Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout What would you want your exposition skeleton to be doing?

You hear the bleating of air raid sirens and see a light brighter than a thousand suns, what do?

• Total voters

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
We live in uncertain times and with increasing tensions across the world some say conflict is inevitable. If it were to get so bad that nukes started flying then it is up to those that are around to witness it to document it for those that survive. One of the best ways to do this, as we all know, is through the use of exposition skeletons.

So, Codex... What would you want YOUR exposition skeleton to be doing?

Wunderbar

Arcane
ei0JzhZ.jpg

Alphons

Cipher
Set up a dozen of mannequins with machetes around my bathroom, teddy bears playing poker in the living room and a garden gnome with dozen of empty bottles in front of TV.

Even if my skeleton crumbles to dust, my legacy will live on in the Oxhorn's lore videos about the funniest locations.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Cigarette-Smoking.jpg

"Let's rock."

(When approached my head crumbles off into dust)

I think my favorite example of this is from New Vegas. There's a town with a big memorial for NCR rangers that famously stood their ground there in the first battle for the dam. And just a couple of meters from it on the first floor of a building are skeletons with NCR gear and even a tape detailing ranger's last moments. Apparently the NCR somehow missed their bodies after the battle, or just could not be bothered to actually bury their heroes. Oh, Obsidian.

thesecret1

Arcane
Quickly take a sharpie marker and write on nearest wall, in big letters "THE JEWS DID THIS". Then slump down below the writing so as to underscore the message with my skeleton

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Assuming the commies only hit the airport and considering wind patterns around here and declassified FEMA documents from the Cold War, my reaction would probably be: "Oh nice, in 6 weeks when the fallout has decayed, it will finally be safe to go to the east side of Portland for the first time in years."

mihai

Educated
Well first I would be blind after having seen something brighter than a thousand suns.

Perhaps I would find a desk to sit at and make an ostentatious facepalm to address the general stupidity of mankind. That we couldn’t at least wait a couple decades till global warming would have destroyed our civilization anyway.

Actually I‘m doing a facepalm right now thinking about it. Humans are just so stupid.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom