Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What if we split the Codex into two sites: RPG Codex + Political Codex?

What do you think about splitting the politics out to a separate stand-alone website + forums?

• THIS SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT IDEA

Votes: 137 37.8%
  • Over my dead body

Votes: 133 36.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 92 25.4%

• Total voters

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Last edited:

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
E0rYGj4VUAEqm0J
How embarrassing it must have been for her to see her name on the same page as the reddit logo.

azimuth

Educated
Wat

Look at yourself - I just wanna talk about RPGs and you're talking about how Twitter and Facebook are keeping you in frown town.

Logically, the obvious solution to your problem of not having an outlet for your unpopular opinions (whatever they may be, I don't care) is to set up a site for political conversations, which is what this thread is about.

It's illogical to use the RPG site for that, and it's bad for RPGs to use the One True CRPG Grognard Site as your place to escape the tyranny of the all-seeing beautiful blue eye of Jack Dorsey.

Listen, the devs of some games I'm involved with have visited this site in the past (many moons ago) and valued it for its passionate userbase. However, they don't visit anymore. Some passionate fans who hang out here have been banned from their local forums and Discord for racism.

In this era of death by association, it's understandable to want to stand strong for free speech in the face of cancel culture. However, it's also naive. Creators are abandoning you, normal RPG people are abandoning you. You'll be stuck with a bunch of 4chan rejects who don't really care that much about RPGs in themselves. They just want to say naughty things about black people.

It doesn't have to be this way. You could be the respected RPG site.

Semiurge

Cipher
In this era of death by association, it's understandable to want to stand strong for free speech in the face of cancel culture. However, it's also naive. Creators are abandoning you, normal RPG people are abandoning you. You'll be stuck with a bunch of 4chan rejects who don't really care that much about RPGs in themselves. They just want to say naughty things about black people.

Things will change, and the names of turncoats will be remembered.

Grim Monk

Arcane
Creators are abandoning you, normal RPG people are abandoning you.
:deathclaw:
This site was FOUNDED becouse "creators" already abandoned us in favor of what you probably call "normal RPG people"...

Fallout-_Brotherhood_of_Steel_Box.jpg

51YLGwmHSoL._SY445_.jpg

XLjfwDeg.jpg

71U9qNdyqoL._SX342_.jpg

You must have "Perception" as a dump stat to be here for 4 years and not notice the "DOESN'T SCALE TO YOUR LEVEL" byline that comes after the site name.

If only we had realized that: SELLOUT CONFORMISM = "respected RPG site"

We could have been sending people to E3 to explain how "Fallout 3/4/76 is the best Fallout yet!" and be rewarded in true "Respected Press" manner with swag bags.

The site administration could have been swimming in Doritos™, MTN Dew®, and (moldy) Power Armor© Helmets since 2004!

Last edited:

Ladonna

Arcane
Wat

Look at yourself - I just wanna talk about RPGs and you're talking about how Twitter and Facebook are keeping you in frown town.

Logically, the obvious solution to your problem of not having an outlet for your unpopular opinions (whatever they may be, I don't care) is to set up a site for political conversations, which is what this thread is about.

It's illogical to use the RPG site for that, and it's bad for RPGs to use the One True CRPG Grognard Site as your place to escape the tyranny of the all-seeing beautiful blue eye of Jack Dorsey.

Listen, the devs of some games I'm involved with have visited this site in the past (many moons ago) and valued it for its passionate userbase. However, they don't visit anymore. Some passionate fans who hang out here have been banned from their local forums and Discord for racism.

You are not the first to say this. Many have said the same thing, over many years now. Even one of the main admins tried to do this, banning dissenters and cracking down on people that made developers feel unwelcome by criticising them too harshly. The Throne Sitter sent him packing, and the site seems to still be growing. Meanwhile, I cannot count the number of websites that were "respectable" that now cease to exist. No, for some reason, this place just works. The years roll on, and it seems busier every year. The developers continue lurking. The detractors continue screaming. But for some strange reason, the Codex just doesn't seem to stop getting bigger.

Alex

Arcane
Not really living up to your name Non-Edgy Gamer.

Alternatively, DU could just ban YOU and every other whiny libshit from GD and tell you he's deleted it. You don't like it anyway, so why should you know about it or see what goes on there?
Deleting the whiny users is a myth. They just end up being replaced with whinier ones.

I would say banning DraQ, or even all the liberal posters on the Codex, is still less edgy than wanting to split the site in two. But maybe that is just me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom