Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What is teh Codex?

Lumpy

Arcane
I was thinking they might censor it, but I didn't really expect them to do it.
Also, fanboy is replaced by "a devoted Elder Scrolls fan".

"Oblivion sucks" is replaced by "The elder scrolls Oblivion is the greatest game in the history of the universe".

You know, this would make for an awesome Cyberpunk Deus-Ex-style game. Set in a happy, cheerfull future, where Uncle Todd provides the eager citizens with RPGs appealling to both the hardcore RPG crowd and the new breed of casual gamer. However, all is not as it seems.
Take control of former Toddling Frankie as he finds himself plunging into the murky world of the Resistance - RPGCodex. But even in the Codex, all is not well. Who is Vault Dweller? Why does he not reveal his true name, and why is he never seen in public - or seen speaking to Todd Howard? Who are the Spambots - sinister agents of Todd himself, or some independent group of terrorists?
Lead Frankie through over 20 hours of conspiracy, censorship and tubgirling. Will you choose to fight for the murky, dangerous Codex, or the bright artificial future of Bethesda?

Lurkar

Scholar
Admiral jimbob said:
"Oblivion sucks" is replaced by "The elder scrolls Oblivion is the greatest game in the history of the universe".

You know, this would make for an awesome Cyberpunk Deus-Ex-style game. Set in a happy, cheerfull future, where Uncle Todd provides the eager citizens with RPGs appealling to both the hardcore RPG crowd and the new breed of casual gamer. However, all is not as it seems.
Take control of former Toddling Frankie as he finds himself plunging into the murky world of the Resistance - RPGCodex. But even in the Codex, all is not well. Who is Vault Dweller? Why does he not reveal his true name, and why is he never seen in public - or seen speaking to Todd Howard? Who are the Spambots - sinister agents of Todd himself, or some independent group of terrorists?
Lead Frankie through over 20 hours of conspiracy, censorship and tubgirling. Will you choose to fight for the murky, dangerous Codex, or the bright artificial future of Bethesda?

I'd play it. Fuck, I might even buy it.

Also, the sudden round of censorship amongst the forums tells me that Bethesda sees their fanbase dropping, and they're trying to make the forums as positive as possible, even if it's done through force.

Lumpy

Arcane
And unless you change your site domain to www.I love Oblivion.com, say goodbye to links to the codex as well :D.

psycojester

Arbiter
You know the whole thing reminds me of brave new world.

Just replace the society with ESF and Codex with the island colonies

Sovy Kurosei

Erudite
kris said:
We should censor the "Bethesda" into "Police state".

While that is good for a chuckle it just makes talking about Bethesda more of a pain in the ass when you read Police state instead of Bethesda.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I love it. It's just too funny what they are doing, those ESF f(r)iends. Maybe the www.I love Oblivion.com frontpage should read something like this:

WELCOME TO RPG CODEX
RULES:
1. You don't talk about RPG Codex.
2. You don't talk about RPG Codex.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
"Pete, I'd just like to ask why can't I talk about I love Oblivion on ESF?"

"Please continue, my good sir."

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Something tells me Kathode was taking our propaganda posters and making them Todds desktop wallpaper, so Todd snapped...

HanoverF said:
Something tells me Kathode was taking our propaganda posters and making them Todds desktop wallpaper, so Todd snapped...

I really, really hope this is the case. If only because I can perfectly imagine Todd choking and spewing cracker crumbs over his keyboard as he logs on, then shrieking madly and spraying spit all over the monitor.

Pete: I saw a Codex Link yesterday.
Todd: Horrible links. I avoid them whenever I can.

FrancoTAU

Cipher
Admiral jimbob said:

It's all very "V is for Vendetta" which works with Vault Dweller.

That's hysterical that some Bethseda suit hates us that much that they placed a word filter in. I doubt we could possible hurt their sales all that much, but at least we damaged their internet cred. ;) I wonder if devs hate us or get a chuckle out our antics?

FrancoTAU said:
Admiral jimbob said:

It's all very "V is for Vendetta" which works with Vault Dweller.

That's hysterical that some Bethseda suit hates us that much that they placed a word filter in. I doubt we could possible hurt their sales all that much, but at least we damaged their internet cred. ;) I wonder if devs hate us or get a chuckle out our antics?

Ha ha ha.
V for Vaultdweller. It even rhymes. Sort of.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/inde ... pic=554357

Join the internet drama.

Edit: Too late. Almost hit 4 pages when they deleted the thread.

I started "I love Oblivion" thread with the following post:

"As you may already know by now, Bethesda has taken another step in its mighty struggle against RPG Codex. First, the links were outlawed, then any mention of the site wasn't welcome, and now the filters change the name of the site (go ahead, give it a try) into "I love Oblivion". It would be funny, if it wasn't kinda pathetic.

So, may I ask - very politely, mind you - who was the genius behind this idea, why it was implemented, and why Bethesda can't take criticism? How bad could the Codex influence be?"

It was fun, we should do it again sometime.

Jason

chasing a bee
Wow, that one actually got deleted as I was reading it. I went to page 3 and "Sorry, the link that brought you to this page seems to be out of date or broken." So paranoid.

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
Greatatlantic said:
Any chance that replies were saved? Maybe buried in a temp folder of sometimes computer? Dang I would love to have read through some of that.

The majority of the posts said along the lines of: "*censor test* haha, wow. that's pretty sad/immature/pathetic of bethesda to do that."

There really weren't many posts defending Bethesda's behavior.

psycojester

Arbiter
Maybe we could rent out a shed full of sweatshop labour to constanly repost the topic after its been deleted.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
VforCodex.jpg

Remember remember the 5th of Nov... er. Well that doesn't work.

I seriously cannot believe Bethesda is censoring the codex.

Has someone reported this to possibly a mainstream/semi-main stream webiste as a news article?

OccupatedVoid

Arbiter
They've even blocked their forums from bots so that you cannot archive it.

WE MUST MAINSTREAM OUR PROPAGANDA POSTERS! :)

Sovy Kurosei

Erudite
Greatatlantic said:
Any chance that replies were saved? Maybe buried in a temp folder of sometimes computer? Dang I would love to have read through some of that.

I saw the thread earlier and I was able to back it up and post it on my website.

http://imperialpower.net/sovys_stuff/co ... ivion1.htm
http://imperialpower.net/sovys_stuff/co ... ivion2.htm
http://imperialpower.net/sovys_stuff/co ... ivion3.htm

Enjoy. :wink:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom