Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What is the difference between being an oldfaq and being seriously oldfaq?

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
If your first RPG was Fallout, you're an oldfag. If your first RPG's were Wizardry, Ultima or Dungeon Master, you're seriously oldfag.

I'm glad this is cleared up now as an important issue in Site Feedback.

Frozen

Arcane
If your first RPG was Fallout, you're an oldfag. If your first RPG's were Wizardry, Ultima or Dungeon Master, you're seriously oldfag.

And if your first RPG was My little pony you are a wymn.

Cael

Arcane

*whacks LE with a walking stick*

Kids these days. No respect.

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
3k49s6.jpg

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
I'm just as confused as to all this boomer, zoomer, roomer, bloomer, xoomer shit. I thought boomer's were just old hippies. Turns out it's also anyone that doesn't follow Twitter, use ___ app on their phone, or sit around fapping to PewDiePie memes.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=boomer

Ok, that helps. Boomer's just slang for millennial fags to hate on anyone that's isn't cool enough to be born after 2000. Goddamn kids.

Alex

Arcane
Old faqs still followed the question/answer format, rather than being simply an informative text.

Seriously old fans actually used statistics to determine which questions to answer.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
An oldfag's first CRPGs were Wizardry, Ultima and the like.
A seriously oldfag played dnd on Plato mainframes in the 1970s.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
An oldfag's first CRPGs were Wizardry, Ultima and the like.
A seriously oldfag played dnd on Plato mainframes in the 1970s.
Were there any codexers who could have actually played the PLATO RPGs back in the day?

Zep Zepo is the oldest codexer I know who could have

Were there any codexers who could have actually played the PLATO RPGs back in the day?
The Codexer known as Tom Baker's Arse claims to have played The Dungeon (a.k.a. PEDIT5) on the PLATO network at the University of Illinois. +M

Thats right mate. Back in my down-to-my-ass hippie student days at U of I-UC (Urbana-Champaign). I was a novelty with the women on campus back in those days - an Irish grad student with long flowing red hair. Ah the memories of youth.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom