Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What RPGs have you played in the last 7 days?

In the last 7 days..

• I have played RPGs

Votes: 66 75.0%
  • I only pretend to like RPGs

Votes: 22 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Red Hexapus

Learned
Prey and Mooncrash. It was a nice experience, although quite easy even with Survival options switched on. You can clearly see from where it took its inspiration (SS2)

Last edited:

Atlet

Arcane
Vatnik
Wizardry 7, most challenging rpg I ever played. Might post the maps I drawed, I'm very proud of them, specially because I never mapped rpgs before.

Another retarded sudaco.

Worthless mongrels.

He is having a meltdown because everyone is laughing about him in the blobber thread, now he is downvoting each and every post I made. LOL what a sperg:

x9dPsCR.png

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!

Modron

Arcane
Been playing fan translated Kurohyou 2: Ryu ga Gotoku Ashura Hen, running out of things Yakuza to play. Hope we get their Fist of the North Star and Judgement games on pc properly (perhaps that new modelling agency head honcho is less autistic than the previous one).

Bastardchops

Augur
Patron
He is having a meltdown because everyone is laughing about him in the blobber thread, now he is downvoting each and every post I made. LOL what a sperg:
He was so butthurt that he also sought out my posts in other threads to rate them retarded.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I've just finished Disco Elysium.

It was fantastic. Goes in my top 10 of all time. It's oozing that sweet sweet self-reflecting melancholy, and does that aspect even better than Planescape Torment I think.

It isn't worth much in terms of active gameplay, but not every game can be everything. For that, ELEX and Prey have been stellar recently.

theLorry

Educated
I started playing Phantasie 3 yesterday. Fuck that game. I loved it as a kid because my brother had it on his Amiga and I wasn't allowed to play it. So I made a cool party and started my grand adventure heading west on the map. After a while I thought it was strange that I didn't encounter any enemies. Then, as the first encounter, my noob party was beset by 4 blue dragons and wiped. Great. So i got good and rolled a new party (i.e. I cheated and maxed out all stats and gave them shit-hot gear). Once more I ventured forth (heading westwards) and fucking again I was fucking attacked by five fucking blue dragons as the first fucking encounter and party-wiped. Fuck that game.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
I started playing Phantasie 3 yesterday. Fuck that game. I loved it as a kid because my brother had it on his Amiga and I wasn't allowed to play it. So I made a cool party and started my grand adventure heading west on the map. After a while I thought it was strange that I didn't encounter any enemies. Then, as the first encounter, my noob party was beset by 4 blue dragons and wiped. Great. So i got good and rolled a new party (i.e. I cheated and maxed out all stats and gave them shit-hot gear). Once more I ventured forth (heading westwards) and fucking again I was fucking attacked by five fucking blue dragons as the first fucking encounter and party-wiped. Fuck that game.

Well, beginning adventurers should not walk about in the wilderness. In fact there's not even any in-game reason to explore the overland in P3 since you soon get the Transportation spell. There's also the Evaluate Monsters spell that tell you the level of monster in an area.
A new party should head into the Archives.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

Do you know how us older Codexers rail about level-scaling? So Phantasie 3 was published before all that non-sense. Think of the difficulty of that area as a sort of artificial barrier that you are not able to break yet. Once your new party gets some levels and equipment updates under your belt, you can decide whether or not you can take those dragons. Maybe you take them on when they are still difficult, but you think you might have a clever way of beating them and gaining rewards beyond what was meant for your current level. Maybe you decide to grind in other zones until you can easily curb-stomp them upon your return, but then find the rewards dull. Either way, it leads to an openness of the game world and more decisions on your part on how you want to approach defeating the game.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
He was so butthurt that he also sought out my posts in other threads to rate them retarded.

He did the same to all of us who downvoted his blobber retardation. I haven't seen a meanest little butthurt bitch here on the Codex.

You should form a coping circle with the other faggots, Dorkozric.

rating_lulz.gif

I have no feelings, I'm dead inside. What point you fucking jealous idiot, you're the one who spammed this thread with your retardation.

Oh I remember, you're also the one who said that Plato's stories about Atlantis were fan service and Fate of Atlantis is the most overrated adventure of all time.

But I won't suggest you to not breath, on the contrary, I suggest you put a fish dildo gently up your ass like the good anime avatar you are.

Beta-faggot.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Going through the IE games again, and thought I'd powergame a bit by creating potions that give permanent effects as per feats in 3rd edition. It's fun. ;)

Can't imagine what response I'd get from Lilura if she was still posting.

Humbaba

Arcane
Atom RPG. Not done yet, but it 100% nails the "Russian Fallout" bit. Everything that was good and shit about Fallout is in there, mixed with a familiar dosage of eastern bloc groundedness and depression. Though it is a lot more open world-y than I remember Fallout being.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom