Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What if we split the Codex into two sites: RPG Codex + Political Codex?

What do you think about splitting the politics out to a separate stand-alone website + forums?

• THIS SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT IDEA

Votes: 137 37.8%
  • Over my dead body

Votes: 133 36.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 92 25.4%

• Total voters

Can't handle the bacon

Games were always political. Medal of Honor, which was released in 1999 was political. And I'm sure older examples can be found.

Sim City

sc2k_b.png
And its modern incarnation, City Skylines, which is openly shilling for twatter, pushing heavily towards elimination of industry and fossil fuels in favor of windmills and solar, has no government buildings or churches (not even as special buildings/monuments), heavily promoting public transport over personal car ownership, sets up giant office and apartment building megacities to be the ultimate goal, and is otherwise oozing with soy from every pixel.

Generic-Giant-Spider

The cool part about Sim City is when you can have Liberal join in as a disaster when you select alien invasion.

Because he's not white.

Archwizard Hank

Learned
This is a fucking horrible idea and nothing good could possibly come of it

And quit rigging the polls

Last edited:

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
Games were always political. Medal of Honor, which was released in 1999 was political. And I'm sure older examples can be found.

Shouldn't come as a surprise that the snowflake is flaky.

Codex Year of the Donut
a game about political topics is not the same as a game not about a political topic but has $currentyear politics shoved into every one of its orifices
The blatant politicization of video games has no parallel in the history of video games, there's nothing to compare it to. VTMB's politics were basically two throwaway lines(one aimed at a republican, another at a democrat, fyi) in an entire game. That was generally the extent of it -- a throwaway line or a gag. Now they build entire characters and stories around realworld political inserts.

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
What do we do with games then that solely exist to push a political agenda? Or games that deal about politics a lot (Disco Elysium)? :shittydog:

Kinda hard to split the Codex when everything about games today is political.

What people really mean when they say they don't want politics : "we don't want anything to the right of Stalin"

No social media ever ban people for being communists.

dbx

Arcane
Patron
Splitting will make both the gaming section and the political section shit.

The only thing saving the political side to devolve into ResetEra-lite or Stormfront/QAnon-lite is the fact you have to spend a year talking about RPGs before being able to see/post in GD, which works as an ok filter for retards.
And without the political side, the gaming section will be dead soon: apart from boomers and older millennials like me who the fuck still use game forums anyway?

Last edited:

fanta

Arcane

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom