Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What if we split the Codex into two sites: RPG Codex + Political Codex?

What do you think about splitting the politics out to a separate stand-alone website + forums?

• THIS SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT IDEA

Votes: 137 37.8%
  • Over my dead body

Votes: 133 36.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 92 25.4%

• Total voters

LostHisMarbles

Learned
(you never leave the Codex as it turns out. Though the Codex may leave you)

Would love this and it's a very good time to do it actually; since last i was around with time to post inane shit no one should read, two more forums allowing proper free speech have been shut down. Not many venues left where moderation is minimal.. you could potentially generate some extra income as well as this is bound to attract a load of people :)

So assuming this isn't the usual you having fun with the natives in Feedback and are semi-serious;
- Have you the stomach for it? 'Cause GD is nothing compared to what you'll have to face (you in the plural)
- Speaking of plural, whom will you have to moderate such a forum? It's one thing to have spastics like Crispy play the overlord of a subforum, occasionally and when their period isn't quite due, it's quite another to have a legit forum, dedicated to politics, 100% speak your mind. Takes a different mental stamina on the moderators' part, can attract a lot of negative notice if you start having megathreads, stealth merges and removed posts because someone called Crispy a spastic. Totally random example of course, Crispy being a pinnacle of maturity, fulfilled life expectations and an abundance of experience, in the sexual department not least. One dares not even mention the wisdom he's gained from it all.
- No matter the initial posters' base (Codexers), if this goes well it's gonna have a lot of people joining in; a lot. Are you willing to scale accordingly? Not capable, willing.
- And are you aware that you may not necessarily have a poster base primarily comprised of manchildren still living the puberty dream? You're talking people from all over needing to vent, primarily at least. You've a very limited subpool here, people playing RPGs (on consoles..) needing to vent. Perspective.

On a personal note since i cannot PM you boss, i hope you're well.
And my best wishes to you sincerely.

P.S. Though please, please do it. It's one thing to have forums shutting themselves down. It's quite another for Cloudfare to shutting them down, "because". Just as it's quite another to currently have Paypal denying VPN payment processing. We've gone way overboard with it all, balance is needed. Do it :)

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Jokes aside,it is getting old. Those retards won't stop whining about their politics. The codex is filled with all kind of people from different cultures. Yet everywhere you turn in here is filled with political bitching about kwan politics. For example,i asked jenk if he played Black book,really good storyfag rpg,he just lost his mind and begun screeching about protagonist being woman,the game being poz and all his regular garbage. At this point maybe 70% of the site is about kwan politics,people bitching about muh freedom and muh constitution yet waiting for the enemy to just lose to magical freedom power....yeah. It is getting really really old.

Last edited:

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Jokes aside,it is getting old. Those retards won't stop whining about their politics. The codex is filled with all kind of people from different cultures. Yet everywhere you turn in here is filled with political bitching about kwan politics. For example,i asked jenk if he played Black book,really good storyfag rpg,he just lost his mind and begun screeching about protagonist being woman,the game being poz and all his regular garbage. At this point maybe 70% of the site is about kwan politics,people bitching about muh freedom and muh constitution yet waiting for the enemy to just lose magical freedom power....yeah. It is getting really really old.
Learn how to use commas, gypsy.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Normal posters

18768.jpg

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Jokes aside,it is getting old. Those retards won't stop whining about their politics. The codex is filled with all kind of people from different cultures. Yet everywhere you turn in here is filled with political bitching about kwan politics. For example,i asked jenk if he played Black book,really good storyfag rpg,he just lost his mind and begun screeching about protagonist being woman,the game being poz and all his regular garbage. At this point maybe 70% of the site is about kwan politics,people bitching about muh freedom and muh constitution yet waiting for the enemy to just lose magical freedom power....yeah. It is getting really really old.

8m6LnOQ.png

:hmmm:
keep chasing windmills.

Generic-Giant-Spider

I hope the Codex is split so it has a chance of becoming a respected site for esteemed journalists that can catch interviews with washed devs that haven't drawn a dime since 1998.

:Flash:

Arcane
A politics website with codexian moderation, but without the gatekeeping of the RPG forum would result in first an avalanche of retarded Nazis and then a bunch of glowies.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom