Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What RPGs have you played in the last 7 days?

In the last 7 days..

• I have played RPGs

Votes: 66 75.0%
  • I only pretend to like RPGs

Votes: 22 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ShaggyMoose

Savant
Finished Tyranny on Disfavoured path; interested to try again on the rebel path and try to make slightly less shitty decisions, but not for a while...

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I played a little of Wasteland 2 until the game bugged out and wouldn't let me save or move my characters after 1.5 hours of (unsaved) exploration. The game literally froze when I hit the save button. What a buggy piece of shit.

Other than that, I've been playing a little bit of Nioh each day. The game feels like a poor man's Dark Souls, but there's just enough charm to the game to encourage me to push through to the end. I'm on the cat boss now.

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
I've been gaming like crazy, really enjoying myself. I have this new technique, playing 5 episodes (35-55 minutes each) of a certain game for my youtube channel, and then moving to another game. Then when those 5 videos eventually are live, i play 5 more eps of each game and so on. So in the last 7 days I've played a few hours a piece of:

NWN:EE - Return To The Spine module
Might & Magic X - Legacy
Wyvern
Undernauts: Labyrinth Of Yomi
The Great Gaias
Icewind Dale: EE
Dragon's Dogma

and still going! This helps me make progress in many games at once rather than just playing one game. Hope u guys are enjoying RPGs, man, they are such a blessing! :)

Last edited:

dacencora

Mostly been playing Tales of Arise. Great game! I’ve also been playing some roguelikes when I don’t feel like doing story stuff in ToA. Mostly Rogue Fable III (a lot of fun) but also Mortal Glory.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Playing Icewind Dale 2 currently. Never finished it back in the day, and what can I say? I'm really enjoying myself. So far everything have felt well designed and the missions have been fun. Really liked the orc/goblin fort.

Atlet

Arcane
Vatnik
Wizardry 7, most challenging rpg I ever played. Might post the maps I drawed, I'm very proud of them, specially because I never mapped rpgs before.

Codex Year of the Donut
starpoint gemini 2
anytime you do anything a new tutorial pops up

I fucking hate ingame tutorials

just found a new tutorial by mousing over part of the UI.
:deadtroll:

every fucking space game has the same problem with convoluted controls and 300 million tutorials, do the devs of these games even play other games

Last edited:

Berengar

Learned
Finished an Age of Decadence playthrough as a conniving backstabber and started Darklands. Terrible at Darklands but I still need to give the manual a proper read and all that. Liking it though.

Skdursh

Savant
Call of Saregnar Demo
Chronicles of Myrtana Archolos
and I'm not sure if it's *technically* a RPG, but I feel like it counts - The Dark Mod

Jinn

Arcane
Been playing Siege of Avalon properly for the first time. Had messed around with the free first chapter a bit back when it came out, but never gave the whole thing a fair chance until now. It has its fair share of problems, but overall its managed to charm me. Cool setting with the feeling of being trapped and the impending doom of invasion and slaughter creating a unique atmosphere. Really good writing that is never a chore to read, despite there being quite a bit of it. Challenging at times, with tolerable but poor combat that is propped up by meaningful stats and progression. Either way, it's hitting the spot pretty well for me right now, and I would go so far as to call it a flawed gem.

starpoint gemini 2
anytime you do anything a new tutorial pops up

I fucking hate ingame tutorials

just found a new tutorial by mousing over part of the UI.
:deadtroll:

every fucking space game has the same problem with convoluted controls and 300 million tutorials, do the devs of these games even play other games

Interested to read some thoughts on it the further in you get. I've always been tempted because of the sad lack of space-based RPGs, but have always led to believe it's pretty mediocre overall.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

Darth Canoli

Arcane
What mod would it be? I'm thinking of trying some OpenXCom mods.

I have my eyes on the 40K mod which is called 40K and there's a submod for it as well but apparently, latest build is one month old and they're not compatible with the latest openxcom build.

submod

So, I don't know, should I wait a bit or not, I never played it but someone talked about it or answered me a while ago on the UFO thread in the tactics subforum.
I think it was Galdred.

Last edited:

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Been testing stuff in Fallout 1, Fallout 2, and the 3 or 4 big FO mods by the russkies, but only in preparation for doing a complete playthrough of Fallout 1, patched to the modern era but nothing too retarded... basically vanilla but with widescreen at its near-original resolution and extensive fixes/uncensoring (how on earth can any DECENT human being wish to patch out and eliminate children from these games; they're our future, the little fuckers!). One thing I remember about my first (only) playthrough of Fallout 1 on Windows 95/98 back in the day was how frequently it crashed to desktop. I'm sure it will still crash to desktop a shit-ton of times even with the new patches but I really want that pure, vanilla experience or as close to it as I can get

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
All weeb sex games. I'm comparing them. It is 3 gog games vs 1 itchio battle brothel game.... who willcome out on top. Stay tuned! And stay lubed!

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
Wizardry 7, most challenging rpg I ever played. Might post the maps I drawed, I'm very proud of them, specially because I never mapped rpgs before.

Another retarded sudaco.

Worthless mongrels.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom