Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

jackofshadows

Magister
Dropped RDR2. Fuck that woke western. Well, not 100% woke to be fair but the portrayal is so bizarrely lopsided. Like you have various edgy stuff going on but not rape. I repeat: there's no rape at all. I get that it's a shooter but they go at such great lengths in order to immerse you into the setting, for example there's a whole old-school show (not sure how it's called properly; a few different artists one after another - magician, fire show girl and singer girl). Plus some actual woke insertments like aforementioned rally of woman, condemnation of an old slaver and I quit after small quest where we eagerly help (again, w/o any choice) to a young smart and ultra-polite black doctor. Now, I'm not sure how likely it was possible to meet such character in 1899 USA but what pissed me off is that there was no choice at all like to rob him again instead for instance. Or even negotiate your reward beforehand! While in most cases the protagonist implies that he'll rather skin quest-giver than walk without getting paid.

Now after playing some Starcraft I finally launched Surviving Mars and having a blast so far, seems like a very pleasant game
349B4EBE15CC17D3A8672FAEF009297BD083BC5B

Russia is the equivalent of hardcore here lmao
6667D4BE71A95A605840235D39869F2BF84B24D1

Rough start, very lately importing first colonists

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Two more ultimate matches in Yakuza 4 and I'll have that crossed off the list.
Sometimes it is amazing the things I achieve because I am too dumb to give up.

Spukrian

Savant
I'm literally wasting my time with Thief 2014. It's going very slow, whenever I play feel like I would rather play something else instead (like the real Thief games... or maybe Dishonered...) I had very low expectations going in, but it still isn't a good game. Well, it's less tedious and annoying than Deus Ex Human Revolution at least.

SumDrunkGuy

Continuing on with my horror game marathon I'm gonna start playing Layers of Fear 2. The first game was pretty entertaining for a pure walking sim. After this I don't have much horror left that I haven't already played through. I have Observer (from the same dev as LoF) and Darkwood. Gonna have to start finding more shit.

Dropped RDR2. Fuck that woke western. Well, not 100% woke to be fair but the portrayal is so bizarrely lopsided. Like you have various edgy stuff going on but not rape. I repeat: there's no rape at all. I get that it's a shooter but they go at such great lengths in order to immerse you into the setting, for example there's a whole old-school show (not sure how it's called properly; a few different artists one after another - magician, fire show girl and singer girl). Plus some actual woke insertments like aforementioned rally of woman, condemnation of an old slaver and I quit after small quest where we eagerly help (again, w/o any choice) to a young smart and ultra-polite black doctor. Now, I'm not sure how likely it was possible to meet such character in 1899 USA but what pissed me off is that there was no choice at all like to rob him again instead for instance. Or even negotiate your reward beforehand! While in most cases the protagonist implies that he'll rather skin quest-giver than walk without getting paid.

The Sinking City actually gives you the option of helping a wounded member of the KKK for a brief second by handing him a medkit. I was pretty amazed by that, but then the game forces you into a gunfight with their leader regardless of which dialogue options you choose. It's not like my character was a saint. He poisoned the city's fish supply with ricin murdering countless innocent people so I'm not sure what it was about the Klan that he found to be morally wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

Puukko

Arcane
Played a bunch of Condemned. It's very interesting to make comparisons to FEAR and see where this game deviates from it and where it is inspired by it. The setting, aesthetics and atmosphere are similar, but movement is anything but freeform. It feels like you're walking on molasses a lot of the time and you'd think the MC was elderly based on how slowly he moves on stairs and slight declines. Each area and encounter is more hand crafted than in FEAR and the enemies have that same 'smartness' to them. They won't just charge you mindlessly, instead they'll move around the area, lure you further in, ambush you and so on. And then they'll accidentally hit each other and start infighting and it becomes a free for all.

It is rather silly that you can't loot identical guns for more ammo, but encouraging the player to constantly keep cycling through different weapons definitely helps in making each encounter more interesting since you can't rely on your gun taking out more than a couple guys before you have to scavenge for something else.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Pretty much done with Control for now because the 1st DLC left a bad taste in my mouth and I unlocked all the trophies anyway. I might go back to it some time and play through the last DLC.

I'm currently playing through Tormented Souls and just absolutely adoring it. You play as a one-eyed girl who beats amputees and paraplegics to death with a crowbar and digs through garbage for heroin. It's a wild ride.

Now this actually sounds fun. Reminds me of that 1st-person mostly melee game (the title escapes me right now) where you have to make your way out of a huge subway
or something and you're attacked by violent and/or psychotic bums and transients but it's them wielding the crowbars. They'll suddenly jump out at you from behind pillars and stuff. I really enjoyed that game on PC but then they made a sequel that was a PS3-exclusive with clunky gamepad controls-only (they never feel right in FPS) and ugly 720p textures/models so I lost interest after the first 5 minutes.

Modron

Arcane
Now this actually sounds fun. Reminds me of that 1st-person mostly melee game (the title escapes me right now) where you have to make your way out of a huge subway
or something and you're attacked by violent and/or psychotic bums and transients but it's them wielding the crowbars. They'll suddenly jump out at you from behind pillars and stuff. I really enjoyed that game on PC but then they made a sequel that was a PS3-exclusive with clunky gamepad controls-only (they never feel right in FPS) and ugly 720p textures/models so I lost interest after the first 5 minutes.
Condemned?

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Pretty much done with Control for now because the 1st DLC left a bad taste in my mouth and I unlocked all the trophies anyway. I might go back to it some time and play through the last DLC.

I'm currently playing through Tormented Souls and just absolutely adoring it. You play as a one-eyed girl who beats amputees and paraplegics to death with a crowbar and digs through garbage for heroin. It's a wild ride.

Condemned?

Yeah. I only noticed just now Puukkos' last post above with the title, heh.

In other news, I got my EVGA RTX 3070 card today and will install it tomorrow (along with an extra case fan to pull out some of the extra heat in my i9 box) so looking forward to some games I had trouble playing with HD packs like Monster Hunter World and Kingdom Come Deliverance on my old GTX 1070. Also wanna check out a few ray-tracing titles. Hopefully this will pull me out of the choice paralysis rut I've been in in the last year or so.

thesecret1

Arcane
I finished Raging Loop today. I don't read VNs often, but this one seemed interesting, so I thought, why not? It's actually pretty good... up until you reach the end. For some reason, every single mystery VN ever seems to decide to commit seppuku at the end, and this was no exception. The revealed mystery is such intense retardation that it's unreal. Everything is pretty great up until that point, but man, is that a downer...

:3/5:. Only read if you're prepared for the ending to just shit all over everything.

antimeridian

Learned
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Crysis 2. Just beat the first one and I really liked it, but this seems like massive decline all around. I knew going in it was a different beast and I can stomach a console-y linear setpiece shooter, but this game hasn't done anything to distinguish itself yet. Hopefully it improves.

Gamezor

Learned
Still working on salt and sanctuary. Still like it, still bit annoyed by no map and opaque mechanics a la souls. The map thing is a bigger issue when you dont play for a few days.

Also playing ratchet and clank rift apart on ps5. Its really fun and colorful. I dont know that its worth $70 but I like it well enough. No sjw bs yet and I doubt there will be. I have always been more of pc gamer but the ability to instantly load up games on the new consoles especially is really nice. The “it just works” aspect is also more and more attractive as I age and dont want to fuck around with drivers and a mllion settings and shit.

JDR13

Arcane
Crysis 2. Just beat the first one and I really liked it, but this seems like massive decline all around. I knew going in it was a different beast and I can stomach a console-y linear setpiece shooter, but this game hasn't done anything to distinguish itself yet. Hopefully it improves.

Don't get your hopes up. Crysis -> Crysis 2 is one of the worst examples of decline I can think of in that genre.

Late Bloomer

Scholar

In other news, I got my EVGA RTX 3070 card today and will install it tomorrow (along with an extra case fan to pull out some of the extra heat in my i9 box) so looking forward to some games I had trouble playing with HD packs like Monster Hunter World and Kingdom Come Deliverance on my old GTX 1070. Also wanna check out a few ray-tracing titles. Hopefully this will pull me out of the choice paralysis rut I've been in in the last year or so.
Finally got Supreme Commander Gold on a Steam sale for $3.99 so I'm going to download FAF and maybe have some fun with it playing other goons.

Gets 3070 Plays Supreme Commander

If you werent such a creep I would say that is pretty based.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane

Finally got Supreme Commander Gold on a Steam sale for $3.99 so I'm going to download FAF and maybe have some fun with it playing other goons.

Gets 3070 Plays Supreme Commander

If you werent such a creep I would say that is pretty based.

I haven't even installed my 3070 yet, you stupid cunt. Have a list of fun games that will push it to the max when I get the new PSU I ordered.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane

Don't get your hopes up. Crysis -> Crysis 2 is one of the worst examples of decline I can think of in that genre.

I heard there's a mod for Crysis 1 non-remastered version that some people are saying should have been the remaster. Anyone know anything about this or was it just rosey eyed Crysis fanboys effusing?

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
I haven't even installed my 3070 yet, you stupid cunt. Have a list of fun games that will push it to the max when I get the new PSU I ordered.

Oooh a list of fun games you say? Thats if you can even install the damn thing. Good luck, creep.

And good luck with your life, IncelMan... excuse me, I mean "Late Late Bloomer."

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
Will you faggots shut the fuck up. Late Bloomer is the bigger faggot for starting it for no reason but you're both fags for keeping it going

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Will you faggots shut the fuck up. Late Bloomer is the bigger faggot for starting it for no reason but you're both fags for keeping it going

Point taken. I hate watching that shit myself like that epic horse's ass JamesDixon arguing, flaming and fuming with another geek for multiple pages on the subject of joy sticks. I'll stop now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom