Focus and Cyanide will finally give gamers the opportunity to revel in the raw power and primal spirituality of the Garou

White Wolf to bring Werewolf: The Apocalypse to life in a video game for consoles and PC

we are faithful in their ability to create a game that will please both fans of World of Darkness and newcomers

Jesus christ, forget what I said. This gonna be shit.

There's some hope to be had. Although Cyanide aren't known for their roleplaying games (looking forward to Call of Cthulhu), they did a good job with the Chaos League and Bloodbowl games, so as long as they don't sell Get of Fenris as DLC, I'm sold.

Ogg

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Of course it's gonna be popamole: it's by Cyanide!

More seriously, Cyanide has done RPG (GoT, of Orcs and Men) and non RPG (Pro cycling Manager). They've done good (Blood Bowl II) and less good (Confrontation). Popamole (Styx) and TRUE BRO (Blood Bowl). What I know of them is that they're rel nerds and I'm quite sure they're passionate. But are they competent? As Morgoth says, cautiously optimistic.

Not expecting anything but a shitty action game advertisement.
Even VtM:B was a miracle. Making a decent cRPG out of Werewolf (nuWoD's Forsaken to boot)? I have no faith in any dev being that competent or the producers taking a chance to try it.

Not expecting anything but a shitty action game advertisement.
Even VtM:B was a miracle. Making a decent cRPG out of Werewolf (nuWoD's Forsaken to boot)? I have no faith in any dev being that competent or the producers taking a chance to try it.

Relax, man. If the title of the game is anything to go by, it should be oWoD. There's a reason all those WoD 20 anniversary games got made.

jungl

Augur
So basically the game will be like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWQa1ig_4rQ

WoD Werewolves have same power level as wolverine in human form without the admantine claws. Player being part of a native american wereworlf tribe going up against evil corps, vamps, internal infighting, and other groups potentially sounds like a awesome game.

Epsilon

Cipher
I liked Blood Bowl, but I didn't like GoT. Not expecting anything from this.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
I hope the give it a modern rework.

D2yvCYP.jpg

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Time to get our furry on.

Good to hear they found someone interested and honestly, Cyanide ain't that bad even if they do have a lot of obvious "we did to keep the lights on" deals under their belt.

Deleted member 7219

The Game of Thrones RPG was horrible... but I remain cautiously optimistic.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom