Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

SumDrunkGuy

Currently playing Weird West and loving it. This game is kewl af. Fuck all that other shit I wasted money and time on. This is where I needed to be.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I've been having fun with Verdun but you really have to play at a certain time or most of the players will be bots. Isonzo might actually make me purchase a game at launch.

I've been having fun with Verdun but you really have to play at a certain time or most of the players will be bots. Isonzo might actually make me purchase a game at launch.
On the Xbox version, you actually get Multiplayer experience for playing with boths.

It's pretty dope.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
I enjoyed the Ashes 2063 Doom TC so much that i'm replaying it, this time on Survival difficulty (though I wonder why this one has less enemies than Arcade... hmmm).
Then I'll play the add-on, and afterwards the sequel.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Finished Shadow Tactics Aiko's choice standalone expansion for Shadow Tactics.It's an expansion so you get more of the same good stuff that was in the main game,the story takes place during the main storyline,you get 6 mission although only 3 are "real" mission the other 3 are mini missions and an epilogue.If you like the main game you are going to like this too although it could be a bit longer.Recommended

Ezekiel

Arcane
Entered a realm full of master hands in Smash Ultimate. Hope the board game is almost over, because I've been progressing through the same save on and off for almost four years.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Tried out a ray-tracing mod for one of my all time favorites - Doom. Prepare for a deluge of homegrown RTX abuse of classic games throughout the decades. I don't feel ray-tracing lighting/reflections look good in shooters with 2D models/environments consistently.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Inkedgypsy_LI.jpg
After 20 years playing CM01/02, this gypsy does the best season for any player that I ever had in the game. He basically won me everything single-handedly. (Playing in windowed mode, so I zoomed in, hence the blurriness.)

Last edited:

Naraya

Arcane
I liked Everspace so I"m waiting for Everspace 2, in the meantime (re)playing Freespace and fanmade campaigns.
And as usual I wonder - will we ever have a game surpassing this masterpiece?

Krivol

Magister
Try Maksim Tsigalko :P
I've tried him and a few others, like To Madeira. But I rarely try to get those players. Madeira is a funny one, because it turns out that it wasn't a real player.

In Poland, one of the game scouts added himself and his friends to team Gwardia Warszawa - try Harasimowicz or Swietochowski ;).
The funny thing about Tsigalko is his insane finishing and positioning (or off the ball, whichever is the offensive one, I don't remember) - it's not 20 actually, more like 30-40, so he is able to score like 150 goals per season (my record is about 90).

Oh, and the guy died a year ago :( .

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Try Maksim Tsigalko :P
I've tried him and a few others, like To Madeira. But I rarely try to get those players. Madeira is a funny one, because it turns out that it wasn't a real player.

In Poland, one of the game scouts added himself and his friends to team Gwardia Warszawa - try Harasimowicz or Swietochowski ;).
The funny thing about Tsigalko is his insane finishing and positioning (or off the ball, whichever is the offensive one, I don't remember) - it's not 20 actually, more like 30-40, so he is able to score like 150 goals per season (my record is about 90).

Oh, and the guy died a year ago :( .
Yeah, I read about that.

Tel Velothi

Cipher
I tried so hard to get into Elden Ring for a good few hours. I really couldn't. Game feels like you are in some kind of dream. Story is almost nonexistent, there are very few npc's with cryptic monologues and that's all about them. Basicly everything attack you on sight.
Combat is very impressive, animations, enemy design is interesting, many attacks that you have to act accordingly, etc. Too bad there are no instant reset - there's a long loading screen after death. Game feels like a hack'n'slash with advanced moves and empty, open 3D world.
Game just didn't mesmerize me. Guess I'm just not a "souls game" fan, there are a lot of people that adore this game, but too bad that's just not me.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
I tried so hard to get into Elden Ring for a good few hours. I really couldn't. Game feels like you are in some kind of dream. Story is almost nonexistent, there are very few npc's with cryptic monologues and that's all about them. Basicly everything attack you on sight.
:hmmm: Since you've evidently never played a Souls game before, I recommend trying Demon's Souls or the first Dark Souls, before plunging into the immensity of Elden Ring.

Curratum

:hmmm: Since you've evidently never played a Souls game before, I recommend trying Demon's Souls or the first Dark Souls, before plunging into the immensity of Elden Ring.

Or just skip Elden Ring entirely and just play the Souls games, because honestly, fuck Elden Ring.

If I hated Dark Souls II, should I just avoid playing Elden Ring?

If you hated Dark Souls II but never played Demon's Souls or the first Dark Souls, then you should give one of those two a try. :M
I watched someone play Dark Souls I a lot when I was over at their house once, and it looked interesting...got Dark Souls II in some Humble Bundle and did not really like it, that was some years ago now...but with everyone talking about Elden Ring have been thinking of trying it, but not sure I would really like it..not really the type of games I usually play, but sometimes I do like games way out of my normal type.

Wunderbar

Arcane
If you hated Dark Souls II but never played Demon's Souls or the first Dark Souls, then you should give one of those two a try. :M
I watched someone play Dark Souls I a lot when I was over at their house once, and it looked interesting...got Dark Souls II in some Humble Bundle and did not really like it, that was some years ago now...but with everyone talking about Elden Ring have been thinking of trying it, but not sure I would really like it..not really the type of games I usually play, but sometimes I do like games way out of my normal type.
try getting your hands on Demon's Souls instead (be it on an actual PS3 or on PC via emulator). It is both a great game, and a excellent entry point for people not familiar with the formula (since it's the first of its kind).

fork

Combat is very impressive, animations, enemy design is interesting, many attacks that you have to act accordingly, etc. Too bad there are no instant reset - there's a long loading screen after death. Game feels like a hack'n'slash with advanced moves and empty, open 3D world.
Game just didn't mesmerize me. Guess I'm just not a "souls game" fan, there are a lot of people that adore this game, but too bad that's just not me.

Dark Souls is way better than this turd. Might give that one a try if you haven't already.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadenuat

Arcane
I played through 2016 modded 1997 Shandalar, twice.
i found it through reddit
original project was caput when modder left and demanded everything to be nuked
is a little bi buggy, like if someone plays ante ifreet card then your whole deck forever get replaced by 60 ifreets, or one spell affecting both players instead of your creatures, but that's basically the only and worst things I found.
there are thousands of cards i obviously played pack rats and evil fairies first.

ps it's interesting how further games copied Shandalar ui sometimes almost completely, or partially (like cards minimizing after going onto table from hand)
however, twas decided that a hybrid of MTG & King's Bounty is not a worthy thing to copy, and amazing idea was left on a road of history, at least if we talk actual original game and setting, I mean.

Last edited:

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron

Dark Souls is way better than this turd. Might give that one a try if you haven't already.

Have you even read his post? He would have had the same gripes with Dark Souls too, minus the open world.

Tel Velothi

Cipher
Have you even read his post? He would have had the same gripes with Dark Souls too, minus the open world.

I didn't play DS1 so I wouldn't know, but I kinda feel bad for not getting Elden Ring and it's hype. For me it's an empty, strange in a japanese way mix with Fighting Force, Mortal Kombat (that not so much tbh) and Diablo.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom