Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What RPGs have you played in the last 7 days?

In the last 7 days..

• I have played RPGs

Votes: 66 75.0%
  • I only pretend to like RPGs

Votes: 22 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Dungeon Rats for me while I await next update for Colony Ship. Doing Solo/Hard run. Just finished Reinard fight:

After that will be Easy/10 CHA for achievement. Then I need to figure out how I'm going to approach Hard/Iron Man. One of my friends already finished his run. So I'm confident that if he can do it, so can I. We'll see though.

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
In the last two and a half weeks I beat poe1 and 2 and Disco Elysium for the first time. They were all decent but after playing them I'm wondering why I bother playing rpgs instead of just reading books.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Gothic 2
Monster Sanctuary
Xenogears
Wartile
Lords of Xulima
Dust and Salt
Dungeon Encounters
Shadows of Adam

yeah I rotate way too many games at once

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
5sddwy.jpg

thesecret1

Arcane
I've been playing heavily modded New Vegas. Crazy what the modders managed to do with the game over the years, really impressive work.

Bloodeyes

Arcane
I've been playing Kingmaker obsessively for a while now on a near daily basis. I go through phases of actually playing games. When I get into one I really get into it, but in periods between I don't really game much at all. I'm going to guess that yes, in fact most people here do play RPGs. Post this thread in one of the off topic boards and see what results you get.

Also not having gamed in the last week isn't a very valid measure. Many people here are older and have jobs and families.

Falksi

Arcane
  • Avernum: Escape from the pit - thoroughly fucking loved it. Got around 25 hours in and fucked my party build up by experimenting, so putting it to one side now and restarting in a few weeks.
  • Albion: Loving it so far.
  • Warsong: 3/4's of the way through the campaign. Great for dibbing in & out of. Wank AI but brill game.
  • Dragon View: First time trying it. Was average, but worth giving it a blast. Got a lot of nice stuff about it, but just too formulaic and shallow for my tastes. The 3-D sections are laughably wank.

Peachcurl

Cipher
  • A bit of path of exile for some more or less mindless action.
  • Bard's Tale IV. Maybe not the best, but definitely the most unique and charming example of the blobber renaissance, as far as I am concerned. I'm enjoying it alot. Again.

Tihskael

Learned
I pick up a game, figure out the game loop and put it down after a couple of hours. I don't think I am depressed, just think I have seen it all and I am only 23 for crying out loud. Maybe one of these days a game will come and pique my interest for dozens of hours so that I can hopefully see it through the end. Elden Ring and Todd's Starfield might be able to do that, hopefully...I don't know.
:negative:

Dodo1610

Arcane
Disciples Liberation.
24h in and still having fun. Pretty much the Kings Bounty with more CRPG stuff I had hoped for.

Falksi

Arcane
I pick up a game, figure out the game loop and put it down after a couple of hours. I don't think I am depressed, just think I have seen it all and I am only 23 for crying out loud. Maybe one of these days a game will come and pique my interest for dozens of hours so that I can hopefully see it through the end. Elden Ring and Todd's Starfield might be able to do that, hopefully...I don't know.

I think you need to dig a bit deeper dude. Yeah most games have a loop, but a lot are still great despite that. It's a bit like saying you don't like songs because you've heard the same 12 notes and the same chord progressions before, the enjoyment is in the full package.

What CRPGs which you've played do you think fall into this category?

Tihskael

Learned

I think you need to dig a bit deeper dude. Yeah most games have a loop, but a lot are still great despite that. It's a bit like saying you don't like songs because you've heard the same 12 notes and the same chord progressions before, the enjoyment is in the full package.

Avadon, Serpent in the Staglands, Outer Worlds, Deus Ex are some of the games I remember losing all the excitement for after a couple of hours. Deus Ex is the most engaging of them all, I just could not pick it up later when I wanted to. Elex is the only RPG I recently went in with low expectations, which surprisingly didn't disappoint me. I think I would play it for a little while longer and see how things pan out.

perfectslumbers

Arbiter

Avadon, Serpent in the Staglands, Outer Worlds, Deus Ex are some of the games I remember losing all the excitement for after a couple of hours. Deus Ex is the most engaging of them all, I just could not pick it up later when I wanted to. Elex is the only RPG I recently went in with low expectations, which surprisingly didn't disappoint me. I think I would play it for a little while longer and see how things pan out.

I think you're burnt out. If I spend too much time playing games I just get sick of games in general, then I take a break from them for a few months and when I come back they're the next coming of christ.

Tihskael

Learned

I think you're burnt out. If I spend too much time playing games I just get sick of games in general, then I take a break from them for a few months and when I come back they're the next coming of christ.
In this pandemic, what else is there to life other than movies, video games and TV shows?

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
In this pandemic, what else is there to life other than movies, video games and TV shows?

Well... reading i guess. You could pick up something creative, start dming a ttrpg, start painting, write short stories, draw, start a youtube channel. These things are all refreshing changes from consuming that can enrich your life while stuck inside.

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Battlefield 4 has classes and it's older than your kids. That makes it a classic RPG. Deal with it. #sorrynotsorry

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom