Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What is this kid's problem?

Avian Mosquito

Educated
Okay then. That's a new one.

What, specifically, is new about that? It's not exactly rare for a little kid to make a comment about wanting to marry somebody. It's especially common in little girls. In this case, the person she said the person she wanted to marry was another girl, whose name I can't recall. Then, when I asked if she liked girls, she said yes, but boys too. And that was it.

This thread definitely should be about how a child can be a lesbian at 4.

No, it shouldn't, because that's a bullshit premise. Especially since she's bisexual, not a lesbian, and even then not really because the term is bullshit to begin with. (A: Sexual is never absolute. B: It shifts and varies over time. C: Labelling people is always a bad thing since they *never* perfectly fit the connotations of the label.)

Guys, can we stop talking about this? Please? It's off topic, pointless, and it's going nowhere.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
What, specifically, is new about that? It's not exactly rare for a little kid to make a comment about wanting to marry somebody. It's especially common in little girls. In this case, the person she said the person she wanted to marry was another girl, whose name I can't recall. Then, when I asked if she liked girls, she said yes, but boys too. And that was it.

No, it shouldn't, because that's a bullshit premise. Especially since she's bisexual, not a lesbian, and even then not really because the term is bullshit to begin with. (I really hate how people miss that sexuality is a gradient, and then insist on a: giving absolute labels for it, then b: judging people entirely by those labels and thus completely ignoring everything about them that doesn't fit those labels or else c: shame them for not perfectly conforming to the bullshit label that never should have existed in the first place.)
You're certainly a quite interesting specimen.

Could you take this test and post results?
http://www.celebritytypes.com/test.php

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Avian Mosquito sounds like a horrible person to pnp with.

"We have an alignment less system of play but our game session is centered around being moral and good and upstanding.. oh and if you don't play that way you are getting booted from the group."

"Did i mention how good this alignmentless system is bros"..

-----

ur probably one of those parents who badgered your kid from age 4 on about sexuality and other nonsense.

"Oh.. you like girls don't you.. congratulations for coming out the closet.. have some cake".. meanwhile kid is like.. huh.. cake.. lesbianamanism.. guud.

Avian Mosquito

Educated
Avian Mosquito sounds like a horrible person to pnp with.

"We have an alignment less system of play but our game session is centered around being moral and good and upstanding.. oh and if you don't play that way you are getting booted from the group."

"Did i mention how good this alignmentless system is bros"..

"Watch me fabricate a sentiment never expressed or supported in any way, and in doing so show my complete lack of understanding of the subject matter because I'm a fucking retard!" Yeah, great work dumbass. Really showing your character here.

As I said at the beginning, alignment systems are inherently flawed because they operate on the concept of black and white, objective morality, leaving no room for nuance, and insert labels on characters that then must be followed at all costs, cheapening the characters. Using a system without alignments DOES NOT MEAN that the game will have no morals, it just makes room for nuance, doesn't follow the idea that morality is objective, lets the players play REAL FUCKING CHARACTERS instead of one-dimensional props shallower than the typical NPC, prevents them from hiding behind their listed alignment when confronted, and lets everyone have their own opinion of each character based on their actions instead of giving one opinion of them listed on their character sheet that must NEVER BE QUESTIONED!

This guy was being evil. In a really useless, destructive way that did nobody, not even himself, any good. And everybody at the table is smart enough to observe his actions and then come to that conclusion on their own without it being listed on his character sheet.

EDIT: Your edit just makes it clear that all you intend to do is make assumptions that fit your predetermined notions of the subject matter, pull out anything even remotely related you can use to support it, and then ignore all evidence to the contrary. Then repeat the process again later, using this as an example, even though it only works as one if you bend it as hard as you can to make it one, and even then not really. Congrats, you are now in the same level of retardation as creationists, homophobes and racists.

Though I'm well aware that this practice is entirely normal, that doesn't make it any less incredibly stupid, now does it?

Last edited:

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Alignment systems don't force you into sterotypical roles about objective morality. If you feel trapped by your alignment then it means you are a crappy story teller or have a shitty imagination.

Alignment is there to assist newbies in playing pnp, which is what the majority of your player base consists of. Veteran players don't need alignment but you obviously do because of your inability to control your players actions.

EDIT: Your edit just makes it clear that all you intend to do is make assumptions that fit your predetermined notions of the subject matter, pull out anything even remotely related you can use to support it, and then ignore all evidence to the contrary. Then repeat the process again later, using this as an example, even though it only works as one if you bend it as hard as you can to make it one, and even then not really. Congrats, you are now in the same level of retardation as creationists, homophobes and racists.

I have no idea what kind of wishy-washy librul mental gymnastics is going on here but if you have a direct question or statement to make I will give you a direct reply.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
mjpopcornbitchplsjpg.gif

Avian Mosquito

Educated
Alignment systems don't force you into sterotypical roles about objective morality. If you feel trapped by your alignment then it means you are a crappy story teller or have a shitty imagination.

Oh yes they fucking do. Otherwise we wouldn't get quotes like "But why would an evil guy help somebody?" or "They aren't acting lawful, since they're not following local laws." or "But I'm a paladin, it says I'm lawful good on the character sheet." or my personal favourite "Goblins are evil, we should slaughter the whole village."

Alignment is there to assist newbies in playing pnp, which is what the majority of your player base consists of. Veteran players don't need alignment but you obviously do because of your inability to control your players actions.

Statement A is technically correct, but doesn't work that way in practice. Statement B is incorrect, nobody here has been playing pnp for less than five years. Statement C is true, but it misses the point. Statement D is entirely baseless, and statement E does not support it, not to mention shows a lack of understanding of plural and singular case.

I have no idea what kind of wishy-washy librul mental gymnastics is going on here but if you have a direct question or statement to make I will give you a direct reply.

Well then, retard, let me demonstrate.

ur probably one of those parents who badgered your kid from age 4 on about sexuality and other nonsense.

"Oh.. you like girls don't you.. congratulations for coming out the closet.. have some cake".. meanwhile kid is like.. huh.. cake.. lesbianamanism.. guud.}

Here we have an assumption to fit your pre-determined notions of the subject matter. You assume that I had decided my daughter was a lesbian, because you think she couldn't have been at that age. This is followed by an accusation based on said assumption, in which you basically call me a paedophile trying to force my daughter to be gay, because you sir are too stupid to understand how this whole thing works. But if I need to clarify, I will. I am tempted to give a quick dissertation on the epigenetic, hormonal, acquired and selected factors determining human sexuality, but I'm pretty sure it would amount to nothing against the impenetrable wall of ignorance surrounding your fragile little mind, so I'll just clarify on how this conversation went down.

Firstly, the conversation was started by her and driven by her. An hour earlier she heard somebody insulting her mother and I for not being married, and now that we were back home she asked what marriage was. I explained the basics, and she listened. Then she sat there for a minute, and at that point, she said "If I love somebody, I should marry them?" And I said "Only if you want to, nobody can make you do it. And it's really serious, so you need to make sure it's somebody you really, really love and will always love." I left out the part where I don't think that's a thing that exists. She thought for a moment. And then she said: "Well I love [redacted], so then I marry her?" I was not surprised to hear her say this, but I was surprised it was a girl she named. And then I asked "So, you like girls?" and she responded "Like?". And after enough attempts to get the use of the word "like" clear, this ended with me asking "So you like girls, instead of boys?" and her adding "No, boys too." And that was that. I ended the conversation there because it was just too awkward to keep going. I'm not entirely sure the "like" part was entirely communicated correctly, but either way, observing her interactions afterwards I came to the conclusion that (accidentally or otherwise) she had answered accurately.

Now, do you understand? Of course not. Can we get back on topic? Remains to be seen. Either way, I wholly intend to ignore any and all references to my daughter's sexuality from here on out because this entire topic is uncomfortable and I haven't wished to discuss it from the beginning.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Meh, I wrote up a bunch of crap in response but I give up.

Let me just sum everything up with a picture.
:whatho:

TheGreatOne

Arcane
Gets upset over seeing the NPC equivalent of vendor trash getting killed in an imaginary p&p game. Oh no, Sue the cheese vendor is done for! She had so much to live for, a fetch quest and atleast 4 lines of dialogue.
Sawyerist control freak
Talks about the sexuality of his underage daughter within the first few pages of his first thread
SJWs, SJWs never change.
:BriannaWuProsperFace:

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Maybe they just wanted to be a dragon?

No. I was designing a star wars campaign that would take place after the fall of the galactic empire and one guy constantly insisted he needed to be a quadruped dinosaur who was a force master and could use lightsabers and fly starships. To be fair that one guy wasn't really the biggest problem, it was mostly the overall passivity.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Also, this thread is a stellar example of Euro parenting at its finest.

Avian Mosquito

Educated
Also, this thread is a stellar example of Euro parenting at its finest.

Translated into visual format: :patriot:

I love seeing this backward nonsense, really. Oh yes, I love watching you all create your little headcanons about my life, because I can look at the actual thing and laugh at all the places you're wrong. For example, "Euro". I was born in Marysville, Washington, and still live in the same county where I was born and have never lived out of state, much less country. And I suppose you'd prefer the conservative parenting style? You know, 90% negligence, 10% child abuse? If so, you have my pity oncemore.

Oh dear, now we are down to flinging poos~

I just want to get back on topic.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Translated into visual format: :patriot:

I love seeing this backward nonsense, really. Oh yes, I love watching you all create your little headcanons about my life, because I can look at the actual thing and laugh at all the places you're wrong. For example, "Euro". I was born in Marysville, Washington, and still live in the same county where I was born and have never lived out of state, much less country. And I suppose you'd prefer the conservative parenting style? You know, 90% negligence, 10% child abuse? If so, you have my pity oncemore.

I just want to get back on topic.

Nice try Euro man. What's your deal anyway, trying to undermine God's Greatest Nation by pretending you're from Washington state?

Avian Mosquito

Educated
Nice try Euro man. What's your deal anyway, trying to undermine God's Greatest Nation by pretending you're from Washington state?

1. I am from Washington. Go ahead and check my IP address if you don't believe me. I'm sure somebody here can do it.
2. "God's greatest nation" in military spending alone. Also incarceration rates. And racial disparity in incarceration. Oh, and religious institutions. Now, in education, political transparency, social mobility and just about everything else actually good, near the bottom of developed nations. Though if you're a time traveler from the 1940s, then yeah. Greatest nation.
3. And as a libertarian, I'm pretty sure I would fucking hate living in Europe.
4. Funny thing though, I can't tell if you're serious or not. Poe's law.

TheGreatOne

Arcane
George Washington and the Washington redskins are rolling in their graves right now, laughing hysterically at this thread

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
1. I am from Washington. Go ahead and check my IP address if you don't believe me. I'm sure somebody here can do it.
2. "God's greatest nation" in military spending alone. Also incarceration rates. And racial disparity in incarceration. Oh, and religious institutions. Now, in education, political transparency, social mobility and just about everything else actually good, near the bottom of developed nations. Though if you're a time traveler from the 1940s, then yeah. Greatest nation.
5. r00fles!

Phage

Arcane
Manlet

1. Obviously using a proxy since you're a Euro (possibly north korean?) plant here to undermine Godmerica
2. Yes, only a Euro would say this.
3. As a libertarian I'm pretty sure you would fucking hate living anywhere
4. That's my secret, I'm always serious.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Now, the test:
http://www.celebritytypes.com/test.php
With percentages, yes.

ENFP
Hunter S Thompson and Mark Twain

E = 64%

N = 82%

F = 64%

P = 64%

fag site said:
Versatile, dynamic, and quirky, you are tireless in your pursuit of the untested, the untried, and the fight against the status quo. You love to interact with all kinds of people and you carry yourself in an expressive and warm manner that ideally sees lots of affirmation flowing both ways. Charismatic and imaginative, you tend to have a well-honed ability to see the world through the eyes of those who do not normally have an advocate to speak for them. You are interested in the potential of others and you often long to help them develop their own aspirations more fully. Ever-inquisitive and appreciative, you have a love of fantasy and adventure and are easily bored by the business-as-usual routines of the corporate and business world. Your own enthusiasm and energy for finding a new and better way arises spontaneously and can often be quite contagious. However, you tend to have little love for resolving the factual specifics of a case, preferring to work by pure inspiration and bursts of energy instead.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom