Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What is teh Codex?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Yep. Pathetic, aint it?

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
"Any mention of the Codex will be deleted. That is all I am at liberty to say."

Hah, people were looking for drama in some other threads...

Mr Happy

Scholar
Vault Dweller said:
One of the Bethesda people replied:

Any mention? Even with out a link? Oh my oh my. What have we done?!

Was that a moderater? Eeek. I might have to head over there and give it a whirl, just to see what happens.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture

I just fell out of my chair.

Spazmo

Erudite
Speaking for the Codex, I have been authorized to announce that any mention of the ESF on these forums will be used to make fun of their bafflingly incompetent moderators.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Pssst...

It's an order from the HIGH RANKS. Top of the ladder.

CODEXERS! They are onto us. Never face a door with your back.

Lurkar

Scholar
Absolutely hilarious. Could it be Bethesda is actually AFRAID of the Codex?

Araanor

Liturgist
You know, this isn't bad news post material. Censoring links could be half-way justified, but the mere mention of the site... Pretty bad stuff. The issue deserves some airing.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Except we don't have the thread. If someone had saved it, we could stick it up over here and then make a news post.

It'd be like Rex vs Grimoire all over again. :revolution:

Jason

chasing a bee
You know, this isn't bad news post material. Censoring links could be half-way justified, but the mere mention of the site... Pretty bad stuff. The issue deserves some airing.
No, it's better to have this as something we keep in our back pocket and pull out to chuckle about every now and then. Let the gay drama stay on their end.

Mantiis

Cipher
You are either with the ESF or against them - no middle ground!! No Grey!

You are all RPG TERRORISTS!!!

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
Hahaha, this is beautiful!

I can just image their little board meeting discussing how the RPG Codex is potentially damaging to their revenue and how it is in their best interest to keep the lines to us severed.

Sucks for them that they can't keep all potential customers from seeing the truth we so aggressively bring to light.

It makes me feel like I'm a part of something special... *sniffle* :twisted:

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
From another thread:

dongle said:
Greatatlantic said:
EDIT: Upon looking at it some more, I think the point was to replace RPGCodex with "I really love Oblivion".
I'm prolly the last person to notice this, as I haven't posted on ESF recently. Try typing in "RPGcodex" or "RPG Codex" into a post and their bad-word filter changes it to "I love Oblivion" and "I really love Oblivion". Talk about a paranoid bunch of self-delusional idiots. Wow. That's really the last straw for me. I don't care if they finally release the tools I want, or if the entire modding scene goes through a revival, I'm never posting there again.

Direwolf

Arcane
So you reckon the whole concept was authorised from someone at the top of Bethesda or was just a side project of the moderators?

merry andrew

Erudite
Since we all know Todd screams "BOOBIES!!1" when exposed to nude breasts, this behavior doesn't seem too out of character.

jiujitsu

Cipher
I think they consider the Codex negative press which hurts sales if only just a little.

They don't like us and I'd be utterly shocked if they didn't make Fallout 3 as "Oblivion With Guns" just to spite this website.

Thrawn05

Scholar
Vault Dweller said:
From another thread:

dongle said:
Greatatlantic said:
EDIT: Upon looking at it some more, I think the point was to replace RPGCodex with "I really love Oblivion".
I'm prolly the last person to notice this, as I haven't posted on ESF recently. Try typing in "RPGcodex" or "RPG Codex" into a post and their bad-word filter changes it to "I love Oblivion" and "I really love Oblivion". Talk about a paranoid bunch of self-delusional idiots. Wow. That's really the last straw for me. I don't care if they finally release the tools I want, or if the entire modding scene goes through a revival, I'm never posting there again.

enlightenment.jpg

jiujitsu

Cipher
Apparently, the "I love Oblivion" in place of "RPGCodex" stuff is true. I just tested it, though any forum veteran knows how to get around that crap. :cool:

Inziladun

Magister
Well that's it. I'm done with the ESForums. I'm only going to go there, every once in awhile, to have a few laughs at the Emo threads that get posted Daily in the Community Discussion.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Shagnak said:
Wut?
So...have you guys been attacking me incessantly while I haven't been looking?
C'mon. Fess up.

Yeah, that's why we have forums devoted to those other genres. It's not because we actually play those games and discuss them as well, it's because we really hate them and lay in wait for someone to post in them so we can attack.

obediah

Erudite
Saint_Proverbius said:
Yeah, that's why we have forums devoted to those other genres. It's not because we actually play those games and discuss them as well, it's because we really hate them and lay in wait for someone to post in them so we can attack.

I've got a bag full of Nancy Drew adventure zingers! I pitty the poor schmuck that admits to playing them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom