Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What was the swiftest kick in the nuts (*gaming wise) for this gen? 2013-2020?

Waiting years for Bannerlord to release just to have to wait years more for it be finished.

So that 10 years from now maybe the mods will be finished.

:negative:

JDR13

Arcane
Dead Space 3

Also, Rune II. I haven't even played it, but you can just tell it's that bad.

Eirinjas

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
EA's Star Wars Battlefront games. The second one was particularly bad.

Edit: Those games were disappointing, but Tyranny made me mad. Fuck that game and everyone who worked on it.

Last edited:

Falksi

Arcane
Witcher 3

Seriously, a very lacking game which not only stole the limelight & coin away from far superior games, but also meant a large portion of gamers have been focusing on Cyberwank 2020 since, and that again far better games will be going under the radar.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Torment: Tides of Numenera, nothing comes even close. Being a big fan of both Torment and Numenera, I didn't think that "Tides" could ruin everything. I wasted 45€ on that shit.

Never pay more than 20 bucks for a computer game.

Star Citizen

Learned
LOL Still Underworld Ascendant for me my dude. I bought that in good faith. Avoided all spoilers, previews, tech demos or whatever. Like getting raped by my favorite athlete when asking for an autograph.

Semiurge

Cipher
Bloodlines 2. Why is the world of darkness so cursed and almost always falls in the hands of lesser developers?

Star Citizen

Learned
Bloodlines 2. Why is the world of darkness so cursed and almost always falls in the hands of lesser developers?
I think the OG was mostly that fluke. A hit and run. Worked where it shouldn't have. Pleased where it shouldn't have too. I don't think that experience is remotely replicable, sadly.

Silverfish

Arbiter
Trials Rising. Shit progression, lootboxes (that can be earned offline, but only opened online), unnecessary, distracting stuff added to the screen / hud, removal of air tricks / trick maps, a looping soundtrack with an alleged 20+ songs, but where only about half actually play and a tacked-on story about my character "going places" in the Trials world.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I think Fallout 4 is better than 3 by a mile, despite its shitty dialog wheel thing, so I can't call it a kick to the nuts.

I think I might say Dragon Age Inquisition and Mass Effect Andromeda as a double-header. That empty MMO style design for a singleplayer game just depressed me. A lot of open world games had issues with that, even the vaunted Witcher 3, but those two Bioware games were probably the worst examples of it. Even shooters like Rage 2 got in on that bullshit. "MMO design" in general wins my razzie.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Torment: Tides of Numenera, nothing comes even close. Being a big fan of both Torment and Numenera, I didn't think that "Tides" could ruin everything. I wasted 45€ on that shit.

Never pay more than 20 bucks for a computer game.

What's more aggravating is that the EA area was pretty decent. It was the only decent part of the game. That living underground area was sort oh meh, and everything else was shit.

Skene’s Gland

Literate
Disc storage being rendered obsolete because of 100 gig “day one” patches. Even if you get a GotY Edition or whatever you’ll likely end up downloading gigs an gigs of patches and dlc.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom