Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

What game are you wasting time on?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Trash, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Been chunking along on Gothic 1. Explored and quested up a fair part of the old camp, done a bunch of new camp, and will probably swing by the sect camp and see what I can sidequest/plunder before really advancing my joining with the old camp. I was briefly tempted to join the new camp instead since they're the only ones that seem to be genuinely trying to escape, but I talked myself out of it because A: the bandits are assholes, and B: looks like the water wizards and fire wizards are in communication, and if the water wizards had a solid theory on how to escape you'd think the fire wizards would be with them. Either they've got separate agendas (Which doesn't seem likely since they're on good terms and are both trapped) or they're working together and manipulating people, most likely the new camp.
    Been enjoying it but I really do wish the combat was less clunky. Been playing keyboard only since that works way better for me than trying to wrangle the mouse in combat, but still. Even Morrowind levels of clunkiness would be preferable. Still enjoying it since the setting is pretty fun and the quest design seems nice. Fair number of quests look like they have a few alternate solutions/paths. World design is pretty nice too, even the old mine probably has more NPCs in it than any 2 or 3 Skyrim cities. Sure, it might have the same number of UNIQUE NPCs as maybe one Skyrim city, but filler NPCs help with the mood!

Also been poking at Far Cry 3. Still feeling the burn on buying that one. It's not too bad and seems way less annoying than Far Cry 2 (Though the animations in 2 seemed better) but eh. EH. I dropped the hardcore mod since one or two shots to kill anyone made all the guns feel essentially the same which fucked it up horribly. Vanilla game's popamole but playing on hard it's tolerable as long as I don't snipe.

Finally, was playing some Fallen Enchantress Legendary Heroes beta. Posted in the thread on the strategy forum, but TLDR summary thus far is exactly the same as Fallen Enchantress only worse.

^ Top  
  2. ohWOW Sucking on dicks and being proud of it Dumbfuck Queued

ohWOW
    :smug:
    Show Spoiler
    you will be forced to choose between new camp and the sect camp sooner or later

^ Top  
  3. RedScum Arbiter Patron

RedScum
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
    Civ IV: Fall from Heaven 2 mod
    Jagged Alliance: Back in Action :oops:

^ Top  
  4. ManjuShri Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  5. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    ^ Top  
  6. Humppaleka Arbiter

Humppaleka
    [​IMG]

*gasp* :eek:

[​IMG]

*phew* indeed.

Great game, next time I'll try and get the bonus endings.

^ Top  
  7. Boyarpunk Hey there, fuckface-uh! Patron

Boyarpunk
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Codex USB, 2014
    About to play Unity of Command for the first time. Any tips for playing as United Soviet Potato Republic?

^ Top  
  8. Sranchammer Arcane

Sranchammer

I'm Ridin' with Biden I'm Ridin' with Biden
    Wars in America. Snuffing out the hope of :patriot: within those ungrateful rustics as the British is devilishly fun

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Deuce Traveler Prestigious Gentleman 2012 Newfag Patron

Deuce Traveler
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I dropped Jagged Alliance 2 (although I was liking it) in order to focus on the Gold Box games and Ultima Underworlds. I'll definitely come back to it, though I am on the fence about whether or not I should go back and retry JA1. I liked JA1's mercs a bit more, but the interface is much better in JA2.

Luckily I downloaded a mod that will allow me to input the JA1 mercs into JA2.

So I am playing Pools of Darkness and Ultima Underworld 1 right now. The goal will be to finish all of the Gold Box games and Ultima Underworld 1, Ultima Underworld 2, then Arx Fatalis. After playing through the Might and Magic series, it feels good to be playing the tactical combat of the Gold Box games.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Jaesun Fabulous Moderator

Jaesun
    Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    Deuce Traveler are you familiar with the story of Ultima VII Part 1: The Black Gate (of which Ultima Underworld is part of IIRC).

^ Top  
  11. Deuce Traveler Prestigious Gentleman 2012 Newfag Patron

Deuce Traveler
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Jaesun , yes. I'm a bit of an Ultima fanatic, though I never finished U6 (I will when the Exult fan update is finished) and U9. It's been about 20+ years since I beat Ultima 4, but I thought that the Stygian Abyss was raised up by the Avatar in the middle of a hostile sea. Being thrown into the the Abyss so easily by an uppity baron seems a bit odd to me. I take it that the Black Gate will tie into this somehow by your post, but haven't seen how so far.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Deuce Traveler Prestigious Gentleman 2012 Newfag Patron

Deuce Traveler
    Error in my previous post. I am playing Secret of the Silver Blades right now, not Pools of Darkness. Man, The Brazilian Slaughter would be so disappointed in my clerical errors.

:cry:

Now I'll never get tickets to watch the female Brazilian national volleyball team play.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Machocruz Arcane

Machocruz
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Conflicted on this one. Alternate between liking it a lot and dreading picking it up again. Just got to Hengsha, but the last mission, Highland Park, was a boring slog. The street missions are way more fun than the major indoor missions, so far. They phoned in the indoor environments. Mind numbingly bland, vents ahoy. I also may be burned out on sneaking due to juggling Thief and playing a thief in Skyrim and Morrowind at the same time.

Thief Gold. Started playing for the first time last year. Masterful game design. Until Escape mission. Boring banal shit red caves and lame creatures. Lost complete interest at that point. I finished the game afaic. But up until that point....would play again.

New Vegas. Have had this since launch, but randomly started crashing on me. Just this week got it to where it crashes every 30-45 minutes instead of every 10-15. Still, after only 19 hours in the game, it feels way better than Fallout 3. Already have a larger variety of weapons on my person than there exists in all of FO3. Quests have more than one solution. Gunplay feels better. Have to be on my toes lest I get reped by that giant radscorpion I didn't notice. Casuals complain you can't go anywhere you want from the start, but you can. Just takes caution and ingenuity, little things they don't teach in school anymore I guess.

Dwarf Fortress. I'm never not playing this. Game of Forever™

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  14. Jaesun Fabulous Moderator

Jaesun
    Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    heh yeah I was going to reply with HOLY SHIT! Good luck on Pools of Darkness. :salute:

THAT game is brutal...

^ Top  
  15. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    It was a solid game but it suffers a bit too much from 'last game in the series' syndrome so you face crazy, over-the-top groups of opponents. As early as the Dragon's Aerie there's a fight against a dozen or so ancient dragons of assorted colors.

^ Top  
  16. Admiral jimbob gay as all hell

Admiral jimbob
    Wasteland 2
    Ah, Space Station 13.

^ Top  
  17. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    Lulz.

I'm currently playing AOW2. I was playing AOW campaign in a straight-out Cult of Storms path (Goblins-Orcs-Dark Elves), but I am currently getting REAMED by the Elves in the first Dark Elf scenario. Fucking Golden Dragons, man.

And now I'm getting reamed in AOW2 in Fire1 by Yaka's goddamned Manticores. Fucking flying units, man, they're the bane of my existence. Should've just bum-rushed Yaka by spamming Swordmen, Elven Longbows, Nymphs and Cavalry like crazy. Wish I could Double Gravity these shits, but I can't. FUCK MANTICORES!
    :flamesaw:

But I am going to get my revenge; I got CANNONS, DRUIDS AND AIRGALLEYS NOW, bitches!

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. DeepOcean Arcane

DeepOcean
    My strategy was always to rush Yaka and take at least 2 of his cities ASAP, this works in all AOW2 campaign missions. In all missions you are outnumbered and the enemy has a ridiculous number of cities but the AI cities don't have alot of high level units defending them at the beginning, every time I tried to turtle, it wasn't long before a doomstack came and RAEP me.

^ Top  
  19. circ Arcane

circ
    I HATE vault 34. It ate all my rad aid's and that was whilst wearing an advanced rad suit. Of course I had to go sneaking.

Of course I was unaware the armory had goodies like the All American and an early riot shotgun so I dropped by again. Boone stole my All American and I didn't notice at first and was really disappointed. GIMME.

It really shouldn't have involved a quest but just been optional for goodies. Yeah like I'm leaving a single ghoul alive after that shit, no wai.

^ Top  
  20. Data4 Arcane

Data4
    GTA4. I blew through Sleeping Dogs and discovered I needed MOAR open world sandbox. Besides, I never did check out the Episodes and Steam had a bundle for 30 quid.

^ Top  
  21. Humppaleka Arbiter

Humppaleka
    GTA IV as well. I have no idea what it has against me but I have had a really hard time getting it to work, but when it does oh man it's the best thing ever.

Also Deus Ex: Human Revolution second playthrough continues, not far from the end.

^ Top  
  22. Quilty Magister

Quilty
    Silent Hunter 5. Been spending unhealthy amounts of time under the Atlantic recently. With mods and modder-made patches the game is heavan. Currently thinking of resuming my let's play, but it's so hard to survive...

^ Top  
  23. AngryEddy Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    Crusader: No Remorse, then i'm probably going to move on to Syndicate Wars.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Claw Erudite Patron

Claw
    Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
    I mostly just play MP games these days. Played a ton of Chivalry and Awesomenauts, and now I am focused on MWO.

^ Top  
  25. Awor Szurkrarz Arcane In My Safe Space

Awor Szurkrarz
    Codex 2012
    Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.