Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What is your favorite game of all time?

Swigen

Arbiter
Man, there’s a lot of great games out there but I guess if I have to choose a favorite, for me the only clear choice is...

Time Crisis
TIMECRIS--Time_Crisis_Rev_TS2_VerB_Apr24_12_59_14_1024x1024.png

This gaem? Lemme tell you about this game. This game is the first popamole game where you get to be the popamole. In an uncharacteristic stroke of genius, Namco realized there was no light gun games where the player gets to hide and pop out but that all changed with Time Crisis!

time-crisis-2-instructions-after.jpg

latest

The home version’s cover system utilized a button on the gun in lieu of the arcade’s foot pedal. It’s probably the greatest light gun game ever made and was a viable alternative to IRL shooting if you didn’t wanna waste hundreds of dollars and annoy yore neighbors like some kinda asshole.

Insert Title Here
Elona, it ruined roguelikes for me because there's no reason to play any others while it exists, and the RP potential is boundless. The coziness of my goblin farmer's country estate, whiling away the days fishing and cooking and stealing god tier equipment from visiting adventures, will never be topped.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Don't know if it's my favourite game of all time, but if I had only one game I could play forevermore; it would be BG1. Other games pull at different levels of interest though.
Mechwarrior & Commander series: because blokes are interested in things.
Shogun 1 & 2: because 1 was a great strategy game, and 2 was probably one of the greatest examples of a sequel building on/evolving on the first game I've seen. It also had culture and it was high functioning.
Syndicate 1 & 2: as above, but with cyborgs. Syndicate Wars also had some top-tier writing regarding corporate espionage, and the science / biology of implants.
Thief 1 & 2: Nailed atmosphere, playstyle, game got harder, character and story got more interesting.
Deus Ex: Not as good as Thief, but almost for the same reasons.
Assassins Creed, Ezio Trilogy: because I'm part Sicilean, the gameplay, culture, and story was fun. And the had some interesting swear words in there that I'm amazed made it in.
Dawn of War 1 & 2: If you don't enjoy these games you shoudn't be gaming.
Dawn of War Mark of Chaos & Chaos March: Fukk you, they were good games.

All the usualy RPGs from Blackisle and Troika for all the known reasons.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom