Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline What the heck? Bravely Second has been released? It's out? IT'S OUT! EU only lmao | 3DS master race

what is bravest?

• being first

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • being second

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • being third

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • being last

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
It's been out in Europe for two weeks. What the heck!? Why didn't anyone alert me??? :shittydog:
Anyway I'm picking it up tomorrow. From the game store! Where mothers go to pick up pokemons for kids!! lol!!! COOL BEANZ! :desu:

The cover is shit tho!:baka:
large
lol!!!

What are some cool stuff to do in this game?! What are the best builds?? lol!!! Discuss!!:happytrollboy:

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Are you on the sauce, Zed?

Also, hope you like Cowboys more than Native Americans.

Siveon

Bot
Cool. Not a big fan of Bravely Default, wasn't big on the combat so the entire game was lost on me for being shit at everything else, but hey, have fun. Downloaded the demo for 2 just for kicks.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'm pretty disappointed, Nintoddler was responsible for localising it and they censored the ever loving shit out of it.

There's some minor shit like changing the indian outfit to a cowboy, and making a bunch of outfits less revealing.
There's lots of memes and 4th wall breaking jokes (japanese players also complained about memes, so YMMV),

And then there is the completely unacceptable shit they did.
They removed about a dozen or so images from the art book.

http://operationrainfall.com/2016/02/26/localized-bravely-second-art-book-receives-edits/
Bravely Second: End Layer was released in Europe today. The Square Enix and Silicon Studios’ developed RPG has an art book packed with it’s Deluxe Collectors’ Edition among other items.

However, the 250-page art book is a reproduction of Design Works The Art of Bravely 2013-2015 a book some fans might already have imported from Japan or bought from and a local Japanese merchant. A twitter user helped verify a few changes made to the art book.

Firstly, multiple images of heroine Agnés Oblige drawn with her hands behind her back. These images were removed in the localized art book.

Bravely-Second-art-book-original.jpeg

Japanese Art Book

Bravely-Second-art-book-1.jpg

Localized Art Book

Secondly, on Page 141, a bloody image of character Geist has been removed.

Bravely-Second-art-book-geist.jpeg

Japanese Art Book

Bravely-Second-art-book-4.jpeg

Localized Art Book

A strange inclusion in the art book is the Native American tomahawk class for character Aimme. These images were left in, but the game altered the job class to be a cowboy instead.

Bravely-Second-art-book-aimee.jpg

Localized Art Book

These are the only edits so far, but thank you to NintedoTweet.

Bravely Second: End Layer is out now on 3DS in EU and will release in NA on April 15.

thanks, wiiUandMii

[UPDATE]

New edits have been uncovered by NintendoTweet. In the Japanese art book the Agnes is shown tied up with red ribbon. This page has been taken out and replaced by an extended version of the previous page.

tumblr_inline_o2rb09sdqv1spwxuw_500.png

Japanese Art Book

tumblr_inline_o2rb00n32t1spwxuw_500.png

Localized Art Book

And they made it so everything has only good endings; they removed all of the bad endings, presumably because the babies working at nintoddler can't deal with their actions having consequences.
This apparently also extends to characters no longer questioning their actions or motivations in any side content.

http://www.gamezone.com/news/bravely-second-localization-has-seemingly-butchered-the-game-3434305
Bravely Second's localization is a real hatchet job that has been leaking to us piecemeal. First they altered the Tomahawk job class, they started covering more skin in the character costumes, and finally they are censoring art in the art book. No, I'm not arguing that we should see sexy costumes as art and complain they're covering the girls up: They are literally removing art from art books. This is actual art censorship we're talking about. Will these stereotypical censorship villains try to put pants on Michelangelo's David next?

Just when you thought it couldn't get anymore ridiculous, the latest localization failure falls upon us with the grace of a cow dropped from an airplane. Unfortunately, this time it isn't a joke, entire story lines have been removed from the game so that players can only receive one outcome:

"They removed all the non-neutral sidequest/Asterisk quest outcomes; any choices that would cause characters to die have been removed. Whatever choice you make now, you'll receive the neutral outcome where both sides make it out ok. Compare this to the Japanese versions where you had 4 different outcomes, with VOICED cutscenes!" [Source]​

Wonderful, now there are no sad or bittersweet storylines, and your choices don't matter. Just what people want in all their RPGs. What a brilliant decision on the part of the localization team.

[edit]
Have an alternative cover
2FkV3bY.jpg

Last edited:
Eh. I enjoyed the first game well-enough until it decided to recycle all of its content 50 hours in. Seriously, who the fuck was responsible for that design decision? The class system was fun to fuck around with, but unless I hear that this one significantly changed up the formula and diminishes the grind, I think I'll be giving this a pass.

Also: Fuck that censorship.

Siveon

Bot
Oh yeah, that was the worst part. What's stronger than those 4 bosses you fought? How about all of them at once? Did you like that one dungeon with nothing in it? Go through it 3 more times! FFS NES JRPGs have more variety.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I don't really care about the art book or the censored stuff because I'm not a loli pedophile nor do I care what costume my characters wear.

That said, lol @ any claims that this game would be any darker or more adult than the first game.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
So you don't care about removed game content? Cool. Maybe next time they could just split the game in two and sell it as two full priced games to ya.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Anybody know about restoration project for this game? I don't really care about censored class, but I would like to see the cut content if I am to buy this game at all.

Theldaran

Liturgist
The cover isn't shit, I've got the feeling Magnolia is the best thing about this game. She deserves to be the star.

I'm writing months after, since today I picked up my 3DS that had been sitting around a long time, and both beat the Walhart battle (of Fire Emblem: Awakening) and proceeded to download BS:EL's demo.

About the former, it's no surprise since the only games I've beaten for 3DS are Virtue's Last Reward and Tales of the Abyss, both great games. But I'm expecting to squeeze more goodness out of the console in the future.

About BS, I've found the demo lackluster, the writing was especially poor, though I liked Magnolia. I've heard that the story is somewhat weak, no doubt worse than BD, that was way more trepidating [though I haven't finished it yet, the latter part of the game destroyed me]. Sadly I'm not buying the game for Magnolia alone. If sometime I find 45 spare euros that may change however. But what I saw, I didn't like. Also seems like you can't adjust the grinding, that's freaking insane!

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Hopefully 'I Am Setsuna' doesn't suffer this retarded bullshit.

Theswweet

Literate
Hopefully 'I Am Setsuna' doesn't suffer this retarded bullshit.

I lost all interest in that game when it became Digital-Only, PS4/PC only for the West. I mean - nice that they ported it to PC, that's always a good thing, but it really does seem like Square Enix has no clue regarding the demographics that own a Vita. That audience would eat that game up.

I guess from a business standpoint it might make sense to only bring over the PS4 version, and port it to PC, since most people that own a Vita will also own a PS4 - but it still kinda rubs me the wrong way.

...As for Bravely Second, I still haven't gotten around to playing it. I imported Bravely Default: For the Sequel to avoid the censorship the first time around, and I'm still about 30 hours into it. I imported Bravely Second when it hit like $15 on Play-Asia since I had a feeling that the sequel would get censored as well. I gotta say, I didn't expect THIS many changes. Kinda glad I bought the Japanese version when I did.

Perkel

Arcane
btw people don't buy this shit.

Bravely Default 1 is copy paste game hidden under first 5 hours in which you will literally see almost every locale in game. Then there are shit dungeons, shit weapon tiering and balance.

Only good thing about it was whole brave/default system and multiple jobs everything rest was pure trash.

I couldn't give less shit for playing BD2 when BD1 was such hot garbage.

Theswweet

Literate

Bravely Default 1 is copy paste game hidden under first 5 hours in which you will literally see almost every locale in game. Then there are shit dungeons, shit weapon tiering and balance.

Only good thing about it was whole brave/default system and multiple jobs everything rest was pure trash.

5 hours to see every locale? What? I haven't even been to the snowy part of the map yet, and like I said I've played for 30 hours. I'm probably a little slow though.

Siveon

Bot
5 hours to see every locale? What? I haven't even been to the snowy part of the map yet, and like I said I've played for 30 hours.
You must be grinding then. The time it takes to reach all the towns should only be about 15 hours at most. The game is like ~40-50 hours long.

Perkel

Arcane

5 hours to see every locale? What? I haven't even been to the snowy part of the map yet, and like I said I've played for 30 hours. I'm probably a little slow though.

5 hours is hyperbole but after few first hours you are literally replaying whole game again..... and again .... and again just to see shitty finale.

It is like they made first 10 hours of game and then run out of money so they came up with way to reuse whole contant few times and make 15 hour game into 80ish hour game to justify suckers shelling out 60$.

Honestly i liked start of the game where it painted nice picture of jrpg done right but when you hit 3rd city you fucking know this is all just makeup on turd under it.

Worst part of game was defo dungeons. I think they can contest for worst dungeons for any jrpg ever.

Theldaran

Liturgist
The accurate word for describing BD's world is "barren".

Seems like all the work went into the different jobs, but then again it's inherited from original FF, isn't it? (I haven't played FF1)

The local media madmen call BD "possibly best turn-based RPG game ever". :retarded:

Siveon

Bot
Seems like all the work went into the different jobs, but then again it's inherited from original FF, isn't it? (I haven't played FF1)
Not really. FF1 only had about 6 classes with rather simple differences. BD takes most of it's inspiration (for combat) from Final Fantasy V, Final Fantasy Tactics, and 4 Heroes of Light.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom