Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline When I was 9.... DISCUSS!!!11

Reapa

Doom Preacher
Just experienced "turning to stone". One of my chars has been turned to stone... for 2 rounds. At this point the game has stopped being worth discussing. It's like raping bambi's mother's dead corpse. I'm close to tears of disgust.

Last edited:
WC3 editor was fucking beautiful, 9 year old me made so many campaigns and edits with relative ease. If Div's editor is similar I need to try it immediately.

set

Cipher
It's not as simple as WC3's editor, sadly, but because item mods are in a flat file, and because terrain painting is simple to grasp, I think it will be easy for inexperienced people to pick up. The only confusing stuff right now is... getting it to work! I've made a bunch of modifications but it's hard to test them. Waiting on larian forums to post a proper build scheme.

It's easy to make your own companion, if you follow the guide on the Larian forums, but it's hard to get them to show up in your main campaign, if that makes any sense. Or at least, I'm doing something wrong I can't determine!

But to make your own item mods, all you literally do is unpack the Main.pak campaign file with an extractor, go to Public > Data > Main, open up the xlsm files with excel, change shit, hit "Generate" in the All.xlsm file and then put the generated .txt files in your mod, which you load into the main game. You can program skills and crafting this way too, it appears, though I haven't delved into that yet.

Lebokadneza

Novice
Hello Guys,
i was surving in the internet, reading a couple of Reviews about Divnity Original Sins and found this!
It´s my first Time i have to answer such a Post.

Normaly i just would say:" How dare you ?!" , but i will try to be more argumentative (Maybe i cant).

I will refer to the Threads Title and Compare with Skyrim. It´s not my Opinion, Skyrim is a bad Game, but it is just for me ... Divinity is better.

I am starting with some Facts about the Development about Skyrim (Bethesda Game Studios) & Divinity Original Sins (Larian Studios).
Costs for Skyrim 85-90 Million $, Divinity 3,5-4 Million $. Developers on Skyrim 90 (just Developers), On Divinity Original Sins ... 40 complete Larian Studios (maybe some extra for the music)
Skyrim´s Time in Development. I think just development, without planning, about 3,5 Year. Divinity as i know 2 - 3 Years. Not sure for this. And most Important. Larian Studios did "Divinity Original Sins" without some big Publisher behind them.
For that? Great Job for DOS @ Larian Studios, Bad Work for Skyrim@ Bethesda...

But enough about loot. Lets talk crafting. It sucks. ... hair + hair = thread, thread + needle = thread and needle. On the other, wtf am I supposed to do with void essence? ...
Sorry for your the Game isn´t telling you, would to Do and what your able to do in every single step.

... I'll tell you why, because the world is so small, that if you could get a little overpowered you could play the game in a couple of hours and would notice just how small it is...

I want to explore, hear funny stories & Discussions and all that Stuff. So i don´t care for a Big Huge Free World, like in Skyrim where everything looks same, every single
npcs is saying: " I used to be an adventurer like you,Then I took a ...".

That being covered, let's talk quests and quality of quests... I skipped through most of the texts. Why? Because i could. In a linear world you don't need to know what you have to do to advance. So i need to explore the south, the west, the east and the north? Good idea, captain of the guard, if you hadn't told me, what would i have done?...
Why? .... Oh my Godness ... Cause of the Story, The Dialogues, Clues for nearly everything and a hundred of other reasons.

To that my Opinion for Story: Divinity > Skyrim.
You wanna hear an example why? Did you finish the Main Story in Skyrim? Yes? Me not, Cause it´s an excelent way, how you shouldn´t tell any Story.
=> In Divinity the Story is good, you can interact with a lot of Stuff, you have to use the Part inside your Head (Sry for that) and remember a Clue you get from NPCs 2 Hours before.
There was some Article from a German website about Divinity in Februar with Title "I hate Divinity Orignial sins". First Paragraph"Yes, you´ve got me. I hate Divinity Original Sin. I visualized, just how comfortable i´ve got cause of modern rpgs. It´s like the going to a fitness studio after 10 Years and getting out of Puff after 10 Minutes." Thats what DOS is... old cRPG with modern Technique..
Seems to me, Reapa just want to see a good classic Action Movie like ... Snakes on a plain?!

The game also gives you character housing somewhere at the end of time and it's fucking pointless cause you never go there unless you get told a new portal to some shit has opened and you got some beds to sleep in, even if you don't need to sleep the entire game.
Lets talk about the Amazing Housing in Skyrim you had to Pay another 5€ (From the Beginning? Dont Know...) or maybe we dont, cause its just .. äh ... boring?!

You spend your valuable skill points on lock pick and get told: this door can't be lockpicked and this door can't be damaged and this is not a door so it can't be lockpicked or damaged, but you also can't get through so fuck you for playing this shit.
Isn´t there a mod for Skyrim called like:" GET RID OF THE FUCKING LOCKPICKING!" ??? Oh and yeah, i dont have spent one point for lockping... Just use your brain.

One last Thing, cause i´am getting tired...
Did you play the Ques "War of Stones". The Way you have to go to the Bloodstone throught the lightning in temple? It´s not just Perception and get to the Target... If you would
use your Brain, you would mention its kind another riddle in the game. Small but funny. Warm & Cold.
These kind of Riddles you have on nearly every Quest and always its something new, funny and theres not just one solution to finish the Quest and i have no points spent in perception, too...

Oh and ... I am from Germany, too ... I am deeply ashamed for his vocabulary. Always thought americans found this way to use the Word "f***". I will give it some thought.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
Hello Guys,
i was surving in the internet, reading a couple of Reviews about Divnity Original Sins and found this!
It´s my first Time i have to answer such a Post.

Normaly i just would say:" How dare you ?!" , but i will try to be more argumentative (Maybe i cant).

I will refer to the Threads Title and Compare with Skyrim. It´s not my Opinion, Skyrim is a bad Game, but it is just for me ... Divinity is better.

I am starting with some Facts about the Development about Skyrim (Bethesda Game Studios) & Divinity Original Sins (Larian Studios).
Costs for Skyrim 85-90 Million $, Divinity 3,5-4 Million $. Developers on Skyrim 90 (just Developers), On Divinity Original Sins ... 40 complete Larian Studios (maybe some extra for the music)
Skyrim´s Time in Development. I think just development, without planning, about 3,5 Year. Divinity as i know 2 - 3 Years. Not sure for this. And most Important. Larian Studios did "Divinity Original Sins" without some big Publisher behind them.
For that? Great Job for DOS @ Larian Studios, Bad Work for Skyrim@ Bethesda...

Sorry for your the Game isn´t telling you, would to Do and what your able to do in every single step.

I want to explore, hear funny stories & Discussions and all that Stuff. So i don´t care for a Big Huge Free World, like in Skyrim where everything looks same, every single
npcs is saying: " I used to be an adventurer like you,Then I took a ...".

Why? .... Oh my Godness ... Cause of the Story, The Dialogues, Clues for nearly everything and a hundred of other reasons.

To that my Opinion for Story: Divinity > Skyrim.
You wanna hear an example why? Did you finish the Main Story in Skyrim? Yes? Me not, Cause it´s an excelent way, how you shouldn´t tell any Story.
=> In Divinity the Story is good, you can interact with a lot of Stuff, you have to use the Part inside your Head (Sry for that) and remember a Clue you get from NPCs 2 Hours before.
There was some Article from a German website about Divinity in Februar with Title "I hate Divinity Orignial sins". First Paragraph"Yes, you´ve got me. I hate Divinity Original Sin. I visualized, just how comfortable i´ve got cause of modern rpgs. It´s like the going to a fitness studio after 10 Years and getting out of Puff after 10 Minutes." Thats what DOS is... old cRPG with modern Technique..
Seems to me, Reapa just want to see a good classic Action Movie like ... Snakes on a plain?!

Lets talk about the Amazing Housing in Skyrim you had to Pay another 5€ (From the Beginning? Dont Know...) or maybe we dont, cause its just .. äh ... boring?!

Isn´t there a mod for Skyrim called like:" GET RID OF THE FUCKING LOCKPICKING!" ??? Oh and yeah, i dont have spent one point for lockping... Just use your brain.

One last Thing, cause i´am getting tired...
Did you play the Ques "War of Stones". The Way you have to go to the Bloodstone throught the lightning in temple? It´s not just Perception and get to the Target... If you would
use your Brain, you would mention its kind another riddle in the game. Small but funny. Warm & Cold.
These kind of Riddles you have on nearly every Quest and always its something new, funny and theres not just one solution to finish the Quest and i have no points spent in perception, too...

Oh and ... I am from Germany, too ... I am deeply ashamed for his vocabulary. Always thought americans found this way to use the Word "f***". I will give it some thought.
sadly, you are too late
Just experienced "turning to stone". One of my chars has been turned to stone... for 2 rounds. At this point the game has stopped being worth discussing. It's like raping bambi's mother's dead corpse. I'm close to tears of disgust.

Perkel

Arcane

Too much D&D for you. Imo it is consistent with other statuses like frozen which should be more or less the same in D&D world as pertification.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Whining about being turned to stone for 2 turns? Seriously? That is the wussy version. TRUE RPGs make you stoned FOREVER.

tumblr_kpg4n8mCKg1qzp0gto1_500.jpg
9 years old when WC3 came out? RPG diaperdex.

kris

Arcane
Whining about being turned to stone for 2 turns? Seriously? That is the wussy version. TRUE RPGs make you stoned FOREVER.

I think that is his complaint. As in his eyes being turned to stone should be permanent, unless possibly dispelled.

TheGreatOne

Arcane
Since you can teleport at will and there are no respawning enemies, D:OS could easily have such "hardcore" status effects.

polo

Magister

I actually thought he was whining about how short, petrification was.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I was 9 when Doom 2 came out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom