Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What is this kid's problem?

Avian Mosquito

Educated
If you're trying to go for realism why do women have +agility?

Because the female body is much more flexible than the male body. And agility in this system has flexibility as one of its key components.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Because the female body is much more flexible than the male body. And agility in this system has flexibility as one of its key components.

Why is flexibility a key component of agility? Women also aren't 'much more' flexible until you go into extreme contortionist maneuvers (which men can still do the majority of)

Meanwhile men have higher reaction times, greater motor skills, and can run faster. All of which are far more relevant in actual combat than pulling off some yoga move.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Also, why exactly do women have +Charisma?

By almost every empirical metric, men are better leaders, better negotiators and better at intimidation.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Play an awesome campaign in a shithole like Hive of Sigil or Thief's World, with murderous scumbags and thieves and people wanting to kill players everywhere, where even guards are assholes and bribing fucks.
Make players start as a gang or something.
Or play PostApoc where they are raiders.
Are you seriously trying to sell killing giant beetles to a bunch of teens.

...uh, well.....

anyway, you already have 2 teen lesbians and an asshole so good start for settings like those above.

Last edited:

Avian Mosquito

Educated
Play an awesome campaign in a shithole like Hive of Sigil or Thief's World, with murderous scumbags and thieves and people wanting to kill players everywhere, where even guards are assholes and bribing fucks.
Make players start as a gang or something.
Or play PostApoc where they are raiders.
Are you seriously trying to sell killing giant beetles to a bunch of teens.

...uh, well.....

anyway, you already have 2 teen lesbians and an asshole so good start for settings like those above.

The girls don't factor in, their lesbian sides manifest with sickeningly sweet, childish behaviour. Also, the asshole completely reformed. And the killing of the beetles, specifically scarabs of a couple forms (standard, gold and bronze), was supposed to sound like a chore. Frankly, it was a chore. Though less of a chore than most ratstompers, thankfully. Later enemies included things like a golden-scaled solar-beam crocodile (petsuchos), dogman assassins (anubites), and of course the clever, trickster sphinx the players decided to just fight instead of playing along with. Did I mention it was an Egyptian setting? Because it's an Egyptian setting.

EDIT:
Iranaeus, your approval fills me with shame.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
hot

Isis6.jpg

Shadenuat

Arcane
Hmm Egypt is ok but add more Rome to it, and maybe raging muslims. Or make it like in Rome series.

Next time run campaign in Byzantine Empire, the moment someone does something stupid you jail them and cut their eyes and balls off and then make them serve at the palace as royal eunuch.

History can be very educational and fun!

Last edited:

Avian Mosquito

Educated
Okay, the first one is from Age of Mythology. Which shows better taste than I had assumed from you. Suddenly, your approval doesn't fill me with quite as much shame.

Second, this is a bronze age setting, and it's not actually in Egypt, it's in the Egyptian afterlife.

Avian Mosquito

Educated
Let's just chill now.

Agreed. So, ancient Egypt. Like the monsters I came up with, based on their mythology? The sphinx is a given, but what of the others? The pug-sized giant scarabs (it was a sacred insect to them, but also a pest, kind of a contradiction if you ask me) that come in gold and bronze for the hell of it (bronze is better than standard in general resistances, gold has better energy resistance than bronze, but not being better against literally anything else), the anubite assassins (which maintain order in Anubis's realm by re-killing the disorderly dead, thus robbing them of everything they've accumulated) and the petsuchos (which are based on the god Sobek, and as servents of Sobek they too are dangerous and violent, but also protective and territorial, having both defensive traits to represent Sobek's protectiveness and offensive abilities to represent Sobek's aggressiveness), the Eyes of Ra (plural instead of the original singular, enforce Ra's will from affar, the only monsters here to be able to use sun powers without direct access to sunlight), and the pharoahs themselves (who were born human but were possessed by Horus, as he moved into their mind and fused into their body, giving them great power at the expense of their privacy and freedom).

Note: I'm not asking for your opinion, specifically, just opinions in general. Anybody can but in, and hopefully suggest ideas for improvement, but you like ancient Egypt, right?

On a completely unrelated sidenote, Sam may be 13, but she is a HELL of a cook. Who puts wine in pasta? Whoever came up with that idea should get a fucking MEDAL. Goes well with a glass amaretto.

Last edited:

J1M

Arcane
Didn't read pages 2-4. If OP still wants advice, here it is:

I can't tell you what the kid's problem is. The way to address the poor behavior is to reduce attention on his playtime. For example, when he gets dragged to the jail for bad behavior you leave his character in there for a good amount of time while the rest of the party has fun. After an hour of not having a real turn he might wise up. It sounds like your primary mistake was allowing him to continue running around in the spotlight when he took things off the rails. There's no reason he can't wait until the next gaming session for his character's court date with a judge.

Avian Mosquito

Educated
Didn't read pages 2-4.

Probably for the best. Went straight to hell immediately after that one guy suggested this kid was fucking my daughter and I corrected him. And that's all there is to say about that.

If OP still wants advice, here it is:

I can't tell you what the kid's problem is. The way to address the poor behavior is to reduce attention on his playtime. For example, when he gets dragged to the jail for bad behavior you leave his character in there for a good amount of time while the rest of the party has fun. After an hour of not having a real turn he might wise up. It sounds like your primary mistake was allowing him to continue running around in the spotlight when he took things off the rails. There's no reason he can't wait until the next gaming session for his character's court date with a judge.

Well, what I did was kill his character off in a way that both is realistic and he could do nothing to stop, make him sit out the rest of the session and restart with a new character at level 1. So, that accomplishes the same thing, right? Only it hits a bit harder, since he loses progress instead of just not progressing, right? And since you missed it, he reformed. And I think those issues were him fucking with me to see my response.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
OP, I don't blame the kid for disrupting your campaign, because your campaign was shit from the beginning. In games, as in reality, people want to feel important. When an NPC sends them to do a chore that she's perfectly capable of doing on her own, but just can't be fucked to, why should the players be fucked to? If you don't give them fun, they'll make their own. The dude probably only "reformed" because he's plowing your daughter and doesn't want to get on your bad side.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
OP, I don't blame the kid for disrupting your campaign, because your campaign was shit from the beginning. In games, as in reality, people want to feel important. When an NPC sends them to do a chore that she's perfectly capable of doing on her own, but just can't be fucked to, why should the players be fucked to? If you don't give them fun, they'll make their own. The dude probably only "reformed" because he's plowing your daughter and doesn't want to get on your bad side.

You missed the part where he convinced the daughter at the age of 4 she was a lesbian and now she has a girlfriend that she sleeps with at the age of 13. Girl is also 'a hell of a cook' too apparently.

Self-Ejected

Yuri Gagarin

Self-Ejected
Yeah, why? Did I not set my DOB to show on my profile? September 18, 1995. Excuse me while I go set that.
So you were 13 yo in 1998. That meas you have 29 years? And you have a 13 years old daughter. So that means you procreated her when you were 15 o 16?

Edit: Damn you, Phage.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom