Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline What's the lewdest, non-hentai JRPG I should play that's actually good?

kaisergeddon

Liturgist
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
If you can handle SRPGs, Stella Deus is a good one. Besides everything else, you collect a harem of magical girls who represent different elements, and the way you unlock their true powers is by meeting with them in an enchanted private room while they're wearing nightgowns and lingere and going inside their minds to help them unravel their complexes and resolve daddy issues. You date them besides this, which also helps raise affection levels to allow you to probe them deeper. If that statement sounds sexual, it's super intentional; this game mode is very sexually charged with lots of innuedo that's almost flat out foreplay. Thankfully the game is very good and the writing is on point, if you play Stella Deus you certainly won't be starving for entertainment, although the battles take forever which is par for the course in this genre. The girls are amazing though.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Atm, due to another thread mentioning the name, I'm trying Demon Master Chris. Seems kind of easy. I'm trying all 3 settings and comparing. Yep, lesbians. Dungeon walls kind of meh at first with little change. A lot of VN chatter. Advancement so far doesn't seem to do much. I checked all 3 starting stats for Chris (lvl 9, 10, 11 depending in difficulty), no difference. Ether on easy is x2. Hard is 1/2. Easy you can start with the melt/strip spell to do an instant crit to rip clothes.

Looks like grinding for ether only to buy spells, gear. I know you get xp and even levelled up a mouse but its stats didn't change. Dunno, hidden stats maybe.

Simple dungeon latout for a blobber. Can't have multiple mice so that kind of sucks. Or... hmm leave one in the inn. I'll check.

nope. Pretty much losing interest in this as I can guess how it probably goes. I'm going to guess Anna & Bel are demon lords as well. Anna probably lost rank and wants Leviathan knocked down a notch. Bel (Bael), I don't know. Perhaps she wants both the others knocked out and is probably just using Chris. Hell, is all lesbian... This looks pure railroad and maybe some grind. I guess you capture only one of each mob (and i'm inclined to guess even the demoness lords). Looks like an easy piece of cake.

Last edited:

Amurada

Educated
How does bayonetta compare to like dmc4 or 5?

I go back and forth on it, but ultimately, I would say that Bayonetta as is Ninja Gaiden, are all completely distinct games from one another. Ultimately, I would say I enjoy Bayo less than DMC4 (have only played the demo to 5), but it is still great in a manner that is unique to the game. Kamiya claims that he never payed attention to DMC after he left the series, instead focusing on games like God of War, and I would say that this statement is somewhat duplicitous. The influence Bayo has from GoW is clear: the game has a greater emphasis on cinematic action sequences, which is the games greatest strength, and does so much better than GoW ever had done. But Kamiya is either outright lying; or another combat designer on the game clearly took influence from DMC3 (at the detriment of the game). The trajectory between DMC1 and Okami is clear: these are both methodical action games with a greater emphasis on deliberate and singular actions to the combo heavy and action cancel emphasis found in games from DMC3 and onward. The greatest shame in this, is that DMC3 itself (as far as I'm concerned) wasn't all that great an action game, but paved the way for the excellence that was and is DMC 4 & 5. Bayo clearly lagged in competition to what DMC was cooking up with 4, and it shows unfortunately. I would say that the emphasis on cinematic action sequences more than makes up for it, and there are few action games with such polish these days that Platinum still stands out past the crowd of many 3D action games that come out nowadays, so its definitely worth playing.

Essentially, DMC = NG > Bayo (and Bayo offshoots from Platinum) > any other tripe that comes out today.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik

I heard this scene was great. DEJAP translation only.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom