Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What's the point of gaming anyway?

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
I don't even know what's the point of anything anymore. I'm just taking things day by day.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I guess 3 and 4, because I'm into IMMERSHUN and role-playing a specific character type. In reality I think it's 1-4 in some respect for nearly everyone. If there's no gameplay challenge or thought going into it, then it gets super boring. Even an old point and click adventure needs decent puzzles which make it feel like a game. Walking simulators are dire, boring experiences.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
In capitalist culture there can be no other point to anything other than a perpetual "existential void" ; it is the isolated subject that apprehends culture as something to consume and discard, like his very existence that is used for the sake of profit, that understands his experience and indeed all possible experience as something inherently anonymous and devoid of meaning ; this historical state of mind is elevated into a philosophical idea of the nihilistic tendencies of what is supposed to be the essence of human nature. It seems as if, thus, all culture made for the masses confirms them as replaceable elements of the masses - there is no engagement with culture other than "partaking in it", on a purely passive level ; the consumer understands his experience as the universal experience, the universal apprehension of abstract time that must be "killed" ; this lack of activity or "killing of time" is understood to be "meaninglessness", and indeed it is as the subject understands his experience as something that is limited to the sameness around him.

Yes if you want to be deeply ironic this is a joke post, but then it really isn't, because none of the shit I post here is ironic or funny

Self-Ejected

Daze

Red Panda Alt
I invested too much time to quit wasting time.

Machocruz

Arcane
To win and feed my ego off the butthurt of depressed white males going on about voids instead of gitting on with the gud. I'll void my bowels all over them in Soul Calibur.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Escapism. Plain and simple.

Take me on an adventure, make me forget everything around me and enrapture me within a new world, with new exiting ideas and people.
Explore the future, visit the past, make up with the present!
Tickle my funny bone, or my destructive side.

Gaming is life.

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
In capitalist culture there can be no other point to anything other than a perpetual "existential void" ; it is the isolated subject that apprehends culture as something to consume and discard, like his very existence that is used for the sake of profit, that understands his experience and indeed all possible experience as something inherently anonymous and devoid of meaning ; this historical state of mind is elevated into a philosophical idea of the nihilistic tendencies of what is supposed to be the essence of human nature. It seems as if, thus, all culture made for the masses confirms them as replaceable elements of the masses - there is no engagement with culture other than "partaking in it", on a purely passive level ; the consumer understands his experience as the universal experience, the universal apprehension of abstract time that must be "killed" ; this lack of activity or "killing of time" is understood to be "meaninglessness", and indeed it is as the subject understands his experience as something that is limited to the sameness around him.

Yes if you want to be deeply ironic this is a joke post, but then it really isn't, because none of the shit I post here is ironic or funny

Finally this is the post I've been waiting for.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane

Or you could be in communist culture and involved in almost constant struggle and/or war because everyone has a problem with someone else trying to take shit that doesn't belong to them.

Gaming is a lot of things. A unique existential crisis for fat westerners it is not. And I have proof. One word. JAPAN.

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron

Or you could be in communist culture and involved in almost constant struggle and/or war because everyone has a problem with someone else trying to take shit that doesn't belong to them.

Gaming is a lot of things. A unique existential crisis for fat westerners it is not. And I have proof. One word. JAPAN.

But what about ACID COMMUNISM?

https://my-blackout.com/2019/04/25/mark-fisher-acid-communism-unfinished-introduction/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom