Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

What is this all about & FAQ

Discussion in 'The cRPG Player's Handbook' started by felipepepe, May 12, 2014.

1. Cazzeris Formerly Andross

Cazzeris
    Hey, most of his stuff looks great.

Will buy.

^ Top  
  2. Merlkir Arcane Developer

Merlkir
    Senpai noticed me!!!

(cover is being worked on in my head, should start drawing for reals next week)

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Zed Codex Staff Patron

Zed
    Codex USB, 2014
    draw something discreet please, I don't want a coffee table book that looks like a young adults novel

^ Top  
  4. felipepepe Prestigious Gentleman Codex's Heretic Patron

felipepepe
    We thought about two naked half-dragon girls holding a flaming floppy disk, is that discreet?

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  5. felipepepe Prestigious Gentleman Codex's Heretic Patron

felipepepe
    • Brofist Brofist x 8
    ^ Top  
  6. J_C One Bit Studio Patron Developer

J_C
    Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Very cool interview. Your english is pretty good for a foreigner. :D

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Darth Slaughter Arcane Patron

Darth Slaughter
    Divinity: Original Sin
    It's nice to hear an accent I probably have but i can't detect on myself.

Great interview!

^ Top  
  8. Johannes Arcane

Johannes
    Nethergate and Avadon games by Spidweb Software would be worth reviewing I think. Aleshar maybe, that might be too niche but some people would definitely be happy to know about it. And since Princess Maker 2 is in, include Long Live the Queen also?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. felipepepe Prestigious Gentleman Codex's Heretic Patron

felipepepe
    Long Live the Queen is mediocre, and misses a lot of the RPG aspects of PM2, such as exploration & combat. At most it deserves a one-line mention in PM2 review, IMHO.

Nethergade might be cool for the setting, but Avadon is really nothing special... I don't have enough pages to spend on every game Vogel makes.

^ Top  
  10. Johannes Arcane

Johannes
    Nethergate also has the "2 campaigns in 1 game" thing that's pretty unique. I agree that Avadon games are not special, I haven't played them - but they're still 100% full fledged RPGs unlike a lot of games already included. And they are quite different from his earlier games, in good or bad.

Of course you can't include every Vogel game as its own entry, there's 15 (21 counting remakes I think) of them after all, but including some mention of all his games seems sensible to me, with a section for each of the game series. If there was a similar game done by a different developer it'd get a review no doubt. Even if it was just 0,5 pages for Nethergate & remake and 0,5 pages for Avadon 1 & 2.

Oh and where's Wizardry 5? There's even no comment to mention it in Wiz4 review or such.

Edit: Also Barkley 2 may come out in time for the book?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. MicoSelva Prestigious Gentleman Don't call Abigail Patron

MicoSelva
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Just listened to this. Good interview. I like your enthusiasm. You have a cool accent, do not hesitate to use it. ;-)

^ Top  
  12. Captain Rufus Augur

Captain Rufus
    I still need to get my third revision of the Dungeon Hack review done. And then play more Might and Magic 3 so I can at least properly cover it. I charge my Turboduo up when I am playing SMS and Genesis or watching Blu Rays to keep my save. Maybe I shall get off my ass and get the revision done Wednesday night or Thursday since I really don't have any creative projects that MUST BE DONE this week. (Driving to malls with retro videogame stores in them while listening to podcasts does not count as a creative project. Its just fun thanks to podcasts and having a Garmin to help me get where I am going safely and easily.)

Bad enough I haven't even played any Wasteland 2 in like three weeks.

^ Top  
  13. Akratus Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole Patron

Akratus
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    I want it. I need it. I'm drooling.

[​IMG]

^ Top  
  14. felipepepe Prestigious Gentleman Codex's Heretic Patron

felipepepe
    • Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  15. Akratus Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole Patron

Akratus
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    I'm reading that right now. But I have this thing for books, as soon as I know I want it I want it physically, to look at it, display it on my shelf, smell it, and maybe even read it. I will 100% definitely order the physical copy.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  16. Captain Rufus Augur

Captain Rufus
    Nice to see things are still moving along. Even if I keep not playing Might and Magic 3. Fucking level XP reqs are absurd where I am at!
    I need to get that fire under my ass and stop playing MWO.

^ Top  
  17. Damn it, I screwed up big time, felipepepe, where the fuck is my edited version?

^ Top  
  18. felipepepe Prestigious Gentleman Codex's Heretic Patron

felipepepe
    Sorry, been really busy with this preview and now with sending press releases to every goddamn website out there... I'm going to my parents for teh holidays, but I'll send you the edited version as soon as I'm back, in January 1st.

Still, you can just send me a longer version and I'll edit it down, if you have the time to write now. :)

^ Top  
  19. I'm done with work for this year, so unless I have to study (I have to speak 2 foreign languages fluently by the end of the winter), I'm free to finish the review.

^ Top  
  20. Merlkir Arcane Developer

Merlkir
    (Work on the cover continues, still in the sketching phase.)

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Lord Azlan Arcane Patron Shitposter

Lord Azlan
    F me, I just downloaded the PDF and got incredibly excited reading through the first few sections.

Cue heavy breathing.

This was like reading a book about my life - bloody amazing.

I just wish this amazing history - my history - was not being lost to my children and the younger generation. Real interesting to read about the students reaction to the Ultima IV task -

It's strange that I can almost link important moments in my life to games that I was playing at the time.

How would anyone preserve all this history and seek to recapture it?

Felipepepe - you are amazing and a fantastic writer by the way,

I need to purchase this book when it is ready - probably two - one to read and one to preserve.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  22. felipepepe Prestigious Gentleman Codex's Heretic Patron

felipepepe
    Remenber that you're the artist here, so if you think the concept ain't working, or have a better idea, feel free to say so. ;)

And thanks for all the praise, Lord Azlan. :)

^ Top  
  23. lecrop Novice

lecrop
    Amazing work, Bravo!

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. vampiregrave Educated

vampiregrave
    Any chance of making an EPUB version?

^ Top  
  25. felipepepe Prestigious Gentleman Codex's Heretic Patron

felipepepe
    If I can figure out how to export it in a way the layout stays decent, I'll surely do.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.