Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

What are worst areas or quests in games you like

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by deadmeme, Nov 15, 2021.

1. Fedora Master Arcane Patron Edgy

Fedora Master
    What's with the hate for Temple of Trials. You go in, punch a few scorpions, unlock a door and get out.

• retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. perfectslumbers Scholar

perfectslumbers
    Sneaking past the death knights in Divinity Original Sin

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. I'm Big Into Anal Arcane

I'm Big Into Anal
    final boss fight against an attack helicopter in Alpha Protocol

holy jesus what a total tone-change from the preceding enjoyable romp

didnt know wtf to do; got my ass handed to me countless times

i signed up for stealthy spy shenanigans; not call of doody

still havent finished it

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Funposter Magister

Funposter
    Dark Souls: Lost Izalith sucks my fucking arsehole
    Morrowind: The Mournhold Sewers are bad enough to make me never play the expansions
    VTMB: don't make me say it
    Fallout: New Vegas: Come Fly With Me and the associated run-around at Novac
    KOTOR 2: Peragus Mining Facility but really the first 5-10 hours or whatever it is
    Kingdom Come: Deliverance: second forced tutorial after Skalitz

I abused the bug/feature where you could heal from stepping in blood, thereby making you effectively unkillable in melee, so Madora was able to just run around that section while getting slapped to "death" constantly.

^ Top  
  5. Zboj Lamignat Arcane

Zboj Lamignat
    Wiz8 - Mt. Gigas caves are just too long and boring with nothing interesting to show for it. Very often a point at which I'll drop a playthrough. The retro dungeons are also really crap, but highly optional and p. much an easter egg, so whatever.
    Infinity Engine games - any area that's "clear a fog of war from an rts map, maybe fighting 2-3 utterly pointless encounters along the way". BG1 excels at it, obviously, but it ails all of them.
    Fallout2 - SF and Enclave - just rushed, dumb and boring.
    Fallout New Vegas - all dlc content. Doesn't fit the main game, largely boring/slog, makes too long game even longer, you pretty much have to avoid it as to not make an already way too easy game even easier.

• :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Blackshirt Augur

Blackshirt
    That's when you just run past or kite them. Did you die a lot? The number of shadows in that area corresponds to your number of deaths so I guess that would make it a bit hard.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.