Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What's your favorite DA2 class?

I want to be a

• Male Fighter

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Male Rogue

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Male Mage

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Female Fighter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Female Rogue

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Female Mage

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Dragon

Votes: 30 76.9%

• Total voters

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
" He was at BioWare for a time, yes, but he was still an EA employee."

FFS Anyone who works at BIO is an EA employee. this was true the moment EA bought them. HOLY FUKK NUTZ!

(Yes, I replied years later, DEAL WITH IT)

Falksi

Arcane
Makes me wonder of DA:4 will now include "Shemale", "Transgender" and other such options.

If it doesn't I'm gonna to kick up a stink, in a hope that it stirs things up enough so that Bioware get devoured by the same SJWs plaguing the planet which they have spent years trying to appease.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
femboy barbarian for DA4 please

There was already a femboy barbarian in DA 3: Inquisition, voiced by that Bailey chick. She is a female pretending to be a man to fit in with Iron Bull's mercenary group.

EDIT: It's some other woman who voices her. Anyway it's a character you meet when Iron Bull and his band moves into your Keep, at first I thought it was a joke or something (bad VA) because it's obviously a woman pretending to have a "gruff voice", but then you learn it is a woman barbarian-type character who pretends to sound gruff in order to fit in; I have no idea if there is more to it than that as I never bothered investigating Iron Bull's quests.

Here is the wiki entry: https://dragonage.fandom.com/wiki/Cremisius_Aclassi

Background
Krem was born to a Tevinter tailor. Although raised as a typical girl, Krem realized he was different from the girls that he knew, and would often pretend to shave with his father. After reaching adulthood, Krem's mother began to pressure him to marry the son of a wealthy merchant to save the family from slavery. Krem refused, and his relationship with his mother was destroyed.

Some time later, a Tevinter magister, in an attempt to save the poor from the cold, had his slaves make clothes and sell them for almost nothing. Unable to compete with slave labor, Krem's father was put out of business and forced to sell himself into slavery to save his family. He became one of the servus publicus.

After his father's sacrifice, Krem joined the army, but since women's roles in the Tevinter military are heavily restricted, Krem concealed his gender status by bribing the healer who performed military physicals. His charade went on for several years, but when the healer was called away on duty, the new healer discovered Krem's secret and reported him to the authorities. Faced with the threat of slavery or execution for falsifying military documents, Krem ran, but was caught in a border town's tavern by a Tevinter tribune and his men. As the tribune and his men attacked Krem for deserting (to "make an example" out of him), the Iron Bull came to Krem's defense, losing his eye when he came in between Krem and a Tevinter's flail.

Afterward, the Iron Bull healed Krem's injuries and asked if he wanted a job. Krem joined Bull's mercenary company, the Bull's Chargers, eventually rising to become Bull's second-in-command, often leading the Chargers on missions in Iron Bull's stead.

lol, the wiki entry is almost incomprehensible because they keep calling the character "he" when it's actually a woman (because of muh pronouns/social construct), so the wiki entry becomes a complete clusterfuck of illegibility.

• In a conversation with Iron Bull, he says that Krem fits the Qunari concept of "Aqun-Athlok", which translates in Qunlat as "born as one gender but living like another." Krem asks Iron Bull if Qunari treat them any different than others to which Iron Bull replies they are treated like the men they are.

Kek.

This is incorrect. AFAIK there was no gender mutilation surgery in the Dragon Age universe so that means Krem is still a woman down there, at best she is a cross-dresser.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom