Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What the fuck are you playing right now?

DefJam101

Arcane
Space Rangers 2, and my ultra-hardcore-challenge playthrough of Prototype where I will (futilely) attempt to get 0 civilian kills.

A user named cat

A modded out Oblivion and I'm actually enjoying it.

God damn, it took days to sort through all the bouncing tits and other stupid mods on the Nexus site. But they've really done wonders with the script extender, even an anti-crash mod that won't let the game CTD. Some really nice audio, texture and optimization ones too, game looks/runs great with the latest weather mods and all. Most importantly Oblivion XP + Francesco's, which basically transforms it into a regular experience based RPG. Finally the modding scene comes through.

poocolator

Erudite
The Order of Discalced Codexian Convulsionists
HoI2 because I want to finish my World War as Aceh. After that, I have no idea what I'll play. Maybe give HoI3 a go? I've also recently played Sims 3 for less than 1/50th the time it took me to download, before getting desperately bored and uninstalling it :/
Jaesun said:
Max Payne. Never played it before.
It's a surprisingly good game and the cutscenes are fun. I had to play it in French, but got the gist of things, even though my French was very rusty.

barker_s

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Jeasun said:
Max Payne. Never played it before.

Very nice game. Played it for the first time recently too. Now I'm thinking about getting the sequel.

Atm I'm playing Team Fortress 2 and I can frankly say that it's one of the best multiplayer games I ever played.

Multi-headed Cow

Call of Duty World at War zombie mode. If only they took out the rest of the multiplayer and campaign and worked on making more unique zombie maps.

mondblut

Arcane
Eador and Midnight/MU. Technically also KOTOR, but I haven't touched this crap for like 2 weeks already.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I haven't played anything religiously for a while now. I just occasionally pop in to L4D so I can troll people, but that's about it. No good RPGs or good games that I can play with my buddies.

ricolikesrice

Arcane
fall from heaven 2, since about 6 months =/

bought bloodbowl inbetween and got dead space as a birthday gift, yet despite me liking both games (as far as i played them which is ~2 hours) i cant stop my FFH2 addiction.

MoM/FFH2 are worse than crack. spend half of 2008 playing nothing else and now 2009 too.

Mystary!

Arcane
Champions Online Beta. Because of nda I'm not allowed to say that it sucks, so I'll keep my mouth shut.
Also Storm of Zehir, if I only could get past char creation...

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Playing through Deus Ex for the 9578950384738th time, and still I'm discovering new stuff I never found before, even if it's just a hidden item/room. Gonna install SS2 soon and play through on impossible mode because I'm just that good.

fastpunk

Arbiter
Right now I'm playing STALKER: Shadows of Chernobyl. After thinking of trying some weapon mods I decided to give it a try without any sort of mods at all. Just the game as it is, updated to the latest official version of course. Overall, I really like it:
- the setting is great and the gameworld feels alive (thanks to all sorts of emergent situations, like various factions fighting each other every now and then)
- it's hella atmospheric
- there's a good balance between exploration and action
- gunfights are interesting
- some missions were actually geared towards a stealth approach
- writing is decent thus far (I expected far worse writing to be honest), and so is the voice acting.

And beside STALKER I'm also playing through NWN2: Mysteries of Westgate. I want to try both paths (Church of Lathander/Ebon Claws) before moving on. I find it quite satisfying, specially since most quests are interesting and have a twist or two. Also, the city of Westgate is nicely fleshed out, there are a lot of flavor encounters that give the setting personality, plus there are a few lore books around to give it a bit of background as well. Overall, I'm quite impressed by Ossian's work here.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom