Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ What's the hierarchy of Codex staff members?

Phos

Is DarkUnderlord the only admin? Does the Codex have super moderators besides regular moderators? Are there any other categories besides administrator and (super) moderators?

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Super administrators: DarkUnderlord, Taluntain, Crooked Bee
Regular administratrors: VentilatorOfDoom, Infinitron

Super moderators: WhiskeyWolf
Regular moderators: Crispy, Scruffy, Scrooge, Jaesun, Zed

A super administrator is simply an administrator that can make other people administrators.

A super moderator is simply a moderator who has moderation privileges in all of the forums on the website instead of only a selected subset of them.

For the average user, this is all you need to know:

A moderator can fuck around with your posts and ban you from specific threads.
An admin can fuck around with your account and ban you from the forum.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member

A super administrator is simply an administrator that can make other people administrators.

A super moderator is simply a moderator who has moderation privileges in all of the forums on the website instead of only a selected subset of them.

And a super admin can fuck you while wearing a cape.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Who created the RPGCodex?

The RPG Codex was founded in 2002 by a group of Black Isle Studios and Troika Games fans who had formerly been active on forums such as No Mutants Allowed, Duck And Cover and Terra Arcanum. Chief among them was Saint_Proverbius (PBUH) who still logs in every couple of years.

If you've ever wondered why the Codex seems to have a particular obsession with Obsidian Entertainment, this is why. Following that group of developers is part of this website's DNA.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Who created the RPGCodex?

The RPG Codex was founded in 2002 by a group of Black Isle Studios and Troika Games fans who had formerly been active on forums such as No Mutants Allowed, Duck And Cover and Terra Arcanum. Chief among them was Saint_Proverbius (PBUH) who still logs in every couple of years.

If you've ever wondered why the RPG Codex seems to have a particular obsession with Obsidian Entertainment, this is why. Following that group of developers is part of this website's DNA.
So, this site was a troika fan site originally?

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath

Whats the point of having specific moderators for specific subforums instead of having them all be supermoderators?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Whats the point of having specific moderators for specific subforums instead of having them all be supermoderators?

Some moderators might prefer not to have to read or deal with what goes in General Discussion, while others are perhaps best suited to General Discussion.

So, this site was a troika fan site originally?

Basically yes. And Troika's shutdown less than three years after the site was founded set the tone of the place ever since, as a forum dedicated to decrying the neverending decline in RPG standards.

Self-Ejected

c2007

Self-Ejected

Souja boy says....
giphy.gif

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
In reality it's all led by a secret cabal of people, rumored to be on the lost Jaesun's "bro list."

janjetina

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera

Also robe and a wizard hat

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Vault Dweller, founder of Iron Tower Studio and creator of RPGs such as The Age of Decadence, Dungeon Rats and the upcoming Colony Ship, was once an RPG Codex administrator. He was not one of the site's founders, however - he only joined in 2003.

His role on the site was much the same as mine, the head news and content posting guy. But in 2007 he got into a fight with the other admins about moderation policy and was forced out. It was quite dramatic, but most people agree that in the end it was all for the best.

Last edited:

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
There is no user #1, in the olden days #1 was the setup admin account only used in the initial creation of the forums and consequently deleted once the process was complete. User #2 on any old forum is usually the effective #1, the one who set it all up. In this case, Calis, the one-time code monkey of the Codex.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom