Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Cyanide Studio; Nacon; Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood

Today is the release day of Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood, the Werewolf: The Apocalypse action-RPG from Cyanide originally announced way back at the beginning of 2017. In the end, Earthblood seems to have turned out exactly the way you might have expected. An Epic-exclusive low budget Eurojank action-RPG, what's not to like? Here's the game's rockin' launch trailer:

Earthblood's reviews (of which there are a surprisingly large number) are quite negative, although there are a few reviewers that liked it a bit more. Here are the game's reviews on PC:

COGconnected 80/100
Game Over Online 60/100
GameCrate 5.5/10
Gamers Heroes 70/100
GamesBeat 3/5
GameSpace 7/10
GameWatcher 6.5/10
GamingTrend 45/100
Hardcore Gamer 2/5
IGN 4/10
KeenGamer 5/10
MMORPG.com 6.5/10
PC Gamer 79/100
PC Invasion 4/10
PCGamesN 4/10
TheGamer 2/5
Wccftech 6.3/10
Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood is available on the Epic Games Store for $40. Maybe we'll get to hear more about Vampire: The Masquerade - Swansong now?

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Why is this on the front page?
I mean, come on, this is a late 2000s action romp ala Prototype. Might be an okay game - especially if mainstream media doesn't like it - but is as far away from RPG as you can possibly get.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I mean, come on, this is a late 2000s action romp ala Prototype. Might be an okay game - especially if mainstream media doesn't like it - but is as far away from RPG as you can possibly get.
Because a certain person is a paid shill.
Then he'd be a terrible shill, because there are tons of non-RPG-but-maybe-has-RPG-tag-on-Steam games that are not on the front page.
Seems more random than anything what does or doesn't make it to the front page.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
How dare you compare this to Prototype? Can you run up on walls, pick up tanks and throw them in this game? I thought so.

If you want to see how shit it is:

The part about the stealth mechanics is hilarious.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
How dare you compare this to Prototype? Can you run up on walls, pick up tanks and throw them in this game? I thought so.

If you want to see how shit it is:

The part about the stealth mechanics is hilarious.

Oh, no no, don't get me wrong.
It is trashy, but I saw it for a few hours on a stream yesterday and I think it is very much the enjoyable kind of trash.
The awful cliché writing, the mid-2000s gameplay, the voice acting itself - it's like a proper throwback.

But it's also way overpriced. I'll certainly wait for a) Steam release and b) sale.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
I am not against putting garbage like this on the front page, after all it has a certain entertainment factor. As long as the good games get covered aswell.

Speaking of that, Himeko Sutori is a codex made tactical JRPG inspired by 20 year old classics that released a few days ago.
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/himeko-sutori-tactical-jrpg-100-unit-armies.96941/

It is received a lot better by users than this shit, and I swear its low in weebish tricks.

V_K

Arcane
any stats on % of epic exclusives that become hits vs turds?
playtracker_graph_egs_excl-1480x833.png
So, basically, four games - if you're generous with your definition of a hit. No idea how many exclusives there were in total.
The data is from a year ago, but I don't think they had any high-profile exclusives in 2020.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
ToW seriously only sold 154k?

Steamspy estimates are
50,000 .. 360,000 by PlayTracker
200,000 .. 500,000 by SteamSpy
193,140 .. 579,420 based on reviews

Epic Exclusive and Game Pass killed any potential it had as a PC hit, most of the sales were on consoles.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom