Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What is this kid's problem?

Papa Môlé

Arcane
Subjective morality does mean no morality.

At least as far as anyone outside your own head is concerned.

Xathrodox86

Arbiter
That kind of guy is colloquially known as a "murderhobo." :popamole:

Yes it is. OP you've got a classic type of "that guy" in your party. He's the person who will exploit every rule, min-max the shit out of his character and generally try to advance his status by any means nescessary. Belive me when I say this, you don't want to play with him. He'll turn your life and the lives of your other players into living hell. You'll stop having fun very, very soon and will actually be anxious and irritated each time you'll play with him. I'm a DM myself for 5+ years and had a similar guy runing my sessions for 3 of those years. Finally I've kicked him out and it was the only way to stop his faggotry from ruining our games forever.

Now I'm not saying you should immidieatly kill his ass. Take him to the side and talk to him, calmly explaining why he should change his attitude. If that won't help than get rid of him. Fast.

DraQ

Arcane
And that the less a woman wears the better protected she is. (She would be better off naked than in typical fantasy armour. She wouldn't be significantly less protected, and she wouldn't be restricted.) And so on.
Actually, even if it wasn't restricting, chaffing or otherwise uncomfortable, the kind of arrangement of straps that is usually worn by heroines (and male barbarian heroes) in pulpy fantasy would probably be pretty deadly to the wearer.
Picture your mostly naked body adorned with only a sparse arrangement of straps and whatnot. Now picture a grazing thrust or projectile attack, or anything involving a pointy object almost, but not quite missing you (as would be typical in the case of borderline successful dodge).
If you were totally naked it would slide off your body causing superficial lacerations or possibly even failing to break the skin.
However, since you're wearing a bunch of straps the attack might then catch on one of the straps and be redirected below it, into your body, ending with incoming object lodged into the, much deeper, wound and trapped below your awsum barbarian harness or sexy bikini armor. Ouch.

Meh. Labels are pretty much exclusively a communication tool. They also have utility in all sorts of formal, symbolic thinking (like math or logic) which is useful for tackling problems bigger than can be fitted into man's mind and may provide powerful tools for tackling real world problems (again, math). Using them in any other way or for any other purpose is a folly.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Only read the first couple of posts since I'm slacking off at work. My apologies if this was already brought up:

My campaigns usually have the house rule that new player characters are brought back at -1 level (or level 1) of whatever their old character was. XP for being lower level means they'll (eventually) catch up.
If you just keep letting the world react in a believable fashion to his murderhobo antics (and kill him off a few times as a result), he'll eventually be so far behind in levels that he no longer poses a threat to npcs you meet. :P

Plus you get to mock his impotence mercilessly. That's always a bonus.

Absalom

Only read the first couple of posts since I'm slacking off at work. My apologies if this was already brought up:

My campaigns usually have the house rule that new player characters are brought back at -1 level (or level 1) of whatever their old character was. XP for being lower level means they'll (eventually) catch up.
If you just keep letting the world react in a believable fashion to his murderhobo antics (and kill him off a few times as a result), he'll eventually be so far behind in levels that he no longer poses a threat to npcs you meet. :P

Plus you get to mock his impotence mercilessly. That's always a bonus.
Brother, the thread has gone... places since the first couple posts. It's worth reading in its entirety.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Looks like the OP got bored of his own shenanigans. It was a jolly good thread for a bit though.

:4/5:

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Indeed. It was the best of rolls. It was the worst of rolls. Dickens would be proud. I say we keep this thread going forever.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I was born in Marysville, Washington, and still live in the same county where I was born and have never lived out of state, much less country.

Typical Eurofag--full of condescending stereotypes and always injecting unnecessary vowels where they don't belong. And this asshole picked a city that was in the news not too long ago for just the sort of thing Eurofags masturbate to.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Typical Eurofag--full of condescending stereotypes and always injecting unnecessary vowels where they don't belong. And this asshole picked a city that was in the news not too long ago for just the sort of thing Eurofags masturbate to.
I guess he is a Drog alt after all D: .

Caleb462

Educated
Actually, yes, you're supposed to throw out the rules when they get in the way of telling a good story.

Just admit you're a bad GM and accept the kid boned your game just as easily as he's boning your daughter while you're busy watching and replying to this thread.

Three cheers for this. Hahaha. Best reply.

Horus

Arcane
Istanbul-Constantinople-Byzantium-Piece of land.
I believe I called him a murderhobo twice in the campaign. He responded with "Hey, I bought a house." Which he did, about when he hit level 5. Not the nicest place, just one room, but it works.
This response tells me that kid likes to mess around with your game and trying to troll your group. Best way to deal with this shit is not in the game but actually out of it. Just talk with him in a secluded place without the rest of the group and tell how the group doesn't like his antics and while he's enjoying it himself, he's causing trouble to all the others in the group. If that doesn't work, you might wanna look at the bear trap prices at your nearest stores.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I believe I called him a murderhobo twice in the campaign. He responded with "Hey, I bought a house." Which he did, about when he hit level 5. Not the nicest place, just one room, but it works.
This response tells me that kid likes to mess around with your game and trying to troll your group. Best way to deal with this shit is not in the game but actually out of it. Just talk with him in a secluded place without the rest of the group and tell how the group doesn't like his antics and while he's enjoying it himself, he's causing trouble to all the others in the group. If that doesn't work, you might wanna look at the bear trap prices at your nearest stores.

You don't reason with trolls children Horus.

Just keep murdering him and do what Ulminati was suggesting.

hivemind

I didn't quite know what to say to that. Sam chimed in with "And that would be wrong.". My head stopped spinning, and I added "Kid, this is just a starter quest, to give you some XP before you get onto the plot.". And he responded with "Yeah, but she's worth more XP than those beetles anyway.". And sure, that was correct, the woman was worth 300xp and the beetles were 140 between the nine of them. I pointed out that there was quest XP as well, he pointed out it was only 100xp and she was still worth 25% more than the whole quest. I started making a moral argument, and he said "But there's no alignment system, so there's no right and wrong.", and I gave up. I'm pretty sure he knew damn well that "subjective morality" does NOT mean "no morality" and was just trying to rationalize being a bastard to NPCs. I had to tell him they were within sight of the town wall and a couple other farms, and this action would end in a TPK, to get him to drop it.
What the fuck.
How can you use "it gives you more exp" as a reason to do something? That doesn't sound very roleplayish.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
What the fuck.
How can you use "it gives you more exp" as a reason to do something? That doesn't sound very roleplayish.
If you're living in a bizarre nightmare world where the only way anyone gets better at anything is by killing stuff, murdering someone for their XPs is perfectly in character
:troll:

Black

Arcane
Read the thread a bit further and didn't see anyone asking- what's your secret to being old enough to have a 13yo daughter but still being able to gather young, energetic, fluffy kids around you of various sexual orientations?
I could become a millionaire with that knowledge in proper circles :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom