Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Whalenought Studios Interview on Shane Plays

Raapys

Arcane
They should add some controversy to the game.

serch

Magister
I'm going to buy this, obviously. I'm just expecting the Codex to tell me the game is patched enough. I suppose there may be some people who are just waiting for the game to get to a solid state. When it does I'd hope for spme increase in sales.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Papers Please has over a million owners on Steam. I am pretty sure it sold more than 4000 copies long before it went on sale. Comparing the two games is rather silly.
you missed the point. The point was that even a high profile indie game depended on sales to earn real money for the author.
As for numbers, the game is few years old, its base price was 10$, it was one of the first popular pixel art games and it came out before Steam started releasing 15 new games per day.

agris

Arcane
Patron
What are you implying?
You mean their upcoming 80's-inspired Cyberpunk game? The one that's aspiring to have 3D maps/geometry with seamless building entrances and elevation levels that support z-axis traversing for skill and ability use and turn-based combat? The one that draws on Escape from New York and Blade Runner for aesthetics?

Wouldn't know a thing about it.

:smug:

aratuk

Cipher
I'll definitely be supporting future projects. Whalenought are talented at building a coherent atmosphere in their game, which seems not to be something that can be learned (if the lifelong capacity of many other devs to create unconvincing games is any evidence). Mechanics and user interface can be learned and improved to make gameplay more accessible, more marketable as a product. From the patches to Serpent in the Staglands, you can tell they're learning a lot. Looking forward to their next one. </misty-eyed rant>

Last edited:

ROARRR

Savant
Possibly Retarded
I hope they make so much money that they can make a boxed version of their games!
I would be so proud of me having gems like this supported and seeing how it evolves even more to something awesome!
:australia:

ArchAngel

Arcane
I'll definitely be supporting future projects. Whalenought are talented at building a coherent atmosphere in their game, which seems not to be something that can be learned (if the lifelong capacity of many other devs to create unconvincing games is any evidence). Mechanics and user interface can be learned and improved to make gameplay more accessible, more marketable as a product. From the patches to Serpent in the Staglands, you can tell they're learning a lot. Looking forward to their next one. </misty-eyed rant>
:bro:

Fairfax

Arcane
Game deserved better sales, but at least it's enough for them to keep going and create new stuff. 80s cyberpunk sounds pretty good as well.

Great interview, btw, and nice to see my question there!

sstacks

Arcane
Game deserved better sales, but at least it's enough for them to keep going and create new stuff. 80s cyberpunk sounds pretty good as well.

Great interview, btw, and nice to see my question there!

Thanks and you're welcome :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom