Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

What happened to Kalin

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by a Goat, Jul 6, 2021.

1. Techno Union Obvious alt Patron Dumbfuck

Techno Union
    *steps on spider with rubber boot*

Damn infestation.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Despair Despair x 1
    • How DARE you!?? How DARE you!?? x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Donut Touch Scholar Edgy

Donut Touch
    Wtf, I'm Maxie now?!?!

• Yes Yes x 3
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    • Grab the minigun, there are demons here to smite Grab the minigun, there are demons here to smite x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Kruno Arcane Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter

Kruno
    Talking about my people like we are a bunch of clowns is offensive. Please stop!

• honk honk! honk honk! x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Gobblecock Arcane Zionist Agent

Gobblecock
    What about "Tobi" though?

Is the B on our keyboards within the penumbra of perdition cast by the V key?

If "Tony" can be said, then the N key is calm seas. The exploratory spirit of the Aryan male then calls out: Can we voyage into the rocky straits of Scylla and Charybdis that lie just one key to the left of the N key?

This newest forum RPG game is amazing fun, like re-enacting the Age of Exploration.

We all get to LARP being intrepid explorers venturing into the dangerous unknown, like motherfucking Magellan and cool as fuck Pizarro. I always wanted to wear a conquistador helmet and rape brown women.

Born too late... to explore the New World.

Born too early... to live in the Codex moonbase (Retarded meme being born, btw. These chimps can't even update the Xenforo software in their lunar mission control)

Born just in time.. to explore which four-letter sequences of keystrokes get users banned on an obsolescent gaming forum (for "doxxing" with a useless fragment of a full name. Might as well randomly call other users "Bob" until one shouts, "You doxxed me!" at this rate.)

Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
    • Funny x 4
    • Salute x 3
    • Brofist x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Techno Union Obvious alt Patron Dumbfuck

Techno Union
    My favorite actor is Tobi Maguire.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Cael Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck

Cael
    Man, I wish Mel Brooks would give the nu-Star Wars the Spaceballs treatment, but unfortunately, I doubt even he would be able to come up with a parody of such a great parody.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Demo.Graph Learned

Demo.Graph
    Okay, Robert.

But seriously, yes.

First time it was fun.
    Then Kalin got ban extension for behaviour of other people.
    Now both sides went full retard.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 2
    ^ Top  
  8. Techno Union Obvious alt Patron Dumbfuck

Techno Union
    Usually, one side is more retarded than the other. It's rare for two sides to be equally retarded.

• Balanced Balanced x 3
    ^ Top  
  9. Gobblecock Arcane Zionist Agent

Gobblecock
    B-but how... how did you find out my real first name?

I don't feel safe here anymore.

Tobi Maguire, please ban this doxxor.

^ Top  
  10. Demo.Graph Learned

Demo.Graph
    I don't have proper scales on me. But the situation looks like lose-lose for both sides.

Kalin aggroed the mods like a retard, knowing that he would get banned again.
    Show Spoiler
    Did he show some new info about mods or their character? No. Characters of the modding team were pretty visible from the previous forum discussions.
    Did he change anything? No. The general modding policy would remain the same (the general approach to forum rules is very reasonable after all, the devil is in the details). Infi would remain the same (even if not, it's not the hill to die on).
    Did he lose something? Yes, the character of an account. Lately it wasn't really likable for my taste. It still had its history. Of course a real human behind Kalin is able to create an alt or three. So what? He won't be able to participate in SMAC LPs or Grimwulf threads as we've known them, otherwise it would be too obvious and lead to another ban.
    What else could he gain? Dramatic slaughter of the character that outlived its interest? If it was really so, then yes, mischief managed. The question is whether something else would take its place.

The only casus banni for mods to ban Kalin for the second time is shitposting.
    Show Spoiler
    Kalin can't be really accused with revealing personal data. Spamming somebody's first name isn't really sharing the personal information, unless it's accompanied by socsec number, passport number or something else like that. At least a surname. Banning for that is like banning for saying that Roxor is a Pole (and probably Andrzej or something).
    Kalin can't be really accused with stalking, because there're people here that spam-tag others, many petty feuds with people shitting on each other for hours, there's an account named You that pinged half the forum. Kalin didn't approach a tenth of obnoxiousness that some people seem to reach here.
    He could've been rightfully banned for shitposting. But, again, there're many users here that act at least as retardedly and obnoxiously and they keep shitposting for years. Mods do a pretty good job marking them. As far as I've seen (I wasn't really paying attention) few of them were permabanned. Even Maxie is here. And none of them had contributed anything I can recall on the top of my mind. Kalin had shopped his death pic, he put some effort (however small).

What did mods gain?
    They've shown that they're ready to enforce the rules and bend them as they see fit. Wow, news at 11.
    They've lost one of the oldest and memorable community members in a "business" that is completely dependent on memorable people.

The second is more serious in my eyes, because it shows a lack of judgement.
    I've been a mod of a small forum myself. I know how hard it's sometimes to not act recklessly. They've failed their Wis check this time.
    Maybe they should've tried some intermediate solutions first. Like banning Kalin for a month again, several times if needed. It's not like it would've been very taxing. And it wouldn't have required a final solution. Leaving your options open is always a good thing.

Who knows, maybe another meme would've been born out of that, a story of a Flying Kalman that appeared once in a month to spew something Infinitesimal only to disappear in the depths of the ban again. It could've been a story.

Now the story is over and it's full of shit.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Techno Union Obvious alt Patron Dumbfuck

Techno Union
    If you read demograph's post without opening either of the spoilers, it reads like it was actually written by a normal person.

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Rean Not that Rean

Rean
    His post is really good, shut the fuck up.

• cuck cuck x 3
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Gobblecock Arcane Zionist Agent

Gobblecock
    Demo.Graph approaches human interaction as if there is an objective logic to it. That immediately disqualifies anything he writes.

Humans interact, not to achieve mutually beneficial and logical outcomes, but to exercise power over each other.

Tobi wanted to ban people who dunk on him for being a stereotypical power-hungry Jew. Kalin wanted to display that the Jew has no power here. The health and husbandry of a forum ecosystem never entered into the subjective calculations that these two mathematicians were computing.

And while these two analytical thinkers were getting chalk dust all over their lab coats, running out of Greek letters, and solving Fermat's Last Theorem... You can bet Kangaroo Jack was scribbling "1+2=potatoe" in crayon on the carpet for a giggle, but he owns the carpet and it's approaching 20 years old, so what the heck anyway.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • M'lady M'lady x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Bester ⚰️☠️⚱️ Patron Vatnik

Bester
    Meanwhile DU who was supposed to be the adult in the room turned out to be a clueless dumbfuck. This shit is depressing.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Fedora Master Arcane Patron Edgy

Fedora Master
    He of all people should have known better.

• Despair Despair x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Rage Rage x 1
    • When words are not enough When words are not enough x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Corvinus Arcane

Corvinus
    So what have we learned from the Kalin / Maxie saga so far?

01.) That the average Codexer is treated with utter disdain by the site's "leaders".

02.) That said "leaders" try to pass themselves off as the adults in the room and yet fail miserably at every turn.

03.) That there is a clique of honourless sycophants willing to lap the "leader's" anuses raw.

04.) That the Codex is an outlet of paid presskits being passed off as "news".

05.) If you mention this fact often and loudly enough you will be encouraged to leave - through being bullied rather than banned outright.

06.) The latter part of point 5 is in place so that it can be said that the Codexer left of their own volition.

07.) You can also be messed with in a similar manner (bullied off the site) if your presence offends said "leaders", even if you just made a substantial donation.

08.) You might be doxxed by everyone's favourite paid shill. Even if this leads to serious real-life consequences for you (and it has for some) it's fine. If the average Codexer hints at doing something similar in turn, even if it's simply reposting his (publicly available) name, he'll be cast out in a heartbeat.

09.) If you donate to the site your information appears to be shared freely and arbitrarily with people who shouldn't have access (I'm thinking especially about the one in point 8, who wears dishonesty like a cloak).

10). Finally, said "leaders" appears to be completely out of touch with many of the long-term visitors of this forum, with each new decision being more clumsy and stupid than the last. It would seem that the act of running an ant farm is the attraction rather than RPGs.

• Brofist x 7
    • Despair x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • butthurt x 2
    • Participation Award x 1
    • feels good man x 1
    • I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it x 1
    • Rage x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • "It was Aliens" x 1
    • retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Donut Touch Scholar Edgy

Donut Touch

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • "It was Aliens" "It was Aliens" x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Nutria Cipher Patron

Nutria
    Strap Yourselves In
    At this point I'd suck just about anybody's asshole if they don't work for Reddit.

• retadred retadred x 4
    ^ Top  
  19. Donut Touch Scholar Edgy

Donut Touch
    Scruffy do you disagree with any of that? Ratings do not count as arguments or refutations. If you can't use words you should go back to the caves.

[​IMG]

• Yes Yes x 4
    • Up Yours Up Yours x 1
    • STOP! posting STOP! posting x 1
    • Racist Racist x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Demo.Graph Learned

Demo.Graph
    :prosper:
    I expect a guy with a 10 year old account to bet it somewhat intelligently.
    I expect moderators to moderate, not be butthurt trigger-happy monkeys.
    Everything else is a break time shitposting.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    • NPC #61873 came up with this opinion all by his / herself NPC #61873 came up with this opinion all by his / herself x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Atlantico unida e indivisible Patron

Atlantico
    Make the Codex Great Again!
    The Chaotic Evil group has spoken. Anyone else from the alignment bros?

• Yes Yes x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Techno Union Obvious alt Patron Dumbfuck

Techno Union
    This isn't Reddit?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Shitty Kitty Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    Idk I'm just here for the beer and peanuts

• Cheers!! Cheers!! x 2
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Kitty Kitty x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Gobblecock Arcane Zionist Agent

Gobblecock
    Mistaking the messenger for his message.

I'm basically TN, because to use a different alignment chart that is one shade less hokey, I'm INTP. I simply perceive and describe the reality of human existence without assigning a value.

The admins, on the other hand, might be LE and CE respectively.

• Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Atlantico unida e indivisible Patron

Atlantico
    Make the Codex Great Again!
    All characters consider themselves TN. Nobody thinks they're "evil" or "good".

So whatever you are, you don't recognize it yourself. Everyone thinks they have the balanced, rational take on things. Especially the Chaotic Evil ones [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.