Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What the fuck are you playing right now?

Dickweed

Educated
Emotional Vampire said:
You play stealth action games to sit and listen to codec/cutscenes more than you're actually playing?

Sure is denial in here.
PROTIP: Press the start button to skip cutscenes. Of course you wouldn't want to do that BECAUSE THEN YOU WOULD MISS OUT ON THAT PRECIOUS PLOT ABOUT HOW SUPERNATURAL BADGUYS WORKING FOR SOME KIND OF UBER BAD WANT TO STEAL THE FORT KNOX OR SOME SHIT ALSO EVERYONE IS A CLONE OF EVERYONE ELSE

EMOTIONAL VAMPIRE WOULD LIKE IT MORE IF IT WAS BASED IN THE TWILIGHT UNIVERSE

Dickweed said:
THAT PRECIOUS PLOT ABOUT HOW SUPERNATURAL BADGUYS WORKING FOR SOME KIND OF UBER BAD WANT TO STEAL THE FORT KNOX OR SOME SHIT ALSO EVERYONE IS A CLONE OF EVERYONE ELSE

my job here is done

MetalCraze

Arcane
Combat Mission: Shock Force

I like it.

laclongquan said:
I am playing Jagged Alliance 2, mod 1.13. The hardest setting can fuck you extremely hard.

Huh I remember there was a typo in the INI file. I don't know if it was fixed since last time I've played it - but at the time on the Experienced level Deidranna had 400 men in the beginning, on the Expert - 600 and on the insane 8000.

laclongquan

Arcane
mod 113 became extremely customizable. You can change how many she had in each difficulty level, and all kinds of shits. The Insane mode is newly added to, along with lotsa other stuffs. If you feel like

Turnbased-combat squad-management old-school-goodness

you can try Jagged Alliance2 mod 1.13

Mogar

Scholar
baronjohn said:
I'm playing CAVE STORY. It's not that great but i'm bored.

It's an alright game. The only difficult levels in it are its Secret Cave and Sacred Grounds areas, though you have to do some pretty out there stuff to get to those areas.

Luzur

Good Sir
going to install this free indie RPG i found yeasterday, Yendorian Tales.

EDIT: cant spell worth shit today, it seems. :x

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Chaos Legion and Brigandine.

Brigandine is pretty easy, but becomes somewhat challenging if you start imposing some arbitrary rules on yourself. Currently trying to win without manual control during battle, instead relying on superior team construction and picking my battles while the woefully inept AI does the fighting.

Chaos Legion is just awesome. Smashy action the way it ought to be: Simple, frantic, and unforgiving.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Playing IWD: HoW. I haven't actually tried it before and it seems decent.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Clockwork Knight said:
DamnedRegistrations said:
Brigandine

You might want to search for Brigandine GE (grand edition). Jap version (harder) + english patch.

I've tried it, but it's fairly unplayable. Too much stuff not translated. A real pity too, since it seems to have a lot more dialogue in it too, and lots of cool changes.

wex

Novice
Jagged Alliance 2 ( 1.13 ) Played it long time ago when it was new and I was too young to understand how it works. Really enjoying it now.

Commandos - Behind Enemy Lines , Beyond the Call of Duty. Similarly, playing them without cheats this time over. :p

NetStorm. Played it as a kid and it was too hard. Playing it now and it's still too hard. Too bad, I really like the atmosphere and sound.

Evil Genius. Done with one island, now I need to organize a perfect layout of the second one. It would take too much time and I am probably never going to do it. The game was fun though.

Mount and Blade with some Roman mod. Playing a couple of battles every week because it's not so boring that way. Is there a mod that does anything else other than changing faction names and adding some new items?

Call of Duty. Played the first one again, it's still a nice shooter. Played the second one again, and it really compares unfavorably. I might even stomach the regeneration if it didn't mean no saving, but why did they need to add the idiot messages?
- "You have been killed by a grenade. That's bad. You should avoid it."
- Thanks for reminding me, I have forgotten what the grenade marker meant since the last time.
- "They are shooting at you! That's bad, too! You should find cover."
- Thank you for filling the screen with big letters at the moment I don't want to be distracted. Oh, and I have forgotten that getting shot is bad since the last message.

Is it just me or the weapons in CoD2 do less damage than in CoD1?

MetalCraze said:
Huh I remember there was a typo in the INI file. I don't know if it was fixed since last time I've played it - but at the time on the Experienced level Deidranna had 400 men in the beginning, on the Expert - 600 and on the insane 8000.
You mean two typos? The current version has 200 on experienced, 400 on expert and 8000 on insane by default. :)

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
just finished ultima underworld 2. Solid, albeit a little cheesy near the end. The barter system never really worked well in the game but it's a nice feeling to finally beat the game.

Thrasher

Erudite
I'm playing though Pools of Darkness. Once it's done I think I'll take a break from the Goldbox. I feel tired of Forgotten Realms, DnD, and RPGs.

Hey, maybe Fallout 3 would just the trick.? ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom