Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What's your favorite soundtrack?

Voids

Augur
Personally I'm burnt out on the hyper generic grandiose scores of most modern rpgs and turn the music off. That said my favorite soundtrack would be from fallout 1. It's evocative and atmospheric while also being a little creepy in areas.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Deus Ex, hands down.

Very fitting that this masterpiece of a game has a masterpiece of a soundtrack.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Mine are mostly from movies:

Blade Runner
Blade Runner 2049
Hereditary
Arrival

My favorite films OST are from Ennio Morricone (just pick one, i have a 3 CD compil of his work and they're all as good as the previous one) and Basil Poledouris (Conan), special mention to Eric Serra (Subway comes to mind first)

None

Scholar
Fallout 1 & 2. This was peak Mark Morgan imo. My personal favorite is City of the Dead.

More recently I've enjoyed the soundtrack from 40k Mechanicus, especially Children of the Omnissiah. Does a good job at capturing the homicidal toaster worshiper vibe.

Swigen

Arbiter
Singletrac games (Twisted Metal 1, 2, Jet Moto 1,2, Rogue Trip) had the best fuckin’ soundtracks.

Beggar

Cipher
I don't think there is anything better than Kings Field 4 - it's just insane and unthinkable genius.
Also extraordinary: Silent Hill 2. It's not the locations you are exploring, you go with the tunes.

Worth mentioning: Hitman 4, Persona 3-4. Pure mood soundtrack, perfect for those 3 games.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Diablo 1 & 2
Starcraft: Brood War
Warcraft 1 & 2
Streets of Rage 1-3
Syndicate
Icewind Dale
Morrowind
Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain
Soul Reaver
Shadowrun for Genesis/SNES (specifically Renraku Arcology/The Cage respectively)
Shadowrun: Dragonfall
Hotline Miami 2
Darkest Dungeon
D&D: Tower of Doom (you can put almost anything from '90s Capcom arcades here)
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night & Bloodlines
Doom/Doom II
The Terminator for the Sega CD

Swigen

Arbiter
I liek the thin bloods beach music from the Unofficial patch for Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom