Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What are the best CCGs?

Jason Liang

Arcane
Jason Liang

What CCG is still alive these days online? YGO Master Link, MTG, Snap, Shadowverse, Runeterra? Anything else?
I play Master Duel, Snap and Tyrant Unleashed. Urban Rivals still going strong, I played quite a bit a few months ago. Estiah is still up, and of course Mtg Arena is still going, although I uninstalled a couple of years ago. There are also f2p web clients Jinteki and Jingoku for Android Netrunner and FFG L5R respectively, as well as VtES on Lackey.

- Master Duel I generally play 4-5 days a month. Very generous with rewards, the more you play, the more gems you get, usually 2 Festivals each month, just play 2 days for about 2 hours and you get most of the rewards. Very easy to get 7k-10k gems a month, which gets 70-100 packs.

- Snap requires doing daily missions. It takes about 7 months to get all the "free" S1-S3 cards, then you are basically just grinding daily for credits that turn into keys, which are like gacha pulls. You get 4 keys a month, which you use to get 3-4 S4/S5 cards, with a little luck. Game is honestly kind of garbage but you can have about 20-30 minutes of fun every day.

- Tyrant Unleashed is mostly played on the weekends, with weekends alternating between guild events and pvp events each other week. Progression is a little slow but steady, a new player can be fairly competitive after about 2 months.

- Urban Rivals is very fun to collect and play. Game is very generous, you will get over a dozen new cards each day, and with probably over 3000 cards now you will be collecting for years and years.

Jason Liang

Arcane
So Yugioh Master Duel is celebrating its 2nd Anniversary with a lot of great free rewards and special packs for new players. Also there is a referral bonus, so if anyone does install the game and enters my campaign code, we both get a free really awesome Swordsoul Structure deck that is immediately very competitive. Of course I really want that free deck but I'm also genuinely impressed by how much these rewards make getting into the game accessible.

Anyway, the game is downloadable on steam and my code is 3cfc825b. If you do try the game, I can help you get a good start as well!

Jason Liang

Arcane
Somehow, I have all the cards to put together the most absurdly OP deck in Yugioh's history yet~

snake-eyes.png

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom