Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What the fuck are you playing right now?

Delirious Nomad

Scholar
Birth Of The Federation - the 2nd best 4X.
I didn't touch it since the release, but i just can't play MoO2 anymore.

burrie

Scholar
Consider yourself envied on my part. I never even got Dak'kon on my first playthrough and played through the whole game without such a pivotal character.

Currently going at the first season of Sam and Max. It pretty much seems to be episodic adventure gaming done right, and the whole thing is quite hilarious to boot.

obediah

Erudite
Delirious Nomad said:
Birth Of The Federation - the 2nd best 4X.

Care to extol it's virtues? I tried it once, but wasn't impressed - perhaps I didn't give it enough of a chance. Have you played the trek mod for SE IV to compare the two?

Dark Matter

Prophet
Playing Age of Mythology mutltiplayer. It's been a while, shame you can't find too many players for vanilla AoM.

meeneque

Liturgist
Codex 2013 Wasteland 2
Dwarf Fortress (playing it constantly).
Vampire Bloodlines
NFS: Hot Pursuit 2
Thief 3

As for the clicking denizsi mentioned, I stopped playing Arcanum once i got to Tulla and had to step on those stupid signs. Which wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't lost the savegame with it. Gosh!

Delirious Nomad

Scholar
Birth Of The Federation

Have you played the trek mod for SE IV to compare the two?

No. It's not so much about the setting, but the gameplay mechanics.

I tried it once, but wasn't impressed - perhaps I didn't give it enough of a chance.

Coming directly from MoO2, I wasn't impresssed either. Mainly because of not being able to design your own ships and the way the science tree is handeled.

Care to extol it's virtues?
I can try.
It gives me something Sword of the stars, Immortals, Galciv 2, MoO3, Civ 4 Expansion 4X and some more wasn't able to deliver:
The urge to keep on playing (rare these days).
You really have to balance your empire with meaningful working gameplay elements.
One example: In peacful times you can shut down orbital weapons to save energy for e.g. industrial production.
In an advanced campiagn I'm having 6 (not more) star systems and it's fun to balance and decide which planet is responsible for science, which for food, for production.

By the way: I'm playing on W-XP with W- XP patches and it runs flawless. No long loading times after turn 200, no crashing ( inconveniences i encountered playing it back in the days).

Thrasher

Erudite
GF5

Really digging being a shaper puppetmaster with my zoo of creations.

Self-Ejected

Wilco

Self-Ejected
I've been playing around with Arcanum as Half-Orc on my Laptop, but the majority of my gaming time has been spent with Chris Sawyer's Locomotion, Transport Tycoons sequal.

Chris Sawyer = master of addictive 2D isometric gameplay, too bad 2D isn't 'cool' anymore, Locomotion is likely Sawyer's last masterpiece.

NiM82

Prophet
Have just been trying "Tomorrow War", now rapidly uninstalling... Worst translation ever, half of the dialogue is missing or in Russian still. Gameplay is pretty lame too, though being ale to fly to planets and land on them seamlessly is a very cool thing.

Sputnik

Educated
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Finished Fantasy Wars which was most awesome. Started Jade Empire which seems to be a fun diversion.

Also playing Icewind Dale co-op.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I have not played a single video game for a week... due to moving. :cry:

I wonder what I shall play once I get my gaming computer up and running....

cutterjohn

Cipher
cutterjohn said:
Drakensang
Spellforce Platinum
Dark Star One
Evochron Rengades/Legends(for comparative purposes)
X3 Reunion
Two Worlds
Space Empires V
Civilization IV + exp
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chenrobyl

(----! nearly filled the drive(c. 300GB -80GB linux install) on my new notebook, and my desktop is dead ATM... Oh well, notebook is better than old desktop anyways, i7 here I come...)

DS:
Etrian Odysseys
The Dark Spire
Well, I stopped with Evochrons, X3R, SEV & CivIV for now.

Added Mount & Blade vanilla.. kind of getting bogged down with it though ATM...

and then started sinking time into
UFO Aftermath
UFO Aftershock for a feel(buggy as hell)
UFO Afterlight (just to compare play/controls)

...and really started sinking time into Drakensang, although I don't know that I can stand to persevere to the end given the insipidly dull quests.

Down to dabbling now and then with the rest, although I just re-installed NWN2 + MotB on this machine under Ubuntu x86-64 9.04 tonight + wine, so I may attempt to finally finish the OC with either a warlock or sorceror, although I'm kind of miffed that my 3/4 finished save is also on the machine that is down ATM and it happens to be the only one with internal SATA support... (I'm too lazy to power up the PSU and see if those SATA cables just happen to fit an eSATA port and work... also to even bother looking it up...)

...as always still rocking down with TFC, until Valve does the right thing and releases TFC:S or make TF3 a real TF game...

xuerebx

Erudite
Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl + Oblivion Lost
Daggerfall
Operation Flashpoint

Tomorrow I'll start Clear Sky if I finish Shadow of Chernobyl.

The Dark Spire
Warlords Battlecry 3

DriacKin said:
Right now, I'm playing:

Fallout 3,
williamhope_aliens.jpg

Sims 3
Ghostbusters
Divine Divinity
Morrowind (A couple hundred mods make it an entirely different world)
Gothic
The Nameless Mod
Farenheit

WholesaleGenocide

Liturgist
I'm playing:

-Civilization 4: Fall From Heaven 2: Fall Further Plus because the original game is that bad
-Bloodlines for the first time with Wesp's mod because I don't really give a fuck what the original game was like

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom