Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What if we split the Codex into two sites: RPG Codex + Political Codex?

What do you think about splitting the politics out to a separate stand-alone website + forums?

• THIS SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT IDEA

Votes: 137 37.8%
  • Over my dead body

Votes: 133 36.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 92 25.4%

• Total voters

Stella Brando

Arcane
Join him, and together you can rule the Codex as father and son.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I guess this is also a relevant reminder, while we prepare for the eventual site split.

There are three main arguments I can bring up:
You have some sort of problem, Haba? You have some kind of issue with this entirely optional feature? You sure do seem mighty butthurt about it. You're carrying on as if it's got your goat. Well let me tell you something, Haba, let me tell you: What you think doesn't matter. What you think is irrelevant. What you think is completely meaningless and is of no concern.

You pull out statistics, research and studies as if they have some "meaning", as if they have some sort of "relevance". You act as if you can cite some bullshit survey, wave your arms and say "See, I'm right" and this will all magically go away. You act as if what you say here has some sort of impact. This post, this poll, these pathetic attempts you make at pushing your argument, do you think any of it will work? Do you think anything you've done will ever work?

Let me make it clear to you, Haba, right here, right now, so that there's no confusion. So that it's crystally clear in your mind in such a way that it leaves not one essence of doubt.

It doesn't work that way. It doesn't work that way at all.

I'll tell you now, in the clearest way possible, that you can make as many empty statements or pull out as many statistically analysed facts as you like and it won't change a thing.

It won't change a thing.

It won't change a thing because the only thing that matters around here is what I think. The only thing that matters around here is what I do.

And do you think you can stop me, Haba? Do you really think a few words tossed out here and there is going to change my mind?

You can't stop me, Haba. None of you can. I'm the God-damned Administrator here. I'm the one who holds you all by your fat, tiny little squalid testicles. I make this place run. I keep this place ticking so that you can all continue to post your inane crap and have it documented for all time. In here, in this place, I'm the puppet master. I'm the one who pulls your strings. You dance to my tune, in my playhouse. You think you have some sort of say in what goes on around here?

I decide the opening number, when the final scene occurs and what kind of fucking nuts are available during the intermission.

And let me tell you something about those nuts, Haba, they're salty - because I goddamned like them that way.

I like them that way because that's the way it is. I eat raw steel and shit rating systems out before breakfast. I take on bears with my laser eyes and shred metal with my diamond claws. I'm a God-damned bear-munching steel-chewing titanium built administrating machine.

Now let me make you understand, I feed on your butthurt. Your complaints are nothing but sweet beautiful music to my ears. They bring tears of joy to my eyes. They even give me a bit of a chub. I feed on your sweet, delicious butthurt and grow ever more powerful. So much more fucking powerful. You just don't even know what you're dealing with here. You don't even know what you don't know you don't know you know.

Understand?

So be butthurt about it. See if I care. Complain about it all you like. Protest, whinge, block it with adblock, do your worst. Because nothing you do will change anything, Haba. Nothing you do will change one single thing. Now, go ahead and pray for this feature to be removed, Haba, and you go to your church, and, with any luck, you might win the annual raffle, but if you're looking for God, he's in the fucking Administration Panel right now, and he doesn't like to be second guessed. You ask me if I have a God complex. Let me tell you something: I am God.

You have meddled with the primal forces of nature, Mr. DarkUnderlord, and I won't have it! Is that clear?

You think you've merely installed a rating mod. That is not the case! The retards have taken the decent arguments out of this forum, and now they must put it back! It is ebb and flow, tidal gravity! It is ecological balance!

You are an old man who thinks in terms of threads and posts. There are no threads. There are no members. There are no moderators. There are no admins. There are no other forums. There is no Internet.

There is only one holistic system of systems, one vast and immane, interwoven, interacting, multivariate, multinational dominion of hatred. race-hate, gender-hate, console-hate... hass, nienawiść, haïr, ienaids, and ненависть.

It is the international system of hatred which determines the totality of life on this forum.

That is the natural order of things today. That is the atomic and subatomic and galactic structure of things today!

And YOU have meddled with the primal forces of nature, and YOU... WILL... ATONE!

Am I getting through to you, Mr. DarkUnderlord?

You get up on your little twenty-one inch screen and howl about Codex and your admin account. You think that you can simplify the hate, the dislike and streamline it into clicking a button. Retards and butthurts, a constant stream of ever increasing digits.

You think that your access to the databases lets you control the hate? Well, Mr. DarkUnderlord, next to hatred, you and your petty ambitions are nothing but dust in the wind. For the great wheel of hate, you're not even a pebble on the road.

We no longer live in a world of admins and members, Mr. DarkUnderlord. The Codex is a college of feuds, inexorably determined by the immutable bylaws of hate. The world is hate, Mr. DarkUnderlord. It has been since man crawled out of the slime. And our children will live, Mr. DarkUnderlord, to see that... perfect world... in which there's no self-censorship or downvoting, hateful exchanges simplified to a press of a button.

A world where wordsmiths and cockmongers face off in brutal duels of argumentation, leaving behind only hurt feelings and trauma. Everything written down, then torn apart and twisted into something foul. A world where one does not pop moles of butthurt from the safety of cover, but must expose themselves to the unforgiving hordes of the Codex. All forever documented in the eternal annals of retardo.

One vast and ecumenical holding company, for whom all men will work to serve a common hate, in which all men will hold a share of stock. All necessities provided, all anxieties tranquilized, all boredom amused. And I have chosen you, Mr. DarkUnderlord, to preach this evangel.
That entire thread is nothing but a low-effort psyop. Do you actually expect us to believe that in 2012 Humanity Has Risen! used to post stuff about RPGs???!! Do you think we're out of our mind?!

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik

Semiurge

Cipher

Neki

Scholar
Make it so that you have to write a essay on "What is a RPG" before you're allowed GD access.

Semiurge

Cipher
Don not listen to Burning Bridges, he has an agenda -

You are overestimating the importance of GD.

I would estimate that more than half the people posting the bulk of their posts here has grave mental issues.

I never have much problems to discuss with extremists on other forums but here such a substratum of idiots and weirdos has formed, that it is actually more psychotherapy than engaging discussion.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
It's all very funny and awesome trolling until it eventually becomes true. Have you people learned nothing from the last 15 years?

Stella Brando

Arcane
The poll is a window into men's souls. You may try to fool it be voting falsely, but only your heart's true content will be counted.

Last edited:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Fabulously optimistic to assume the administration has the technical expertise required to do this.

This is both a matter of maliciousness and competence and Im afraid our dear leaders are more of the former than the latter.

Stella Brando

Arcane
Biden called the alt-right 'nazi fags.' This may be the sign we were waiting for to make this move.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom