Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

When did you last shriek like a manchild at the announcement of a videogame?

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Based on the latest Link's Awakening remake, it would seem the Internet is full of these kind of people. But I've never been like this myself. No game release has ever got me hyped. So what about you?

hoothoot

Arcane
Patron
When friend told me NFL Street 2 was getting rereleased to PS4. But it wasnt. gg

Space Nugget

The "reannouncement" of Cyberpunk 2077 plus everything I was reading and hearing about it made me giddy. :shittydog:

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Never, but the last game I cared about was Fallout: New Vegas. That game was like the fucking holy grail of gaming waiting for a legit follow up to the original Fallouts. Didn't disappoint either. One of the greatest games I've ever played.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think I was slightly enthusiastic for Star Craft 2 and Mass Effect 2. Little did I know...

Actually "be hype" hasn't happened for me since that time Black Isle announced a Baldur's Gate 2.

laclongquan

Arcane
Possibly Fallout Tactics, Arcanum, and Lionheart.

Not VTMB because I was jaded abit after previous release, plus it's a different look. It's my first (and last) vampire game.

Not Fallout 3 because Bethesda just release Oblivion and the feels are not that good. I smelled too heavy bullshit, so Oblivion with gun was a bad hype to me even at that time. Not Fallout New Vegas because F3 was too much a turd to expect good things from an expansion of that.

Way too long~ Too much broken dreams and overhype since~

I was half shriek during the 1st trailer of FF7 remake, but only half, because the curse of FF7 is too heavy to expect a remake coming out safely.

Although Numenera's KS campaign made me half excited, the change away from Forgotten Realm made me leery so not shriek.

To make me shriek like that again would require Mech Commander 3. Or old devs of Startopia decide a sequel.

Last edited:

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Devil May Cry 5. I told myself one day I will probably lose interest in gaming completely, but that phase must not kick in if I haven't got to play a new DMC yet.

RapineDel

Augur
What could be more exciting for a graphic remake of a gameboy colour game for $60?

I had this for A Hat in Time which I originally backed on Kickstarter something like 5 years ago, decent game and probably better then Yooka Laylee.

I also got excited for Broken Age when it first had a Kickstarter. Huge disappointment.

Falksi

Arcane
Years ago I used to buy the legendary Jaz Rignall umbrella of computer mags - Firstly C&VG, then Mean Machines, which then went on to become Mean Machines SEGA & Nintendo Magazine System.

I fucking used to love C&VG + Mean Machines - brilliant reviews, great humour, great artwork, great banter - just a fucking class set of mags in a golden age of gaming.

But somewhere in the MMS & NMS era the mags took a sudden shift from being review & "now-based", to being full of previews instead & all about the up & coming. I instinctively didn't like it, and soon stopped buying them. Unbeknownst to my young mind this was the shift in the mags being genuine, written by true gamers & all about the games, to being run by the suits upstairs & becoming nothing more than commercials & hype machines for future games & game companies.

It was back then I realized that I didn't give a single fucking toss about hype, and that the world was full of fucking moron matrix-battery wannabees who were going to ruin the world with their retarded desire to be brainwashed. And in doing so pre-order shite by the bucketloads so that quality would be bullied out the industry & replaced with hype fueled copy-paste wank & junk-loot filled open worlds.

These people not only destroy gaming, they destroy society & keep us bogged down in a mire of shit with their fucktardedness.

Last edited:

Edija

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'd shriek like a manchild if:

A new Warlords Battlecry game would be announced.
A new Gothic game by PB would be announced.
A new Dungeon Keeper game by Original devs would be announced.
A new HoMM game by NOTUBISOFT would be announced.
An Arcanum sequel.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom