Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What to play after Elden Ring

welly321

Scholar
So I am in a gaming funk since completing Elden Ring since nothing can really match its greatness. I tried Elex 2 and OMG....I just couldn't do it. I loved Elex but I guess I forgot how bad the combat was and playing it right after Elden Ring was just not doable.

So now I am looking for a new RPG to play. I am considering either Solasta or Knights of the Chalice 2. Can anyone make a recommendation on which I should choose?

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Neither of these are any similar to Elden Ring but okay.
Go for KotC2, because Solasta is soy, boring and bad.

welly321

Scholar
Neither of these are any similar to Elden Ring but okay.
Go for KotC2, because Solasta is soy, boring and bad.
Yea its fine that they arent like Elden Ring, I am a fan of turn-based RPGs as well. Quick question, does the icon based characters and enemies in KOTC2 end up annoying you? It seems it would feel like playing a board game or something. Thats the main reason I haven't went for KOTC2 yet.

welly321

Scholar
since nothing can really match its greatness.
Call of Duty games all destroy Elden Ring. CoD is harder than ER! Only n00bs brag about playing ER.
You sound angry for some reason. I wasn’t bragging about playing it and I didn’t call it hard either. It’s actually the easiest of any of the fromsoft games I’ve played. The difficulty is not why I found it an incredible game.

it was incredible because the world and exploring were awesome. The depth of the combat system with all different weapons and weapon arts along with the different builds that are possible really thrust it into greatness. There are also tons of secrets to discover and a great lore backstory. It’s basically the culmination of a the best parts of all the dark souls games rolled into one.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
since nothing can really match its greatness.
Call of Duty games all destroy Elden Ring. CoD is harder than ER! Only n00bs brag about playing ER.
You sound angry for some reason. I wasn’t bragging about playing it and I didn’t call it hard either. It’s actually the easiest of any of the fromsoft games I’ve played. The difficulty is not why I found it an incredible game.

it was incredible because the world and exploring were awesome. The depth of the combat system with all different weapons and weapon arts along with the different builds that are possible really thrust it into greatness. There are also tons of secrets to discover and a great lore backstory. It’s basically the culmination of a the best parts of all the dark souls games rolled into one.
I want a randomiser for the game and a 100x increase in difficulty. In fact I want every enemy replaced by Malenia, Blade of Miquella.

BruceVC

Magister
So I am in a gaming funk since completing Elden Ring since nothing can really match its greatness. I tried Elex 2 and OMG....I just couldn't do it. I loved Elex but I guess I forgot how bad the combat was and playing it right after Elden Ring was just not doable.

So now I am looking for a new RPG to play. I am considering either Solasta or Knights of the Chalice 2. Can anyone make a recommendation on which I should choose?

Im playing Oblivion at the moment with loads of mods that make the game even better, why dont you play Oblivion instead of Solasta or Knights?

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Yea its fine that they arent like Elden Ring, I am a fan of turn-based RPGs as well. Quick question, does the icon based characters and enemies in KOTC2 end up annoying you? It seems it would feel like playing a board game or something. Thats the main reason I haven't went for KOTC2 yet.

The icon based characters are superior. Instead of annoying you they become the better and prefered way to play. Solasta is soy confirmed but worth a playthrough at least once.

SumDrunkGuy

Dark Souls 2. Elden Ring is certainly better than most games but nothing can match the greatness of Dark Souls 2.

ELEXmakesMeHard

Learned
Elden Ring & Archolos killed ELEX 2 for me. I just can't get into it.

I'll likely just go for a 2nd Archolos playthrough, then a 3rd Elden Ring playthrough.

Dune: Spice Wars comes out on April 26th. Maybe it'll be good. Not an RPG though.

Jinn

Arcane
Elden Ring & Archolos killed ELEX 2 for me. I just can't get into it.

You don't deserve that user name.

But yeah, similar thing happened to me. I've still gotten some enjoyment out of ELEX 2, but probably would have enjoyed it a fair amount more if I had been more starved for a good action RPG. Archolos is really what did it more than anything, I think. Shits all over ELEX 2. And ELEX 2's general drop in quality from the first installment.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom