Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime WH40k Battle Sisters. Sounds good? Well...

Baron Dupek

Arcane
.... It's VR
Not only an Oculus exclusive, but also an Oculus Quest exclusive

EvyggZc.gif

Last edited:

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yet another WH40k game when you play as Imperium scum. Boring

:imperialscum::imperialscum::imperialscum:

DIE HERETIC!!!

RATED: DEUS IMPERATOR VAULT!

As to game it has two strikes: its exclusive on VR and about bolter bitches the faction in game propped only cause of muh current year Chaos Heresy. Give us Space Marine II or some thief like/survival game with Assasins/Poor IG grunts and all platform instead GW.

Dexter

Arcane
Oh hell, those graphics!
What year is this, 2006?
It's a Quest2 title paid for by Facecock.

They're divesting from PCVR by discontinuing the Rift line of products. I expect Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond and Lone Echo II to be the last big PCVR titles they fund and publish. Since they're divesting they're even allowing MoH to release on Steam without Facecock account requirement possibly followed by former Excl000sive titles:

Upcoming games from them will be about Nintendo Switch-tier (if that) and will look more like the game this thread is about or this:

Although there seem to be some exceptions for more Cinematic titles like Vader: Immortal or this that apparently got a lot more out of the Hardware and Mobile GPU:

Since AssCreed and Splinter Cell for VR were just officially announced as "Oculus Excl000sives" and likely not in the works for long they're also likely to follow suit and resemble this: https://news.ubisoft.com/en-us/arti...s-creed-and-splinter-cell-coming-to-oculus-vr
ubisoft.jpg

A Warhammer game in VR sounds great. I'm just annoyed this one is Quest exclusive and shovelware. I have a Rift S. I enjoy the games on it. It sucks that you can't play a game designed specifically for VR because you're a poor slav.

To be fair, this game looks kind of shit. And I hope this doesn't mean any future Warhammer VR titles are exclusive to Quest. I want a meaty PCVR Warhammer title, Give me a proper FPS or RPG. I can absolutely see the potential in it.

Mortmal

Arcane
A Warhammer game in VR sounds great. I'm just annoyed this one is Quest exclusive and shovelware. I have a Rift S. I enjoy the games on it. It sucks that you can't play a game designed specifically for VR because you're a poor slav.

To be fair, this game looks kind of shit. And I hope this doesn't mean any future Warhammer VR titles are exclusive to Quest. I want a meaty PCVR Warhammer title, Give me a proper FPS or RPG. I can absolutely see the potential in it.
Its exclusive to the oculus store, you will be able to play this on your rift s. I am afraid quest 2 will be the standard for vr , true pc vr get 1% of the quest 1 sales , so it will set a standard, a low poly shovelware one , games you can play in 2 hours sessions thanks to battery life....

Dexter

Arcane
Its exclusive to the oculus store, you will be able to play this on your rift s.
The Mobile Oculus Store is based on ARM. You won't be able to play "Oculus Quest Excl000sives" unless they port them to the PC ecosystem or someone makes an Emulator.

I am afraid quest 2 will be the standard for vr , so it will set a standard, a low poly shovelware one , games you can play in 2 hours sessions thanks to battery life....
That's certainly what Facebook seems to have in mind. If they manage is not only their decision though.

true pc vr get 1% of the quest 1 sales
Now that's just Fake News, even Beat Saber the ultimate Casualshit game sold more on PC/Steam than it did on Mobile so far and I doubt there is another AAA VR-only game that surpasses Half Life: Alyx's Sales numbers.

Dexter

Arcane
This apparently launched on the Rift/Oculus's PC Store today, not that it changes much about what it is:

A horse of course

I played an hour on my Quest 2 a few days back and I have little incentive to go back. It's effectively a "moving shooting gallery" VR fps where you have to shuffle a few steps to spawn each new wave of enemies. The bolter has extremely poor accuracy, even when you awkwardly hold it in both hands, and enemies are pretty much unreactive to being shot until you actually dismember them. I tried out a melta gun, which was too inconvenient to actually swap back and forth from the holster. Near the end of the tutorial level you jump on a fixed turret, which also feels like crap (pumping like 100 shots into chaos space marines who stand there and continue shooting). You also get a power sword, which feels cool to hold as it hums in your grip, but is just the typical weightless foam stick of mediocre VR swordfighting games.

I definitely don't recommend it, especially for the usual insanely inflated VR price. If they add a scene where you're stripped and molested by Daemonettes it would be ok.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
VR is like a forced meme at this point. NOBODY CARES. NOBODY ADOPTED IT. STOP IT.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom