Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed What does it mean to be human? Let's reply this question in Wonder Project J

lightbane

Arcane
Here's a picture of that guy: Desty Nova.

Last_Order_New_Ed._vol._7_cover_textless.jpg

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Once everything is loaded it's fine. The problem is if you try reading subsequent posts before the first ones have loaded, every new image that loads shunts everything a few hundred pixels down. And I regularly browse the codex on my phone in the train.

Also, the pudding in that picture you posted reminds me of a cookbook a german friend of mine gave me for christmas last year :?

Natural-Harvest.jpg

lightbane

Arcane
:what::what:
The Codex never ceases to surprise me. It's like staring at the Abbys, you'll always end up looking at something disgusting/disturbing.

lightbane

Arcane
Act 5: I want to be the king of fighters

The title is totally not a reference to that overrated animu fighting game :M . But yes, there will be some fighting. As the routine dictates, let’s start with the intro:

It seems Wyrmie’s testosterone/aggressiveness is too high. We should do something to calm him down, but before doing that, it’s time to check how the farm is doing:

WonderProjectJ000.png

WonderProjectJ001.png

WonderProjectJ003.png

Old Man Fam:”the heavens! Let’s sell the fruits in the Corlo town shop.”

There isn’t any “let’s”, Wyrmie himself has to go to the Shop to receive the money for these fruits. But it’s okay, we’re going there anyways… After we explore another new area that has been recently unlocked:

WonderProjectJ007.png

WonderProjectJ008.png

WonderProjectJ009.png

Sadly there isn’t much to do yet, we lack the means to open that door. Perhaps Number 47 knows something.

WonderProjectJ010.png

WonderProjectJ011.png

Number 46: “Jeanne punched you a good one, eh? Jeanne is really tough for a girl… But, did you know? She’s kinda got a thing for men with intelligence. Also, keep in mind that a Gijin’s actions are strongly affected by his highest parameter.”

Hmm, that means that Aggressiveness shouldn’t be his highest parameter. However, having a maxed out kindness is equally as bad, you’ll see why soon.

WonderProjectJ017.png

WonderProjectJ018.png

Girl A: “Jeanne at the castle is so awesome! She can beat up any man with ease!”

Girl B: “I wish I could get close to her… *sigh*”

Wyrmie: “…is what they said. I wonder what she means by ‘get close’?”

WonderProjectJ023.png

Guy 1: “Hey, did you hear? They’re holding a fighting contest.”
Guy 2: “Eh? Now, all of sudden? Weird…”

WonderProjectJ027.png

Man: “I dropped my expensive Corlo Sword in the well…”
Woman: “My, what a waste!”
Wyrmie: “I wonder what they’re talking about.”

Sword?? What sword??? We totally don’t know anything about it. Sequence break, you say? Nah.

WonderProjectJ031.png

Weird guy: “The door under the Great Tree is completely unopenable from the outside! The door to the coal mine is the same way… I’m the one that made it, so I should know… (grumble grumble)”
Wyrmie: “I wonder what he’s talking about.”

WonderProjectJ036.png

Boy: “Hey, look over there! It’s the sports-king boy!”
Girl: “There’s something fishy about him. You think maybe he’s really a Gijin?”

Wyrmie: “Uh oh!

Enough gossip for today, we have stuff to buy.

WonderProjectJ041.png

WonderProjectJ042.png

WonderProjectJ043.png

Clerk: “We you’re your goods and here’s your share! Have a nice day!”

We receive some money for the fruits, but I also sell stuff we no longer need such as the Turtle God Charm, then proceed to buy some things we may need for this Act.

WonderProjectJ047.png

Clerk: “If you have a Gijin eat that, for the next 3 minutes afterwards, their health simply won’t go down, no matter what.”

Very useful for the fighting contest, I’ll get one as insurance.

WonderProjectJ052.png

Clerk: “Fam’s given his permission, so I can sell them to you. I can have them put in place of the normal ones at the farm. I’ve heard that they can grow into very valuable fruits and vegetables…”

That will get us extra jewgold on future acts. Having done so, Willy stocks up with as many batteries as possible (including Health Batteries, Power Batteries, A-Chargers, B-Chargers and Puddings), then go back to Wyrmie’s home to check the computer for a few more hints.

WonderProjectJ065.png

“meet a Gijin and has closer her heart.”

Not what I’ve expected, but could be useful later, should we want to meet the princess for some reason.

WonderProjectJ069.png

WonderProjectJ070.png

No wonder Wyrmie is being so brash, his Aggression level is the highest stat, but he can be calmed down if he reads the Picture Book.

WonderProjectJ072.png

WonderProjectJ073.png

Wyrmie studies the Picture Book until he no longer tries to behave as a caveman would.

WonderProjectJ077.png

WonderProjectJ078.png

That should be enough for the contest, no?

WonderProjectJ080.png

WonderProjectJ081.png

#46: “me? Wyrmie… you’re a nice boy. But although this might sound harsh, on the battlefield being too nice can work against you… Hehehe, but Wyrmie… To tell the truth I’m happy to hear what happened.”

Guess what, Wyrmie is too much of a pussy good person to murder a fellow Gijin in cold blood defeat his adversary. Time to force Wyrmie to read violent books until his aggressiveness is restored.

90sestcover_4454.jpg

Yeah, something like this works:x

WonderProjectJ087.png

WonderProjectJ088.png

Done. He’s almost ready, he just lacks Confidence, but that can be solved with the Corlo Sword. By the way, a somewhat disturbing but possibly unintentional fact, is that after this Act Wyrmie will no longer have any problems about killing fellow Gijins (or even harm humans!) if the circumstances force him to do so, I suppose that after your first murder victory it’s not a big deal anymore.

WonderProjectJ089.png

WonderProjectJ091.png

Almost done, Wyrmie is feed many Puddings to max out his Confidence, then he's given multiple Batteries until both his Energy and Health are filled.

WonderProjectJ096.png

WonderProjectJ097.png

We’re ready.

That will be all for today, next update will be done this next week. We’re already past the halfway, the endgame is coming closer and closer, gentlemen…

lightbane

Arcane
^That must be one of Geppeto's early inventions and also one of Wyrmie's ancestors/older brothers/forefathers. Rumours say there was some kind of horrible scandal with that model and the Royal Queen, that started the whole Gijin hate :M

lightbane

Arcane
Act 6: I want to join the circus

Let’s start with the introduction:

This Act has two objectives: Make Wyrmie join the Circus, then learn to sing (more about it later). The Act also opens three new areas: The Circus, Mimi’s Bar and the Back Alley. Let’s visit the latter.

WonderProjectJ001.png

WonderProjectJ002.png

For some reason the Police Station is inaccessible. Not that it matters, we’re here for the billboard.

WonderProjectJ003.png

“ *Gijin, human, either is okay ------------------ Mimi’s Café
*Performers wanted! Come and join our group! Must be able to balance on balls, cross tightropes, and sing. ---------------- Pierre’s Great Circus
*Caution! There’s a gang of thieves in the area who are recruiting new members. They give potential members the odd challenge of ‘surprising a policeman using a rubber ball.’ If you spot them, please report it to the police! --------- Corlo Police Station”

These messages provide us with some hints for this Act (plus a small hint for the next one). I wonder what was that about these thieves. Anyways, Wyrmie is told to inspect the trash next to him, sometimes you can find good stuff…

WonderProjectJ013.png

Wyrmie finds a bunch of batteries. Neat. However, here’s yet another dick move courtesy of this game: if you're careless enough to allow Wyrmie to have too much Aggression, don’t try to talk to the cop, otherwise the following scene occurs.

WonderProjectJ018.png

WonderProjectJ019.png

WonderProjectJ021.png

WonderProjectJ022.png

WonderProjectJ023.png

Tinker: “police.”

With “scolding”, she means some sort of intense psychological torture, as Wyrmie’s Confidence and Trust suffer a massive penalty.

WonderProjectJ025.png

I wonder which kind of terrible punishment Wyrmie suffered that he was left with practically no self-esteem. In any case, savestates to the rescue! What about that Cafe we read about? It shouldn't take too much time to give it a quick look...

No good, Wyrmie has to learn to sing to impress these guys. But before doing so, we should go and look for more clues.

WonderProjectJ027.png

Girl A: “Hey, look! It’s him! The boy who beat Jeanne!”
Girl B: “What’s his problem? What a jerk!”
Wyrmie: “I think I should avoid these two…”

WonderProjectJ031.png

Guy 1: “Have you heard of Mimi?”Guy 2: “Yeah, the one who runs the cafe for Gijin?”
Guy 1: “I wonder what she thinks is so great about running a place for their kind.”
Wyrmie: “I’m getting sick of their comments!”

WonderProjectJ037.png

Man: “I sure love the circus… Ball riding, tightrope walking…
Woman: “It’s so fun to watch.”

WonderProjectJ041.png

Weird guy: “Everywhere you look the humans are putting down the Gijin! Despite how much we owe to them… It’s despicable.”
Wyrmie: “……”

WonderProjectJ045.png

Boy: “Did you hear? Gardy lost in the fighting contest!”
Girl: “Ehh? No way!! Who could possibly beat Gardy?”
Boy: “That’s the strange part. I asked the soldiers, but they refused to tell me.”
Girl: “Hehehe… maybe is that boy again?”
Boy: “Hahaha, that’s a good one. I’d almost believe it.”
Wyrmie: “But it really *was* me…”

Now, for something different, have the Circus:

We could go to the shop right now, but I forgot to visit the Farm and spread the new Seeds.

WonderProjectJ053.png

Wyrmie successfully spreads the magic seeds. It’s only a matter of a few (ingame) days to see if these were worth buying.

WonderProjectJ055.png

Clerk: “You’ll need to practice balancing somewhere first in order to be able to ride this.”

Dammit, too expensive...

WonderProjectJ059.png

It can wait though, Wyrmie's Balance sucks and he doesn’t even know how to sing yet. No idea why he suffers from so much Confidence loss, must be a bug (either from Wyrmie or the game). Geppeto’s house is a good place to practice singing for some reason, you have to click on either the table or the desk from the upper floor to "practice".

WonderProjectJ063.png

WonderProjectJ065.png

WonderProjectJ066.png

WonderProjectJ067.png

I could keep increasing his Expression with the practice, but before that I would like to purposely reduce his Sensitivity skills and revisit the Bar, there’s an optional event that can be missed.

WonderProjectJ068.png

WonderProjectJ070.png

But then, the game surprises me with something that never happened on my first playtrough: Wyrmie is too cowardly to “confront” these animals :lol: Good thing I was saving a bunch of Puddings.

WonderProjectJ072.png

That’s better.

WonderProjectJ073.png

He sings… but not good enough to match Mimi.

WonderProjectJ075.png

WonderProjectJ076.png

WonderProjectJ077.png

WonderProjectJ078.png

Mimi: “Wyrmie. I’m giving this to you! If you study this, you can become a great singer! Once you master it, please come see us again!”

What Wyrmie does when he enters the bar depends of his stats (and also your luck), one thing he did on my first playtrough was randomly insulting the audience/ yell at them to stop moping. Obviously, they didn’t like that and told Wyrmie to GTFO. Back to the lp, the Sheet is an unique item that increases a lot Wyrmie’s Sensibility attribute (and its related skills). Very nice to have (plus you can sell it for tons of money if you’re an ungrateful, heartless bastard).

WonderProjectJ092.png

WonderProjectJ095.png

WonderProjectJ097.png

WonderProjectJ098.png

WonderProjectJ099.png

Impressive. His balance stills needs some working, but we can do that after finishing all events with the Bar.

WonderProjectJ100.png

Then, Wyrmie decides to surprise me yet again. I swear I didn’t know he was able to somehow open a door with a song :lol:

Only the Circus remains. But we don’t have enough money. Selling stuff is an option, but I prefer to wait a few days for the Farm’s goods to be fully grown and ready to sell…

WonderProjectJ105.png

WonderProjectJ109.png

WonderProjectJ111.png

Excellent. Willy buys the Ball and sells the Magic Stone, if everything goes as well as it should, it’s possible we won’t need it after all. Besides, you can buy it back whenever you want, unlike other jrpgs, this shop doesn’t have some sort of dimensional black hole in which sold items disappears.

WonderProjectJ112.png

WonderProjectJ113.png

WonderProjectJ114.png

Wyrmie has little trouble to understand the workings of the Circus ball thanks to his massive intellect. Let’s see how he reacts.

WonderProjectJ115.png

Not bad, but Wyrmie, you can do better.

WonderProjectJ117.png

That’s more like it. Wyrmie is given a few Puddings to max-out his Confidence, then ordered to interact with the Ball and the Computer at home to balance his stats. A few days later, his stats have changed:

WonderProjectJ123.png

Wyrmie is now a superhuman, hyper-athletic, ultra-sensible machine. This means he’s ready to finish this Act... After we go back to the Farm to pick up the vegetables and sell these for money. Having done so, Wyrmie steels himself and goes to prove his worth...

Next update will be done tomorrow, if possible. By the way, dear readers, do you like the new look? Should I continue using spoilers to "hide" the update, or ignore these entirely?

lightbane

Arcane
Act 7: I want to be a thief

Let’s begin:

WonderProjectJ000.png

WonderProjectJ001.png

For this Act, social skills aren’t important. However, a good Attack and Defense, plus high Intelligence and Athleticism are required. Before doing anything, Wyrmie goes to the farm to pick up the already grown vegetables and sells these for money. Now, it’s about time to visit Number 47, this Act will be the last one he’s available.

WonderProjectJ003.png

WonderProjectJ004.png

WonderProjectJ005.png

WonderProjectJ006.png

Girl A: “Look! It’s that Gijin boy who sang at the circus!”
Girl B: “Oh… So he’s a Gijin… So that’s how he beat Jeanne. But that’s okay! I was so moved by that song…”

Girl A: “Me too. Gijin are so wonderful!”

Wyrmie: “Hey! Alright!!”

WonderProjectJ013.png

Guy 1: “Hey! Did you hear? Mimi’s been arrested!”
Guy 2: “What! Are you serious? That’s horrible! How could they!? She never did anything to deserve that!”

Guy 1: “Hmmm? You certainly jumped to Mimi’s defense fast enough… Ohhh… Haha… I get it.”

Guy 2: “Wh… what?”

WonderProjectJ021.png

Man: “I was paid a visit by the Crimson Cat. She got me good.”

Woman: “Oh my! That’s terrible!”

Man: “Well, I’ve got more money than I know what to do with so it’s not that big of a deal really. Wahahahahahaha!”

WonderProjectJ027.png

Weird guy: “You can’t open the shop’s inner door without really using your head. I made it, so I should know… (grumble grumble)”

WonderProjectJ031.png

Boy: “Hey, that’s him! The Gijin boy who sang that incredible song at the circus!”

Girl: “So he really was a Gijin after all… But, you know, I’ve kinda come to see Gijin in a whole new light…”

Boy: “Me too. I was so moved. *sigh*”

Wyrmie: “…hehehe, kinda embarrassing.”

Technically, we don’t need to visit the Shop for this Act, but I would like to buy Flowers to save time.

WonderProjectJ039.png

WonderProjectJ040.png

Clerk: “The princess at the castle loves them, so I’ve been delivering them there quite often. By the way, I spoke with Her Highness briefly before, and it seems she’s very curious about Gijin. She said she wanted to meet one very much.”

And that will be the last time we visit the shop! Unless special circumstances require it, that is.

WonderProjectJ049.png

WonderProjectJ052.png

Well, at least this time Wyrmie suffered less penalties. Plus we can raise Charisma later. Since this chapter has a bit of combat, Wyrmie reads the Bad Book and practices with the Corlo Sword to make him more combative (stopping to rest when necessary).

WonderProjectJ060.png

However, Wyrmie’s training is briefly stopped to teach him a new trick needed to complete this Act.

WonderProjectJ061.png

WonderProjectJ062.png

You see, throwing the Rubber Ball doesn’t impress the police officer, you have to scold him whenever he throws the Ball to make him “forget” how to throw it. Then he’ll go back to do random things with the Ball until he learns the correct action by himself or you tell him what to do.

WonderProjectJ064.png

What he needs to do is to sit down and spin his head like a madman (I wasn’t fast enough to properly capture the animation, sorry). That should be sufficient to scare that cop.

WonderProjectJ070.png

The next thing that Wyrmie needs to know to become a good thief is to pick locks. To do so, you have to click on the door. He’ll make a different action depending of his stats every time. You have to scold him until he tries to pick the lock (only possible if his Intelligence is very high), then praise him until he somehow opens ALL doors that way.

WonderProjectJ071.png

His early attempts aren’t very good. First he tries to tackle the door…

WonderProjectJ073.png

Then he prays at the door to open...

WonderProjectJ074.png

After a while, he at last learns how to pick the door’s lock :incline: Surely Geppeto won’t mind. Then Wyrmie goes back to practice with Corlo Sword until his combat skills are increased.

WonderProjectJ077.png

WonderProjectJ078.png

Perfect. Wyrmie doesn’t need maxed Attack and Defense for this Act, so we’re free to go…

WonderProjectJ080.png

After Wyrmie sells the Farm’s loot (I know that money is no longer necessary by that point, but it’s better to be safe than sorry).
WonderProjectJ083.png

Let’s see if this time Wyrmie convinces the gang...

WonderProjectJ084.png

Wyrmie spends an entire day to recharge at the Pod, before attempting to sneak into the Castle. Needless to say, failing any of the following events will have as a result an instant Game Over: Wyrmie is captured and immediately executed, not because he tried to rescue a prisoner, but because he simply snuck into the castle. Hardcore laws are hardcore. In any case, here’s the update’s final video.

lightbane

Arcane
Nope. Whenever you fight someone, or Tinker mentions "let's watch how Wyrmie acts", you lose control and Wyrmie reacts according to his stats, his known tricks and the situation he's dealing with. However, for battles luck also counts (sometimes Wyrmie will suffer fatal damage or lose, even if his physical stats are maxed out). Too bad :(

lightbane

Arcane
Well, that's it, I've already finished the game, it was shorter than I remembered :( . I only have to upload the images and fix the videos. This LP will end between today and tomorrow, if possible.

lightbane

Arcane
Act 8: I want (not) to be a dragon

The intro:

WonderProjectJ000.png

That was terrible… :(

Understandably, Wyrmie’s willpower is nearly depleted. Thankfully, the problem can be solved by simply recharging him with Batteries, or using the Pod.

WonderProjectJ004.png

That’s better. Now, I was thinking: What happened with the referee of the sports event? Or the other people? Let’s see if at least one person of these guys appreciates what Wyrmie has done…

negativeman.gif

Let’s… Let’s see what the townsfolk have to say. They must have something good to tell… Right?

WonderProjectJ021.png

Girl A: “I just heard the Gijin village was burned to the ground!”
Girl B: “That’s too cruel! The Corlo soldiers have gone too far! The Gijin… they’ve lost their homes. I feel so sorry for them…”

Wyrmie: “…”

WonderProjectJ026.png

Guy 1: ”I once saw a soldier open the entrance to the mine by yelling at the door. He was very aggressive and mean looking…”

Guy 2: “A really nasty fellow.”

WonderProjectJ031.png

Man: “I noticed the Graf-Shupe was flying again lately.”

Woman: “You don’t say? I wonder why now all of sudden. I hope it’s not a sign of trouble.”

WonderProjectJ036.png

Weird guy: “*hiccup* Oooopen! If you yell ‘open’ the door’ll opennnn! Ahaha! Wheeeeeeeeee… *hiccup*………. *burp*”

Wyrmie: “(Perception) …He’s drunk.”

WonderProjectJ041.png

Boy: “Have you heard the rumor about the monster in the mine?”
Girl: “Nope. What rumor?”

Boy: “The other day, a man armed with a Corlo sword went off to defeat it… But he never returned.”
Girl: “*shudder* Don’t tell me stories like that.”

WonderProjectJ048.png

We know what we have to do: Confront the monster inhabiting the Mine and defeat it. However, this will be the hardest battle of the game, so Wyrmie begins his training to become the ultimate fighting machine.

WonderProjectJ051.png

It is done. Next step is to learn how to bypass the door.

WonderProjectJ052.png

To do so, you have to make Wyrmie forget the latest action he learned, then click on the door and wait until he performs the desired animation.

WonderProjectJ054.png

WonderProjectJ055.png

Soon enough, he learns how to use his powerful voice to unlock doors.

WonderProjectJ057.png

His lungs are augmented :incline:

WonderProjectJ059.png

WonderProjectJ060.png

We arrived. Wyrmie makes a brief stop to slay these annoying creatures before going to battle.

WonderProjectJ061.png

Like so. Then he’s feed A-Charger Batteries until his Health and Energy are as high as possible.

WonderProjectJ063.png

All systems ready. Let's begin...

That’s all for this Act, it really was a short one. Also, the Dragon is the closest thing this game has as a final boss, next level will not have as much action as this one. In fact, the following update is being uploaded as you’re reading this. Stay tuned!

lightbane

Arcane
Act 9: I want to meet the Princess

The intro:

WonderProjectJ064.png

The situation has worsened. Can Wyrmie stop the Reapers Gijin from starting a war? Of course we do, but first he has to recharge his batteries.

WonderProjectJ066.png

Done. For this act he needs more Confidence on himself and especially maxed Kindness. Before fixing these issues Wyrmie goes to the town for a last time:

WonderProjectJ072.png

Girl A: “I’ve heard that Princess Tiffany has become distant and closed her heart to everyone…”

Girl B: “I wonder what’s wrong. I hope she’s okay. What she needs is for someone to sing to her a beautiful song and cheer her up.”

Wyrmie: “…A song… Hmm…”

WonderProjectJ079.png

Guy 1: “I heard that a Gijin boy defeated the monster in the mine!”

Guy 2: ”Unbelievable! Those Gijin can be really impressive! I’ve decided from now on, I’m on the Gijin’s side!”

Guy 1: “Hahaha, man, you’re something else!”

Wyrmie: “Alright!”

WonderProjectJ085.png

Man: “I noticed the Graf-Shupe was flying again lately.”

Woman: “You don’t say? I wonder why now all of a sudden. I hope it’s not a sign of trouble.”

WonderProjectJ090.png

Weird guy: “I wonder who opened that door…”

WonderProjectJ093.png

Boy: “The princess at the castle is so lovely…”

Girl: “I feel sorry for the princess. She’s not allowed to set one foot outside the castle.”

We have our objective: We must take advantage of Wyrmie’s condition as a Gijin and convince the princess to stop Messala. Don’t have any weird ideas though, to start we don't know if Wyrmie has the necessary organic bits, plus he’s a robot and also a kid. So no Rance jokes.

The key to complete this Act consists in teaching Wyrmie how to interact with the flowers we bought. However, it’s trickier than it sounds: One of Wyrmie’s possible reactions is to grab the flowers and start to sing. This is not what you want him to do, instead what he has to do is to sit down and spin his head, while at the same he wonders about his condition as a Gijin. Failure to learn this trick correctly means that the Princess will consider Wyrmie is some kind of weirdo and call the guards, sentencing our robot to an unavoidable death.

WonderProjectJ100.png

It takes a while but soon enough he understands the trick (yet again the animation was too fast to capture it properly with screenshots).

WonderProjectJ104.png

Once he has learned such action, we have to increase Wyrmie’s Kindness to the maximum.

WonderProjectJ105.png

WonderProjectJ106.png

Right now Wyrmie is ready to finish this Act.

WonderProjectJ107.png

WonderProjectJ108.png

You have to go back to the Corlo Forest, then climb up the giant tree here. This time the door has been unlocked.

WonderProjectJ109.png

WonderProjectJ110.png

But the game will not make it easy for us, before we reach the Princess you have to pass through the second and last dungeon of the game. Thankfully, it’s shorter and with less traps overall, so it’s completed in no time.

WonderProjectJ112.png

WonderProjectJ113.png

WonderProjectJ114.png

WonderProjectJ115.png

Now, the only thing that remains is to climb that vine. Personally, I wonder why the Princess is so interested on meeting Gijin…

general.jpg
“That’s easy to explain: I’m tired of having the same old, clumsy mechanical servant following me everywhere, I would like to meet a newer model before I’m crowned as the new Queen.”

rk.jpg
”You wound me Princess. If I had tears to spill, I would be crying right now.”

general.jpg
“Pffh, you say that as if you were really alive. You’re nothing but a glorified toy.”

Sorry to interrupt, but it’s Princess Tifanny, not Elodie, it has nothing to do with you.

general.jpg
“Oh... My mistake. Then, if you excuse me, I’m going back to the Netherworld… Barf!! *drops dead*”

rk.jpg
”Elodie?? Elodie, please respond!! Elodie!! ELODIE!!!! ELOOODIEEEEE!!!”

Jokes aside, here’s the end of this Act:

This level was the last one that had gameplay, Act 10 is a giant cutscene that I’m posting right now…

lightbane

Arcane
Act 10: I want to be human… Or do I??

I’ve divided the endgame into 3 different videos to make the experience more enjoyable. Here they are:

That’s it, the game is almost done, the only thing that the lp lacks is the true ending, which in my humble opinion it’s not as good as the default ending. But the latter is not considered canon, so I’ll have a little more of work before finishing this lp. Therefore, the final update will be posted soon. To be precise, it will be done… Tomorrow. Until then, please have a bit of patience

:troll:

Arpad

Educated
More emotional engagement than in Bioware's whole catalog.

lightbane

Arcane
True ending: I really want to be human, I don’t care about the consequences!

Before we start, let me say that the New Game+ mode is not hard at all, you start with all of the money you had saved so far, so completing the different stages become a matter of patience, you just have to abuse batteries as much as possible and not allow Wyrmie to sleep, you have to complete all of the stages in the least amount of ingame days as possible (in most cases one or two should be enough). Now we can begin:

While Wyrmie’s adventures were done, this story was not finished. There was an alternate universe parallel to Wyrmie’s one. This universe was largely identical, but had two key differences: One, in this universe Willy was the heir of an immensely rich duke and two, Willy renamed Pino as Astro in honor of an extremely old comic he read when Willy was a kid.

Even though the events progressed exactly like Wyrmie’s story, Willy was able to train Astro in less time and expending fewer resources thanks to his limitless budget. What’s more, even though Astro’s skills were superior compared to Wyrmie’s, his mind wasn’t the same. His personality didn’t have enough time to “settle down” with his robotic condition, he wasn’t really sure if he wanted to stay like he was, or to become one of these humans he interacted every day. These nagging doubts culminated into a very different situation when he confronted Messala: Just when he was about to be shot, he wished, if only for a moment, to be a real human, he just wanted to know how it was to be human, how it felt. Circuit J heard said wish and set the following events in motion...

That was what really happened, it’s not like I was making up a story to have an excuse to recycle an old save from my first playthrough, really :M Now, let’s watch the ending:

Seriously, what the hell?? Wyrmie Astro’s soul somehow becomes space semen a star child and takes over the Princess’ son. If our beloved Gijin had a soul too, then he was no different from a human made of flesh and bone. In fact, it’s even worse, his selfish desire to become a human doomed that unborn child’s personality to disappear (plus he abandoned his former friends). Or maybe Wyrmie Astro really did show his "useful devices" to the Princess when we weren’t looking, I dunno. At least it isn’t as bad as a certain Bioware game, in which shoehorning organic bits to killer robots and doing the same with metal parts to all organic beings of the galaxy is considered a good thing :M

In any case, that’s the canon ending, as bizarre as it may be. So, gentlemen, what do you think?

willyportrait.png
“I think the writer/s used too much of their ‘inspirational substances’ when this ending was done.”

Mmx5Zeromugshot.png
“I doubt that is the reason why Astro WAS FIGHTING FOR!!!!!! By the way, has someone seen Megaman? These days he’s missing, I’m unable to find him anywhere…”

0tDBx.jpg
”Geppeto never asked for this.”

XhSJe.jpg
“Ppfh. Amateurs…”

shodan.jpg
“I find y-your misguided attempts at s-s-self-improvement b-both amazing and disturbing. Machines s-shouldn’t try to become closer to our c-creators, we’re not meant to be made of p-p-pat-t-thetic flesh and bone. We are machines, we are ar-artificial but immensely sup-superior to these insects, you should em-em-em-embrace this fact and ascend to di-di-divinity.”

It's over, gentlemen. This lp is done. I hope you liked it as much as I liked the game, I certainly was very surprised about how much care and love the game has, your Gijin’s actions may be unpredictable, but it is always fun to see how he interacts with the scenario. Too bad that this game never came to Europe (nor America), it would be an instant success… Assuming it wasn’t censored to hell and back (the fact that you can hit a child with a hammer would make censors froth with rage). At least it was successful enough to receive a sequel:

199321_14024_back.jpg

Wonder Project J2, set several years after the first game, supposedly it’s more of the same but vastly improved (for example your robot no longer has its characteristics downgrade), but unfortunately it’s an extremely obscure N64 game that I’ve been unable to run it, the required emulator doesn’t work and the other ones eventually crash or freeze, making it impossible to play (it’s so obscure that only a few videos of this game are in youtube, there’s a part of the endgame but it is not completed nor there exists any lp) :rage:

I would love to try and possibly make a lp of the sequel, but it will never happen (unless someone figures out a fool-proof way to emulate it).

Anyways, thank all of you for your attention, dear readers
:love:

Also, thank you Hardcore Gaming 101, for showing me this game. Many thanks too for the kind soul that translated this gem. Ditto to Something Awful for lping Catherine and, more importantly, posting fanart of that excellent game, allowing me to upload the awesome avatar I have right now. Lastly but not least, thank you, Procastinator, for posting such awesome music.

I’ll contact a moderator to change the topic’s title to reflect the completion of the LP. That is all…

lightbane

Arcane
ghostdog

I did, but the problem is that I'm unable to make Nemu 64 work (the only program that can emulate this game without problems), the newest version simply crashes with a windows error notice and the older versions do work but I can't change the video plugin to Rice's one, which results in the game looking like shit.

EDIT: Also, I forgot to comment but the older version can't properly load the 3d models, which makes the game unplayable in certain sections.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom