Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What RPGs have you played in the last 7 days?

In the last 7 days..

• I have played RPGs

Votes: 66 75.0%
  • I only pretend to like RPGs

Votes: 22 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Saerain

Augur
Patron
I think I've only been making RPGs since like... Dragon Age, or Human Revolution if you count it. Not making anything worth a damn, but it's at least more stimulating for this old brain.

I mean, yes, I've popped into every RPG released since then, but popped out faster than a chode from a roastie.

Last edited:
Playing through ELEX, with the overhaul mod ( I never want to play badly balanced games unmodded ) for the first time on pc but on my 55' TV with 5.1 sound. Truly stunning game with all the sights that you can access with the jetpack. And I love all the factions and towns and quest. Playing Cleric level 33 chapter 3 around 55 hours in. I did nearly all quest in all factions before picking cleric.

Going to play Risen 1 next!

Tihskael

Learned
Avadon, Serpent in the Staglands, Outer Worlds, Deus Ex are some of the games I remember losing all the excitement for after a couple of hours.
Try out Bloodlines, if you haven't. I think it's the more accessible of these games. Roll a Tremere and go all in on Thaumaturgy.

. Okay game I guess, feels like it was made for mobilephones though.
Oh yeah. The interface doesn't help either. Stick with it though. It has an intriguing story to tell about politics, dragons, fallen heroes, and wyrm talk.
I have beaten Bloodlines. Very good game other than the endless enemy lobbies & shitty boss fights towards the end and yeah that kick in the balls ending.

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Betrayal at Krondor - Near the end of Chapter 1 just trying to collect everything and build up skills, but wondering if it is worth the grinding?

Chapter 1 can be challenging when you're new to it. But don't try to metagame it too much. Just follow your orders and go to Krondor. There's multiple ways to get there, but there's no need to "grind" on any of them. This is a game from back when they would let you go anywhere and create content for it. That doesn't mean you have to do it all. In fact, since there's no level-scaling, if you do too much grinding too early then you're just gonna get overpowered and it makes the rest of the game boring.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Got 1.1k hours in Underrail. Currently on a break due to earlier frustration with 2 separate sword builds. Third time's the charm, right?

kain30

Cipher
I have been playing P:WOTR since it came out. I have finished lich path and about to finish swarm. I did stop playing it to play lake and then happy game. Tomorrow i'll be back to it

BarãodoDesterro

Educated
Finished "Final Fantasy" (PlayStation remake) last week. Took nearly four months to finish it; my party was composed by four red wizards: while the game was somewhat easy, I had to grind by the end because my party kept getting wiped by Leviathan (funnily enough, the air boss and Chaos were easier than the water boss, even after getting Masamune). Since I burned out grinding, I was playing only minutes by week and kept returning to "Europa Universalis IV".

Started "Final Fantasy XIII" today; feels like a much better "Final Fantasy X" so far.

Beans00

Augur
I think i finished wl3 exactly 7 days ago. I didn't like it at first but liked it by the end.
It took me 4 days to beat torchlight(6.1 hours). Standard diablo clone

Started gothic 3 yesterday, not that far in and not particularly enjoying it. Maybe I'll finish it and maybe I won't.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
I'm still forcing myself to get through cringefinder. I also played a bit of Sword and Fairy 7 this week because ray tracing.

Contagium

Savant
Patron
Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark

Chrono Trigger on PC just to see how it translates. I'll just fire up the SNES if I feel the need to play it in the future

Neo_viral

Barely Literate
Might and Magic X
Testing if Ubi`s`s DRM removal worked and thought might as well take another brief run through it for a while.Currently at the Lighthouse third level.

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Some of you guys playing 5+ games in parallel, wow. I could never do that sort of thing, I'd just get massively confused. 1 book, 1 tv series and 1 game for me at any given time, and that's it.

Monkeyfinger

Cipher
Some of you guys playing 5+ games in parallel, wow. I could never do that sort of thing, I'd just get massively confused. 1 book, 1 tv series and 1 game for me at any given time, and that's it.

2 games is pretty comfortable, beyond that crazytown.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom